Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  

ideas

1.a map on the site that tells u where shops in major cities like whitestone.

2.running, but with a limit. for example, the more u run, u would lose stamina, and u would need to sit to get stamina back. u could also use it up when fighting. If u have no stamina and u could still fight, but u wouldnt get exp.

3.sleeping and renting at inns to get stamina back

4.attack confirmation, more then one button or mouse click to make it so ppl cant accidently click on stuff.

5.faster walking speed.

6.a save password function.

7.mithril and adaminite.

8.weapons and armor that r special to humans, elves, or dwarves

9.campfires. if u build one and sleep by it, u would get stamina back faster. it would only work on night.

10.a function to tell some1 how strong a monster is compared them.

11.A city for humans, elves, and dwarves that only people who r that race can enter. with extremly beautiful architecture and music with that race's theme.

12.A special area or city that players can only enter if they've accomplished some non combat goal or goals. with awesome architecture like small waterfalls cascading in foam that sparkles like diamonds, or trees with silver and gold leaves. And music and other stuff that u could do in there.

Also, what parts r already planned?

13.Seasons, and certain areas like the desert have a short winter.

14.Cityguards, and have random attacks on cities by monsters and/or player characters who r an evil race. Evil players and monsters fighting side by side attacking a city. Players and monsters who r able to overturn stalls, break into houses, smash stuff and steal stuff, and kill shop NPCs. If a shop NPC is killed, they should come back real life 5 min. or even a real life hour later.

15.fishing.

16.gold, silver, and platinum armor.

17.poisoned arrows, and barbed arrows. With barbed, they do damage when u remove them.

Most of these idea are great. I think Seasons is a great idea, as well as more weather conditions besides just rain.

The Problem with gold, silver, and platinum armor is that all three are very solf metal. They would look nice but give you very little protective value.

Poisoned arrows is good but I afraid barbed arrows can't work quite like you suggested. You wouldn't normally remove a Arrow until after the battle is over, at which time your opponent is usually dead already. Against NPCs, it wouldn't have much use but maybe against other Players who manage to escape battle it might work.

Other then that, your ideas are great.

The Problem with gold, silver, and platinum armor is that all three are very solf metal. They would look nice but give you very little protective value.

Make the armor decorated with Gold, Silver, and/or Platinum. That way you can can a fancy outfit for parties!

Be able to drink alchohol! (Wine gives more than Ale, Mead gives least)

Gives you several bonus and negatives. (Temperary)

+ To Physique

+ To Attack

- To Coordination

- To Magic

- To Manufacture

So basically, not unlike warriors of olde, you get greased up before a major battle or facing larger enemies. Also great social occasion and roleplay features.. a puddle under the drunken Sanders after a few Ales..

(Able to pass out after too much alchohol)

(Dwarfs can hold more drink, but it has a lesser effect)

(Moniterable blood alchohol level)

(HABIT FORMING?)

The habbit forming reminds me of Fallout :cry:

The seasons, hmm, that's kind of hard. But there will be some cold (snow) maps on the new continent, only that they will be available in the paid version.

hmmm this just looks like he's grabbed ideas from other games. i.e runescape,diablo2,neverwinter nights

but i gotta admit some are good(i wouldnt mind seeing shiny blue mithril in el :D )

Some r based on other games, but stamina is generic. alot of games have stamina. about the non combat goal and the certain area, all of the games that have a special area that only certain players can get into, always have something to do with combat, the requirment for this one would be a hard non combat goal. Even if ur opponent is dead, u can still get hurt and even die from removing the barbed arrows. u would need to go to some1 who could remove them.

Make it so when it's winter, ppl can get hurt from the cold. somewhere on the site it says that gloves could be used to protect ppl against cold weather. If you dont have warm enough clothes, u could lose health and maybe get negative stats. if u had a campfire, u wouldnt lose health in the cold.

One of the main reasons y i suggested all of these ideas is so ppl can enjoy stuff in games that u have to pay for in a free game. A cool part of this game is u can enjoy harvesting for free and making magical stuff for free, but in Asheron's Call u have to pay for it. I came up with these suggestions based on the fact that every1 will be able to enjoy them.

The reason y i suggested a special area with a non combat hard accomplishment thats required to get in is so ppl can have goals other then getting the best weapon, armor, and the most money like in other games.

i already suggested area which require nexuses (which you get from quests) to reach certain areas. There could be a jungle which requires so many animal and vegetal. Human allows access to a huge city spanning an entire map. You get the idea.

You need to use some combat to get nexuses. To get into the area, u would need to accomplish a pure non combat goal. There need to more goals besides just combat goals.

people be realistic with stuff....it's code after all not real life....oh and in addition all this stuff is gonna be in the final game..or mucho...but also patience....i think the first few things i would like to be seen done in order of priority is

1) finish maps

2)get rid of 'slow down'

3)bring in new animals

4) update the website

5) new quests