Which option would you like best?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which option would you like best?

• Independent P2P
    • Ingame items
    • Ingame items, stats increase, perks
    • P2P areas
    • P2P quests

As you all know, we would like to live off this game, and be able to work at it full time. This is good for us, and good for the community, since we can add more quests, more items, etc. at a faster and more reliable rate.

Basically, we have the following options:

1. Offer an independent P2P version, which will be on a separate server, and will have more items, quests, monsters, etc.

2. Sell ingame items for real money.

3. Sell ingame items and attributes/perks for real money (atributes/perks would cost a lot)

4. Offer some P2P areas (maps) but on the same server with the free version.

5. Offer some P2P quests (same server)

3. Sell ingame items and attributes/perks for real money (atributes/perks would cost a lot)

I like ALL ideas exept this one..I mean ya it would cost alot but who's to stop a rich kid with his mom's credit card and his mom doesn't care :P (Hey! They could be the new hera)

And if you can offer P2P stuff on free server why not combine them on one whole server? Sure it would take a bit more programming....or alot (like not allowing P2P items in f2p...that might be kinda boring though never thought of the effects) Or...you could just allow p2p items in f2p but not aloud to trade with p2p items with f2p people...Ok this sounds nearly impossible (hope ya got my point)

If there's one thing that drives me CRAZY...it's "Oh I can go on this map but you cant so you wait out here l0Z3r..."

Ok so that never happens, but i know that would KILL ME...same with buying items...I say independent servers...if you wanna chat with a friend who only plays for free, a LOT of people like having alternate characters, so i.e. "Tumaros" could be the p2p forkster, and "Grallen" or "Zak" or "Tumaros_Treesoar" or "Amuntes" or "Monore" or "Slaytette" could be your alternate on the free server...

Just my sixpence...

If I can tell something I agree with everything exempt selling stats and perks.

Also I suggested several times some kind of special class of goodies, for example

buying youself paid race or changes in your apperance, or houses that will be useful

like in games like Tibia. Store bots was good idea also, some kind of items like pink cape

that will do same like excavator cape but it will be pink (sic!).

Regards.

1. sounds good but is it practical? would enof peep play to make up the cost of 2 servers?

2. I like the idea but it should have some catch like its non tradeable

3. Attributs/perks good idea -- so long as theres a cap like they can only buy 5 phy 5 coor 5 ect... so theres no ubers strong rich kids

4. <_< meh i wanna see new maps....still good idea would get some money imo

5. the quest would have to give Extraly good rewards...

overall i agree with figth and goat-boy :P

Instead of the swords you could've started to sell those enriched essences and make 2 npc's one that fails a lot and takes just one and the sword but you'd only loose the essence and one that takes more like 6-10 depending on the sword and doesn't fail at all. Personally think a lot more ppl would've been capable to buy those essences instead of the actual sword since ppl think if they buy like 3 of those essences they get the sword, well some do but not everyone and ppl would actually make more of those swords for themselves since basically the essences are cheaper than the actual sword so eventually you'd end up making more money from the essences than you would from the swords. I can say most players try to make the best sword for themselves at that failing NPC which would take a lot of those essences but they think 'I'm feeling lucky', its a part of human nature you know, we try to get everything for as cheap as possible despite it could take more than it would take if you had done it good. Ever thought of why Ikea sells so much? Its really cheap and the items break pretty easily, when a guy buys like a sofa for 500 euros from a real shop and then another guy buys a sofa for 200 euros from Ikea he buys the same sofa for 500 euros 5 years later and the guy that bought the 500 euro sofa right away has the sofa still after 5 years and has saved those 200 euros but there arn't too much of those guys. Basically the same thing goes here, first they buy like 3-6 enriched essences and try to make the best sword and they realise it didn't work so they want the sword and buy those 10 essences and have totally bought 13-15 essences which equals more money to you. Its not like its scamming or anything, its merely taking advantage of one of the well known facts 'bout human nature.

teh banned 0n3na: "some kind of items like pink cape"
Its a well known fact that i have for ent that i have reserved the pink cloak as my pimpin' cloak :D :D :)

Guest Pandemonia

If you offer a new server for p2p then you can make it as different as you like, it makes no difference to the free server. If, however, you add benefits for p2p players on the free server there will be implications on game balance.

