Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest_ravenLoft

Why Is Bell Canada Banned?

Guest Guest_ravenLoft

hi i was just wondering why bell canada was banned. why should a bunch of people have to suffer because of something a person or maybe a couple of people have done in the past. do you that is so justifiable? i personally feel that we all should have to suffer because of something a kid or maybe a couple kids have down. that is just overkill. :D

Because there is one or more troublemakers from there, and Bell South refuses to do anything about it. Since you get a different IP address every time you connect, the only way to prevent this particular person from causing trouble, the entire ISP had to be banned. Complain to Bell South. If they decide to take reports of abuse seriously, maybe they will get unbanned.

Guest Guest_RavenLoft

i go thru sympatico and my comp, and tyhe net are never shut off, so i always keep the same ip address, i would just like a chance to beable to experience the world that was created for your minds, rules, are meant to be keep and respected in my eyes, and the people that break them dont deserve to play, but i stiil feel that the ends dont justify the means, i mean do you think that it is fair that alot of people must go through this just becuase of a bunch of kids goofing off?

You could always use a proxy server like system to mask your IP and litterally log on as a differnt IP...

Hope I diden't say too much for the bad people out there with bans...if so just delete this...

Guest Guest_Ravenloft

how would i go about doing that?, and wouldnt that be an infraction on the rules of eternal lands?

Guest Guest_RavenLoft

What ever those people did it must have been pretty bad in order to justify cutting off most of a province from being able to play a game that you created for the sole purpose to let people that like RPG's to get together in a MMORPG that doesnt cost anything, i mean its just like desccrimination. (you people can have it but you guys cant, becuase of a couple kids.)

but i stiil feel that the ends dont justify the means, i mean do you think that it is fair that alot of people must go through this just becuase of a bunch of kids goofing off?
It's indeed not fair. But I'm especially pointing at the alternatve situation: it wouldn't be fair if the whole community has to suffer because of a few people goofing off -- so when ISPs don't take measures against an abuser after a game admin sends them an abuse report, those ISPs get blacklisted.

Maybe you can exert more pressure on your ISP, because the ball is in their courtyard.

Secondly,

i always keep the same ip address
I believe there's a whitelist coming up (if it's not already there) for static IPs of people who connect via blacklisted ISPs.

If you have a static IP, you can ask Ent to put you on a white list.

However, I can see that your posts are from different IP addresses. Sorry.

Guest RavenLoft

how is it that my ip is different everytime unless it changes every 5 inutes, which would thereby mean that the internet sould contantly be shut down on me, which it isnt. all i am acking is for a chance to try this game of yours. it look very enjoyable.

You could always use a proxy server like system to mask your IP and litterally log on as a differnt IP...

Hope I diden't say too much for the bad people out there with bans...if so just delete this...

If a proxy-server is detected, that server gets an automatic ban, no questions asked.

Bad guys already know how to use proxies.

I have crazy idea. How about enable proxy server with authorization with your in game login

and password? Then there could be banns for particular charackter and it could be available for

people on white list only. So people from banned ISPs would be able to connect to game server

using particuar username and password. Or maybe implement that function in the server that

particular usernames are allowed to connect from some IP which is banned and some not.

There charackter creation ban would have some sense because currently it is hurts only players

who are not abusive. Because abusers usually knows how to use proxy to create a charackter

(there are proxies that are not fully openned - for example it allows connections from particulars

IP classes so it may not be detected by proxy detection software).

Regards.

Guest RavenLoft

That is a very good point ... you should do that, that way you dont have to cut off a go chunk of people. and that in turn would make everyone happy. except for the abusers ofcourse. but if they feel they should cheat, then they dont deserve to play any game, cheating is the most annoying thing i have seen, i hate playing a game then a cheater comes along and screws people over, (killing them, stealing all there equipment, having GODMODE, it is the stupidest thing i have ever seen, if your need cheats, or hacks, you should even play the games.

Guest RavenLoft

thats just my opinion though, i know it probably amounts to little against the MODS.

I have crazy idea [...] Or maybe implement that function in the server that

particular usernames are allowed to connect from some IP which is banned and some not.

That's called a whitelist, and I believe it is already on the todo list :)

Current white list is not passing the exam because it is still access by IP.

Regards.

Regards.

"current white list"?

As far as I know, the white list has not been implemented yet. But when we discussed the possibility, it was a name-based white list, and I think everyone agreed on that.

Guest RavenLoft

the game never let me in, so i guess that sympatico really sucks about this whole damn ip address thing, i need to get cable, or dsl.

Regards.

"current white list"?

As far as I know, the white list has not been implemented yet. But when we discussed the possibility, it was a name-based white list, and I think everyone agreed on that.

Well I heard stuff like that: "If you have static IP we can add you to whitelist" so I thought it already

exists. :)

Regards.

I think it's more like remove it from the list of banned subnets... Although I haven't figured out how the ISP bans work yet, I don't believe every bell south IP address is in the normal ban list :)