Lyanna

Should I Become NH?

Should I become an NH?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Should I become an NH?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care

Well, the question says it all, really. Please, it's NOT a popularity poll, nor is it bragging. I'm seriously undecided, so I thought I would ask you guys. If you don't know me, or have never seen me on the Newbie Channel, then you're not obliged to vote, of course. :) For those who DO know me, don't let your feelings get in the way. Consider all the points carefully, please, and make an informed decision.

Pros:

(1) Well, I've been recommended, apparently, so somebody must think I can do it.

(2) Most of the NHs are in Europe and the US. I'm on the far side of the world, so I can cover those times when there aren't any NHs.

(3) I seriously doubt I'll misuse any powers given me. :)

Cons:

(1) I have a lot of RL duties and commitments now, so can't be on as often. What's the point of an NH that hardly appears?

(2) I'm already helping newbies very well without the powers of an NH. Why does it need to be official? It makes not much difference, except that it gives me the ability to do not-so-nice things to people.

(3) I happen to LIKE the following conversation:

[Newbie]: Lyanna, are you a mod or NH?

[Lyanna]: Nope

[Newbie]: Then why do you help on this channel?

[Lyanna]: Because I like to. :)

(4) There are other people who are equally-qualified to be NH, and have been in the game longer/more committed to it than I am. Why me and not them?

As you can tell, I'm a rather negative person. :) But nevertheless, you can see the issues I'm considering. Please tell me whether I should or should not. Poll ends in 1 week, and I'll give my answer then.

-Lyn-

I think you should, your the most helpful person when your on and you don't take the short way out you explain and help anybody no matter if you like them or hate them, do it :)

Being a NH is usually a pain for most people, you are better off helping unofficially then becoming an NH in most cases.

To be honest I have no clear opinion...anyway if you think you will have alot RL issues which will not

allow you being active NH - you shouldn't be a NH. We need active NH and of you are official one

you are taking some part of responsibility. No idea why is there this poll, you should rather ask other

NH what do they think and mainly, you have to ask yourself if you can provide enought of time and

attention for the community. You are nice person you are helpful, so I rather agree with Learner.

Of course if you will want to do something that requires special abilities you may ask me or higher

level moderator for help.

Regards.

No idea why is there this poll, you should rather ask other

NH what do they think

That's why I posted this poll. It was difficult to ask each and every NH separately, so I thought I'd do it this way. And it also allows other people who may be interested to also vote.

I think you should, your the most helpful person when your on and you don't take the short way out you explain and help anybody no matter if you like them or hate them, do it :)

Lyanna

Fig is right you are extrally helpfull ((meh look where you got me!! :) )) and even if your not on offten the times you are able to play and help would be enof so ignore plat

Learns has a point it can be a pain...but then you get to kick and mute the pain..so thats a plus :) ...

but in the end you need to ask yourself....

lyanna1: Lyanna ((this is you talking to yourself))

lyanna2: Yes?  ((this is you resonding to yourself--man you mlust be crazy))

lyanna1: Do you like to help?

lyanna2: Yes  ((my asumtion of that i thought you would say to yourself))

lyanna1:  Would it be easyer or harder to help if you could officaly tell people TOPIC and enfore it?  ((that is one big qestion your asking yourself what do you say? also you will be able to help the others that dont ask in the channel but in the help_me's!!!))

my vote is yes!!!

I will say you are probably the most helpful person I have seen on channel 1. I voted yes but it is totally up to you. If you feel you can't live up to the duites, then you might want to reconsider but IMO, you should :)

I voted yes because, like everyone else says, you're a very helpful person. When I see you on, your usually helping someone and I'm pretty sure you've kept me from going too off topic on the channel :) But if you have real life duties you have to attend, I really dunno if it would be a good decision. You'd be very busy and I'm sure you'd be a bit stressed out from the game and real life. Meh, but it's entirely up to you.

From what i remember, believe me, making all the "Should i be an NH" posts in the world, aint gonna help your cause lol, however, since i have left and come back more mature (yeah..right) i now believe that being an NH is a option everyone in Eternal Landsâ„¢ has, when you help a new player, thats you being an NH, when you tell people off for spamming in a channel, that's being an NH, when you reply in the "Help Me" section, THAT'S being an NH!