2. Sell ingame items for real money.

No, this would have a negative effect on free players.

This is worse than 2.

4. Offer some P2P areas (maps) but on the same server with the free version.

Not keen on this idea either. It would be ok provided there are no unique features that the free players cannot access. However, you could have a map where things are more conveniently arranged, for example, imagine the crystal caves with a storage facility and an inn.

5. Offer some P2P quests (same server)

I have no problem with this, again provided that this is simply another way to gain items that are otherwise freely available.

If you offer a separate server, you might want to provide means to allow players to migrate a character from the free server.

I like 2, 4 and 5. Im sTrOnGlY against nr.3 because i saw things like that ruin some games before. i personally would stop playing el in a second if this happened. The ritch kids would have too big of an advantage, like in the rl and it would not be fun anymore. Im not all that excited about nr.1 also, because it would split people apart. I would definetly miss all the clueless n00bs cos they are funny =)

My suggestion: Make a new world on the same server, so they have united chat and p2p players can come to the old world easily but non p2p cant go to the new maps. This new world being totally independent and selfsufficient, maybe with more spawns, new monsters, new NPC quests, new things to do (cut wood, make houses like it was mentioned a while ago, maybe able to use new weapons only there, new minerals only there......) and on and on.. I would gladly pay for something like this

(umm lol i guess i described nr.4 , so ill vote that one =)

I don't thing, what different maps or servers for paid members are good. What an interest to play the game, when where are only few other peoples in the same time there? Anyway, new interesting quests, new perks, what you could buy for real money, but their don't give you big advantage playing the game, or simply new good things or artefacts, what can help you manufacturing, summoning or something like this, would be very nice. :-) Anyway, it is only my humble opinion.

I think shasso's idea is excellent. Its true two different severs would split up the community, and being able to visit the 'free' world and buy stuff etc is great.

Also, it would probably help newcomers to stay, as they see there is a large community (even tho most of them are paying :) )

The vote seems to be heavily in favor of option 1, but Entropy's description of item 1 is P2P on a DIFFERENT server, the comments suggest that some people don't understand what that means.

When we were testing the new server, for instance, many of us were maintaining our players on the old server, working feverishly to build XP in preparation for the transfer to the new server, and at the same time running a character on the TEST SERVER (port 2001) to help debug the system, and learn what the new sytem entailed: At NO time could the characters on one server see the characters on the other server, even though they were walking in the same areas of the same maps!

A total isolation of the two versions!

I think that option 1 would dilute the community and split friendships - many just can't afford the P2P version, even if the fee is small by most free world standards. I am NOT opposed to selling a few items and a limited number of perks,attributes and nexuses for real-world money, as long as it doesn't upset the balance of the game economy or provide large benefits/advantages in any skill area.

I support all except item 1, but cannot vote for more than one, so the whole poll is slanted to the separate-server option, although I don't think the majority really wants it that way! If you take 2 thru 5 and add them together (in vote count) you will see that the majority want to see the free and P2P integrated on the SAME server.

For example - you can buy quest, after compleating it you have artefact (something like sigil, which you can't trade to others), which increases your manufacture skill by 10, or gives +5 human nexus, or increases Will atribute by 10 - nevermind. IMHO, it would be very good to have something sigil-like as "manufacture master", "defender" - gives adittional exp or level or just more little probability to fail - witch you can buy.

how about making a quest or two in F2P, that can get you an item from P2P?

you could say only be allowed to do the quest once and it would encourage people to participate,. the P2P item could be random as well, people may get a good item and say 'wow! this weapon/armor racks! i think i'll subscribe to the P2P version if they're all this good!' and if they don't, they have another quest under their belt.

