Which option would you like best?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which option would you like best?

• Independent P2P
    • Ingame items
    • Ingame items, stats increase, perks
    • P2P areas
    • P2P quests

Perhaps you should reread what I posted.

I read everything you posted. So, how do other games that have that sort of system deal with those problems then?

Well...I playied a game for awhile that P2P items wouldn't be seen in your inventory or your "warehouse" as they called it so you couldn't even make the items there because they called them all one items "Unavailble P2P item" Desc "Buy P2P and use this!!" And yes please widen the bridges :)

Well I hate P2P i know that youve must earn money but its unfear well the new mmorpg Guild wars is one time paying and youre on+you dont need to pay monthly. Unpaying players want new swords and new maps.And its good if you give the paying players new skills and perks

i say about y dont u for the p2p server do a nice price to pay each month. IF they dont pay up ban the ip for the p2p. Cos there is going to be so unfair stats on there. I think u would have more dickheads on the p2p than f2p. If u do this idea

I hate to say this, but I don't like any of the options. :(

- P2P quests and maps would affect the storyline and role-playing aspects of the game. Obviously, some F2P people (like me) will never be able to understand or write about the maps and NPCs they've never seen. It goes against what you're trying to make EL into, Ent - a story-driven game, like you said in one of your interviews. Therefore, I fully agree with Tumaros' idea. Don't limit the maps. P2P quests, however, might be okay - depending on how they're structured. If they're like the god quests, and just involve things that don't really give any info on or affect the storyline, then I don't mind them. If there is information about the EL world that you cannot get in the F2P version, then I'm totally against it.

- On the other hand, as many people have said, P2P items and perks (storebots, attributes, etc.) would affect the game balance. While this won't be much of an issue for the RPers, it would affect the people that play it as a game (rather than a story). Of course, I completely agree that any P2P item must not be allowed to be handled by F2P players. Fig's suggestion may help there. An alternative may be running both on the same server, and allowing P2P items to be used by F2P, but making them have completely separate effects. (eg. "Pink Cloak" may be a perk-cloak in P2P, but just an differently-coloured fur cloak in F2P). Likewise, weapon-damage may be severely restricted in F2P, but a P2P player would have much more effects when using it. I don't know whether this could be done or not, but it might be an interesting option to consider. Likewise, you could have specific P2P skills, like woodcraft or archery. It would not prevent F2P from using bows, but if you could work in some sort of exp limiter...

- On the third consideration, splitting people into separate servers would fragment the current community, and most of the guilds. EL's strongest point has always been it's community. However, the main reason why people want to go to a P2P version is also BECAUSE of the community - namely, they want a more select, mature community. And keep in mind that If EL ever gets to the point where it is so big that it physically needs more than 1 server, you won't have a choice anymore. It may be better to split now, and let the two different servers form their own small communities. But you're going to get a lot of complaining from the guilds and oldbies.

Still trying to think of something that will make everyone happy..

-Lyn-

IMO not too many peoples would mind no.1 if two things were implemented:

• Chat carried over to the other server(s)
  • P2Ps could have their char. switch servers

My opinion on the whole bridge thing I think could be solved by one of two things:

1. Having something on the website that would switch your char between servers, but could only be activated if you were offline for at least 2 hours.

2. You can go through other players. The catch to this one is that in RS you can also go through other players, and as everyone knows, if RS has it, it's bad :)

If we go with a P2P version, you will be able to move your free account to the P2P server, but from then on, you will have to separate and independent accounts (one on P2P, one free).

If we go with a P2P version, you will be able to move your free account to the P2P server, but from then on, you will have to separate and independent accounts (one on P2P, one free).

Wait, let me see if I understand this correctly... Does it mean that if (for example) I change to P2P, the character "Lyanna" would exist on both the P2P as well as F2P servers, but from then on would evolve in two different ways, because of the time I spend either on the F2P or P2P?

In other words: When a person changes to P2P, his/her character would be saved and transferred to the P2P server, but would also exist on the F2P server, so each time he/she logs in, they can decide which server to play on?

If that is the case, I vote for this option.

-Lyn-

Ok, what about races? I planned on going to P2P but I want to be draegoni. Would I have the option to change it?

One last thing: If the above case is true, then the maps and quests would be available to both servers, right? (ie. no need for special P2P maps and quests?)

-Lyn-

*Sigh* Guess I'll have to recruit someone to compile the Fact Files for the P2P version - I can't afford to go to those maps or do those quests.