Hehe I have to agree with you sam. Anyway she is really helpful, but those people who are telling her

to be a NH seems to forgot about two things: Newbie Helper = time + patience, if you don't have it

you can't be good official NH, IMO. And of course it is small popularity contest but at least quite

resonable one. ;-)

Regards.

When i became an NH, i did it to help but yet i would say a part of me wanted the power... I'm not sure if i'll get my powers back in-game or in-forum because i havn't been on, but even if i don't, i will still help and support the official staff, and you lot can too, these posts are a waste of time yea, if Entropy or Roja want new NH's they would ask you :unsure: Oh Didn't you just miss me and my posts.

I think you are good NH, your attitude is sometimes wild but *looks in the mirror*, it reminds me

someone. ;-D

So welcome back and start annoying Roja to add you back. ;-)

Regards.

Why thank you lol, :blink: just read the Flames, im being accused of what happend to the forums, Toy was the one who told me about it! :unsure:

If she gets her nh powers back beecause of that poll then teh banned 0n3na should lose the nh status too since there is also a poll about it in the flames forum.

My suggestion is: Remove the poll and let Ent + Roja decide.

She said, she made that poll to ask people what they think. I don't think so if Entropy or Roja (rather

Roja, because she takes care about NH, AFAIK) will care about poll on forum.

Regards.

I do belive that Lyanna is asking us if she should be i think she is saying she was already asked and wants ower opinion on if she should be one or not.....

Moonie i agree with you also :rolleyes:

Sorry, forgot to make it clear. Yeah, Roja already asked me... so now I have to decide whether to accept the position or not. And I asked for her permission first before running this poll.

-Lyn-

Lyanna like I said it's entirely up to you, I won't take it personally if you say no-or if ANYONE says no if/when I ask them :rolleyes:. From your first post up there it seems you are leaning towards no, and that is fine! You have your own life and if you don't want to get that involved then you don't have to. ..I don't want anyone to think that they "have to" do it just because I want them to, or even because others want them too....this is just a game, and you have real life responsibilities that are more important. Or maybe you just dont' want to be anything "official".

A couple times it happened when I asked someone and they said they werent sure..or let me think about it...and I wonder, maybe I shouldn't have asked because then I put pressure on them? I don't want to do that..Maybe I should let people actually ASK to be NH's first? And then, when they ask, i'll keep an eye on them and see how they help if they are good enough. Do you guys think that's a better way to do things? I dont know, I am new to this as well :D

I voted yes cus i think an injection of good ppl inro NH/MOD wud do good

Anyway I say...yea. Great person. Can be on at different times too...which is nice.

And I doubt people will start flame wars about ya. :)

Roja, if you will allow people to ask you of being NH you will get flooded by posts from various power

hungry people. Also I wonder how you will keep an eye on them if you are not playing the game

and you are usually busy? For example Dabilahro...he scares me...eeek!

Lyanna: If you have time and patience, go ahead say yes, if not then last thing which you should do is

being an official NH.

Regards.

I have the patience, but I'm just worried about time. I DO have a lot of RL things to do, so I would not (or at least, SHOULD not...) be on EL like, everyday or something. Maybe once or twice a week at most. So I don't know how useful I would be as an NH that way. Do you think that is an acceptable quantity of time for an NH?

And I agree with Plat about the asking thing. Besides, there are some people who help out a lot, but don't like to push themselves on people, or seem too forward. You'll miss them if you change to that kind of system.

-Lyn-

Lyn, I don't know what to tell you, week has 7 days, you can be active only 2 days, for some short

time, so most of time you are inactive - seems a bit insufficient. Well talk to Roja, if she thinks it is

ok. Being NH is not a job for people busy IRL (unless you can play at work *evilsmile*).

Regards.

SAM! You were like teh addited NH ^^ I bet you're the only one that has helped more newbies than i... (i've quit doing it, i'm denoobed >.<)

I have only seen Lyanna in teh forums but you seem to make sense etc... i'll vote yes :P