i don't see any problems with idea but if anyone does, please tell me. i can't afford the P2P version on a student's wages and it'd be really kewl to see even one P2P item in my greasy little fingers :)

I think u made a though decision witht the F2P and P2P action...

ull need ALOT of P2P'ers to pay both servers... but personally i dont like the idea to be on a more quite server cause i pay...

there SHOULD be a way to be sure a char that pays can have these advantages ON THE SAME server...

im not sure if im gonna pay for this game when ill be stuck with 50 players all over the world instead of 100 out of my timezone :)

I always hoped some day that there would be another continent with diffrent monsters and quests and such, I had always thought that there would be both a f2p and p2p version as well. I would love to see it where the first continent was f2p and there was a way to sail to the new continent but only players with p2p status could get to any of the other islands or continents.... As a guild leader I know some of my members would definetly get the p2p versions as I will when it comes out, but others will not for what ever reason....

I don't like the idea of a totaly seperate server... that would mean losing a lot of what we have all worked so hard to acheive and create in the game thus far and we would also be losing a lot of our friends that we have made in the game so far. P2P would be wonderful either with p2p maps and quest or as I said with a whole new continent that would be connected off of the main F2P continent that only P2P players would be allowed to go to.

Also Items such as ranged weapons could only be used by P2P users. I don't know anything about programing or codeing, I don't know how dificult it would be to create a world such as I described, but I don't think creating an *Eternal Lands 2* so to speak for P2P users only is a good answer. Some people like myself might think why do the p2p version if I'm going to lose all my friends from the F2P version....

My 2 cents

NeoSeS

A little off topic..but the subject does kinda fit.....

One bad thing about the EL server is that it cannot be like games like RS where if one server is full you just pick another server to go on for the day. And you can tell your friend in the other server to come join you in the server you're in because you can't get on the other one. You have your character & all it's stats/itemes/etc.

For EL it would NOT be that way. If we get a ton of players on this server, we'd eventually need another server. So guess what...on that new server if you went on it it'd be like starting EL all over again, there is no character "cross over", you'd have to make a new character, etc, etc.. So if you have your character all nice and lvl'd up with all your items on the original server, and your friend wants to join, well he'd have to go to the OTHER server, and the only way you'd get to talk to him is if you join that server too..without your character that you worked on.

I don't care if entropy has to spend a YEAR to make this work, I think it would be worth it to make the servers "share" the characters.

I like 2,4, & 5 and I think that 3 (items & stats) would destroy the game because raised stats make people too powerful & you can't lose them while a purchased item some might get from you as a drop in a PK area.

numero uno is the one that makes the most sense, if you have p2p on the free server ppl are gonna be asshole and brag, and ppl are gonna be bitches and complain, same thing with buying items/abilities

and flexo i asked for a pink cape before you were even born!!

A little off topic..but the subject does kinda fit.....

One bad thing about the EL server is that it cannot be like games like RS where if one server is full you just pick another server to go on for the day. And you can tell your friend in the other server to come join you in the server you're in because you can't get on the other one. You have your character & all it's stats/itemes/etc.

For EL it would NOT be that way. If we get a ton of players on this server, we'd eventually need another server. So guess what...on that new server if you went on it it'd be like starting EL all over again, there is no character "cross over", you'd have to make a new character, etc, etc.. So if you have your character all nice and lvl'd up with all your items on the original server, and your friend wants to join, well he'd have to go to the OTHER server, and the only way you'd get to talk to him is if you join that server too..without your character that you worked on.

I don't care if entropy has to spend a YEAR to make this work, I think it would be worth it to make the servers "share" the characters.

Well, cant it be done the way you use the backup chars when the servers are down? I suck at comps and such, but would it be possble to have it like this:

When you log out and "save" your char (like when server crashes there are backups) it makes a backup on a server (lets call it "backup server" and the servers we play on "worlds"), when you log on next time you load your "save" from that backup server no matter what "world" you log on to. That way you could log between "worlds"... i think...

This is prolly impossible or easier to implement in another way but.. hey! Cant hurt to suggest thingies.