-Lyn-

How about making storage bots for guilds programs and rent the programs out for like 25.00/mo

i would be sorry if desided to go with the p2p server.

I don't like the idea of a seperate p2p server, that would suck because i either couldn't talk to my old friends anymore nor could i interact with them unless i went back to the free server and that would be a waste of my playing time if you know what i mean.

The way to go would be to have p2p maps, items, and quests, but definately no buyable attributes(thats just not right). People that buy p2p could use the special items and skills and go to the other maps but the f2p people would not be able to use the p2p items though they would be able to obtain them through pk and trade.

Thats the perfect way to make it in my mind and i will most definately p2p if its at least somehow like this :blink:

You COULD make a PK area that is seperate from the rest of EL but on the same server. There could be a command (something like #get me out of here) that you would type in and if you were P2P it would tele you to the PK area. If you weren't it works like #beam me up and teles you to IP

well ive been around a bit and played the majority of the mmorpg's out there and they all use different ways to earn money from the game,from what i have seen if you use independant p2p your best bet (i dont know how this is arranged) for a payment method would be through the phone line as this covers the whole range of players not just the ones with credit cards or paypal accounts.if you decide not to go independant p2p you should sell items players rely-on or would make life easier on the player,i.e limited use items with a set number of charges that give bonuses not usually found in the game.

everything ive just said is probably useless to you knowing me but i hope it helps :D

This is my idea: no separate servers. Having F2P and P2P players on the same server will be good for business because a lot of people will sign up for F2P, see that the P2P people can do more than they can, and decide they want to pay, too. You could implement P2P the same way other games implement expansion packs, by having maps, races and classes (or in this case, skills) you can only get if you have the expansion. As far as items go, I think that any new items that are dropped in the P2P map areas should be equippable by F2P players; of course they would have to buy them from other players because they can't get into the P2P areas. The same would go for quests, and any other content. Any content you don't want people to get for free is contained within the P2P maps. This would probably make the coding easier too, because instead of having to flag all the items, quests etc as free or pay, you just have to limit access to the maps they are on.

if we do combine "p2p" & f2p, then I DEFINETLY don't want the f2p players being able to use the p2p items. So that's out of the question.

We're still thinking about this, as it is a BIG thing to think about...haven't come to any conclusions yet.

if we do combine "p2p" & f2p, then I DEFINETLY don't want the f2p players being able to use the p2p items. So that's out of the question.

We're still thinking about this, as it is a BIG thing to think about...haven't come to any conclusions yet.

i agree i dont think its fair to have the p2p objects equipable on f2p the hole point to it is to make you want the object and in turn pay to play to get it

but i would like the p2p and fp2 if possible to be on the same server... friends dont last long when split up... same with guilds it would suck to have it all brake up onto 2 servers ((we could deal with it but it would suck))

You could flag items as "p2p" and then put a flag on user profiles that indicate if they're allowed to use p2p items or not.

It would be good if everyone (f2p and p2p) were on the same server. Just from a sales perspective, if a f2p player sees a p2p player with cool stuff who's able to do more cool stuff, the f2p player is more likely to pay, IMO.

Correct me if I'm wrong Fred, because I very well might be, but didn't Ent say that once p2p items were created, that they could be dropped and picked up by a f2p user? I havn't read the entire thread all over again since I last read it but it seems like that was what he was going for. I think the example he used was the enchanted swords. I'm probably wrong but oh well.

Cheers,

~S

Enchanted swords are items buyable with real money, but not P2P specific items, thus what Ent said was true, but your evaluation is not

We Should definately Keep the whold thing on the same server, because I also wouldn't want to lose my friends. Maybe you can program P2P items so f2p users couldn't pick them up.....but anyway, i am going for any suggestions with p2p in them, I don't want my char to lvl up just have to create a new one on the new server. we should make tons of new skills, weapons, designs, monsters, maps, the whole cha-bang....im not gonna pay money for only a couple.....

I think P2P maps and stuff would be the best solution, cause noone would lose their friends, and we could still all be together. it would stink if i couldn't use bows in KF. if people don't ike how they get their butt kicked by them, it's their fault for not updating to the newer version....... <_<

:) just had a thought.

ent why dont you try doing "limited edition" items?

just do something like sell x number of an items with a new look/new stats for a short period of time(for real money of course :P )

repeat every month or so with something new and guaranteed people will buy them :D