Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
aston

I Got A Idea For Some Sort Off Speaking Idea!

:P i was thinking EL should try get some sort off speaking stuff so you can speak to ur EL freinds....a bit like team speak but for el i have just thought off this i dont know how it will work but maybe u all can help its jsut an idea *retired EL fan and player* :P

I don't exactly understand what you mean, but let me try to cover all the options:

1) People in the same guild can send guild messages to each other.

2) There are channels, PM's, and local chat.

3) There will be a buddy list implemented soon.

4) To talk to people off the game, there's the Forums, a whole host of instant messengers, an IRC channel, and a Yahoogroup, even.

-Lyn-

he means speaking into a microphone and sending that to the server. the server will relay it to the players near u or guild members.

and i would hate that feature. i wana be able to play el without any sound. if u wana talk then use teamspeak.

you idiot, just turn of the sound if your so pissed about it.

Why don't you just install teamspeak if you like it so much?

Hey If i rememer correctly Hellinon had the honourable title of Spamer in the old forums when is he Going to be crowned again?

Back on subject... I am not very big on the Voice chat it will be unnecessery load for the server...

Howerver how about some animated expressions for our characters... it will be nice to see our characters saluting... cheering...giving the finger..bowing down... or even dance a bit....

I believe it is not going to be such a great programming hasle to implement... although it will be a heafty amount of work for roja (but then again seing how creative she is she might even enjoy it)

you idiot, just turn of the sound if your so pissed about it.

you are the idiot. when they build in something like teamspeak ppl will use it and ill miss the chat when i turn off sound.

plz think before u post.

I love ur idea giannis , sounds great but it ll be a bunch o work tho , but it ll make the game much cooler ! a big w00T for more animation :)

I agree with Frak. I for one do not like the idea of using a voice chat.

1. We don't have a filter over the microphone so anyone can say anything they want.

2. OPEN INVITIATION TO SPAMMERS!!!

3. Flame wars will open easly and the mods won't have any/little control over ending it.

4. Off Topic City in ALL Channels and like posted above, the mods won't have any/little control over ending it.

5. Last but not seritanly least... *drumrolls* Languages.. People will speak in different languages and No one would be able to understand them. This has ben a problem with alot of voice chats. It's better that they learn how to type in english than to have us hear them and about half of us not undersand what the hell they ares saying.

( add on )

Unless it's like PowWow where everyone can talk in turns and not like Yahoo chat where people can speak all at once.

Iwouldn't implement any speaking at all in this game, speaking will go by typing peeps , thats the whole idea!