Eternal Lands Official Forums
Cicero

If You Want To Have A Bot

You know...I dont' think the Nelson bot likes me...

It always use to laugh at me and what not...but now it just says You will get tired of this before I do chatterbug89! and it dosen't count my deaths anymore, nor anounces me in channnel 666....I diden't quit or get of a guild...so i wonder why it is doing that...

I wonder if it has somethign to do when I was repeatly going back and fourth trying to get my death count way up... :(

I'm currently working on a gambling bot, that'll let the players interact in multiplayer gambles, using dices, card games etc. (Yiha, strip poker ;-))

It will be a non-profit bot and only allow gambling about items such as flowers and vegetables (at least in the beginning - I don't want items to be lost due to a bug ;-))

The bot is called "Gambler", and is in it's early stages of it's development :-)

It's OK to use non paid bots for guild storage, and maybe even selling stuff. But if you pay 100 USD, you can get 10K EMU on your bot, plus a reserved spot where you want (no other bots allowed in it's proximity).

Oh, and free bots should NOT be near storages. If I see free bots near storages, I will be teh m4d.

lol well guess ill post again, JoseCuervo is my bot. hes registered as an offical one and hell be at the well north of beam (since ent removed the one west of it -.-'). lata :D

Linux - My and Learner's merchant, VOTD market.

Charon - Underworld's ferryman.

Both accepted by Entropy.

EDIT: If someone, so 31337, will find a bug in any of these programs be that SMEGING honourable

to report it to me instead of SCAMMING and spreading exploitation to everyone. Especially I am talking

about Charon who is here for the community not for my dang profit. Otherwise you are SMEGING

MORON and you shouldn't play social games. And the people who did nasty things knows what I am

talking about and I know them, so I am expecting apology because I AM NOW VERY ANGRY AND SAD,

especially that using macros is illegal, so according to game rules I can get your ass banned!

Excuse me my language.

Regards.

The_Ant has been renamed to Ant_Queen to better reflect her real function since the name had not been taken since the crash.

It is all my fault...I've created Ant_Queen...*cries hysterically and runs in panic*.

:-P

Regards.

I've started a bot called 'Merchanter', which is currently located in Portland [116,25] at the unused shipyard stand.

He sells items, and might in the future also buy items from other players to facilitate trading.

My bot is EternalBroker.

He should help to make trading much easier.

Dunno where he will be located, you dont need to see him. All he does is

communicating via PM.

You can give him orders to buy/sell items. He will, later, announce these orders

randomly on market channel. One order per hour should be enough, i think.

The announcements look like this:

[EternalBroker] Selling 1 leather helmet for 400 gold each. PM The_Piper for details.

And you can browse all orders he has got. And, if you have found what you have

been looking for, PM the player of that order and trade with him.

These orders will stay active for 3 days, then they will be deleted.

The bot understands the following commands:

#help, help, ?

- displays a help message

#commands

- displays a list of available commands

#orders

- displays all orders

#orders patt

- displays all orders where the item name contains the pattern patt.

- E.g: #orders iron

- shows all orders which include the 4 letters iron in the item name

#my_orders

- shows only your orders

#my_orders patt

- shows only your orders where the item name includes the pattern

#new_order action quantity price item

- creates a new order

- action = buy or sell

- quantity = how much items you are buying/selling

- price = the price in gold for exactly one item

- item = the name of the item

- E.g.: #new_order buy 1 100 Iron sword

- creates a new order to buy an iron sword for 100 gold coins

#delete nbr

- deletes order number nbr. Of course, it must be one of your orders

- E.g.: #delete 17

- deletes order 17 if its one of yours.

So, how does this bot make trading easier?

You dont need to hang around on market channel for hours.

You can simply give an order to the bot or browse his orders to find a player

which will sell/buy the item you wanna sell/buy and PM that player then.

So you can stay on your favorite channel and chat with your friends and check the

bots orders via PM or wait until another player pm's you.

The bot is working and sometimes online. He announces his orders actually at channel

#4711.

When he seems to be stable we will try to run him nearly 24/7 and he will announce

on market channel then.

So try to catch EternalBroker online and help me to test him ;-)

Edit: EternalBroker announces now on market channel every hour.

I've started a bot called 'Merchanter', which is currently located in Portland [116,25] at the unused shipyard stand.

He sells items, and might in the future also buy items from other players to facilitate trading.

it dont work!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay there is a bot named Abuser. It does nothing special it is test bot. Learner and me will probably

use it to test changes in Linux's and Charon's code before implementing it.

Regards.

I'm currently creating "Help" a food merchant & newbie help bot that will stay near the fire at beam or at Wraith, tries to answer PM's and buy/sell food.

Guest Zeplin

UTi, stands in CC, right now he just relays some messages from specific people.

Dont know if i can be bothered extending him.

I'm trying to create a guild bot for my guild.

It's going to be a storage bot for guild members, ie. all members will be able to exchange stuff via him. Maybe I'll add also some message passing later.

Anyway it's an early stage of development, based on EL client source code beacouse I don't want to screw network communication and harm the server.

It's using Chryzek character. It connects from time to time to check new lines of code. My character (Chryzopraz) and sometimes other members of PL guild may trade with him. The bot connects from the same IP as I do currently, but when I finish it I'm going to use different machine with different IP to make sure the bot is online when I need to shutdown my home computer :(

Anyway it's currently located in DP and appears for short times for testing only.

I don't have much time for developing, so I don't know when it'll start its own life.

Regards

Chryzopraz

Chatterbug you could make it so that it's like the other bots whom which you must pm and have a time limit that way. It would prevent others from finding out the answers and also you could have it keep track of which questions it has ask certain players so it would not ask the same question twice to the same player.

Ok yea I know sounds good on paper but getting it coded to work properly is another story altogether.

Oldfool *FT*

I'm trying to write a Library in Java for BotDevelopment

For that purpose i would like to use the account:

BotTest

My normal player account is :

albi

rgds

albi

Guest PavelP

I've just started writing a bot - his name is Ctrad.

Now he does nothing, in the future (maybe) he will be a trading bot.