• Independent P2P
    • Ingame items
    • Ingame items, stats increase, perks
    • P2P areas
    • P2P quests

option 1 and 4 are ok

OPTION 3 : never i hope , then the player with the most money wins

good for ur wallet ent but noot good for the game i think

A little off topic..but the subject does kinda fit.....

One bad thing about the EL server is that it cannot be like games like RS where if one server is full you just pick another server to go on for the day. And you can tell your friend in the other server to come join you in the server you're in because you can't get on the other one. You have your character & all it's stats/itemes/etc.

For EL it would NOT be that way. If we get a ton of players on this server, we'd eventually need another server. So guess what...on that new server if you went on it it'd be like starting EL all over again, there is no character "cross over", you'd have to make a new character, etc, etc.. So if you have your character all nice and lvl'd up with all your items on the original server, and your friend wants to join, well he'd have to go to the OTHER server, and the only way you'd get to talk to him is if you join that server too..without your character that you worked on.

I don't care if entropy has to spend a YEAR to make this work, I think it would be worth it to make the servers "share" the characters.

100 % behind roja on this one.

We've started over now enough.

If u make the p2P version in such a way that u cant get ur original char in tehre , no one will play it!

The third will probably be the one that will move more money but it is also the only option I don't like because it will ruin game balance.

If u make the p2P version in such a way that u cant get ur original char in tehre , no one will play it!

Oh you'd get your character in there, but you would not be able to then switch your character to and from servers, or "worlds" as Aepox put it.

I think p2p areas might be the best choice since that would allow us to maintain most of the community feel of Eternal Lands. Guilds could remain intact and the messaging system would work between P2P players and cheapskates.

I can see it now: You walk through the mists and approach the bridge of death that leads to a P2P area. The guardian of the bridge has three questions for you:

What is your name?

What is your quest?

Do you have a paypal account?

It would be really nice if the server support for multiple channel communication was working since it would be good to be able to make some channels P2P only so they could be used for communications that only apply to P2P areas or quests or events or whatever but people could still use things like general chat across the whole server. In any case, there could be a need for global messages that only go to P2P players.

I agree. F2P can have the same quests, but less quest rewards. Also, #3 is evil. Speaking of rich kids, it is not hard to sell equipment, alchemy items, gold, potions, etc. on eBay so you can make money on P2P rather than lose it. Entropy does it; we can do it too. Entropy probably does not use eBay though. :lol:

*Points at Marketplace Forum*

i think there should be a p2p and f2p servers. p2p as well as ahveing all the stuff f2p has should get more places, items,monsters and other stuff

Sharing characters bewteen servers is actually quite simple. If I wanted to, it would take me about 30 seconds (if that) to make the test server use the same character data as the main server. However, that only works because they're both running on the same machine. If the server actually became so heavily loaded that we needed a second physical machine to run a server on, it would get a little more complicated. However, if could definitely be done.

Hmmm. :unsure:

I would be all for the idea of a seperate p2p sever but would only pay for it if it wasn't a consistant bill. If I could pay a certain amount of money for a certain amount of months, or something similair, I would gladly pay to access more maps, items, etc.

As for the idea of selling in-game items. Doesn't that already exist to some extent?

Well there is my 2c,

~S

Cicero, just make sure that the same character can not be on both machines at the same time and watch out for unusual methods people might be able to replicate items by switching back and forth between servers.

Player has a serp in his inventory, player stores serp in storage, player enters new server (or server crashes) , player has serp both in inventory and storage. I don't know if that can happen now, but similar tricks could be tried to replicate items.

Cicero, just make sure that the same character can not be on both machines at the same time and watch out for unusual methods people might be able to replicate items by switching back and forth between servers.

ALL HAIL LEARNER!! *Falls on his knees and starts worshiping Learner* First the ants (which poon thee) and now this, yay for this man!

I do not even want to share characters between free servers. Otherwise you can do a lot of evil things, such as go in a PK map, kill someone, steal the bag, run, disconnect, log on another server.

Or block a bridge on some server, then before the admins come log to another serer, block that bridge, etc. The posibilities are endless. No, I want each server to be a self contained, independent world.

Im afraid i wont pay if that would mean id loose my friends...

I think we should be able to have chats an fights with F2P if we are P2P...

I think i got a way to solve the p2p item and area lock..

Just have all chars have a stat, P2P.. when P2P=0 (F2P) u cant have those items and cant enter maps, for items that would be like "U can't accept this trade, u cant have P2P items"

when P2P=1 u can have all this stuff + be able to enter the other continent(s)

is the possible... wouldnt be to ahrd if u ask me, would take work for u guys to add this stat to all items and chars, but that should be small against how many more P2P i think there will be

I do not even want to share characters between free servers. Otherwise you can do a lot of evil things, such as go in a PK map, kill someone, steal the bag, run, disconnect, log on another server.

Or block a bridge on some server, then before the admins come log to another serer, block that bridge, etc. The posibilities are endless. No, I want each server to be a self contained, independent world.

Sure people can do evil things like that, but they do those evil things anyway, with or without another server. Obviously we're not going to stop it by having independent worlds. Slow it down a little perhaps..but some of these problems-like bridge blocking-can be fixed by modifying the maps(which we should do regardless).

What are the REALLY bad things that people can do? Because right now as I see it, having independant worlds would do more harm than good to the community.

Sure people can do evil things like that, but they do those evil things anyway, with or without another server. Obviously we're not going to stop it by having independent worlds. Slow it down a little perhaps..but some of these problems-like bridge blocking-can be fixed by modifying the maps(which we should do regardless).

Perhaps you should reread what I posted.

selling items ingame works terrific for game susch as Conquer Online, and they way u dont have to thin about another verions, nor a unbalanced game. BUT u would have to add alot of new items., so it would actually be a point in bying an item... but i think u already know that (and no i didnt read allt he pages of posts=) a new verison=less ppl on the server at once= a bad thing. perks/attribs for sale= richest kid is th strongest players, wich sux, even if ur allowed to buy items, u wont be unbeatable w/o the starts/lvls.... sooo... just sell ittems - or make another version of the playercount reaches high enough..

if u can add P2P quests, and areas why can't u add the whole P2P map and all the P2P quests and find some way to prevent F2P players from getting P2P items shouldn't be that hard O.o and if P2P players are walking around in new races and have all these coolio wpns on then it should encourage F2P players to get them also right???

I do not want the free players from using the p2p items. That's why when we sell swords, for example, if you die and lose it, the one that killed you can get your sword.

@tropicano Yes, the rich kids would get slightly better stats, but then again, they would allow the rest of the players to have a more updated game fore free. So it pays off for everyone.

I read everything you posted. So, how do other games that have that sort of system deal with those problems then?

I read everything you posted. So, how do other games that have that sort of system deal with those problems then?

Don't know, don't care.

Perhaps P2P maps and Quests would be the best way to go, Would they be able to be run on the same server? There wouldn't have to be any new items persay... If there were to be some new items would any sort of modification to the charecter info that allowed the server to differentiate between P2P players to equip ranged weapons or special items, and that only allowed F2P players have the items and not use be able to use them be possible? ... Also there could be new monsters and maybe less crowded more resourceful mines in the P2P maps, again that only charecters who have there information modified to allow the server to know that they are P2P players could get into while also allowing them to equip the weapons and other such items that only P2P players would be allowed to equipe. The F2P players could hold the weapons and/or put them into storage but would not actualy be allowed to use them. Is this at all possible?

Regards

NeoSeS