Eternal Lands Official Forums
Cicero

If You Want To Have A Bot

Roja made this topic on the old forum.

If you have a bot in the game, declare it here, along with it's purpose, where it is, what it does, etc.

Official store bots do not have to post, as they've already been approved.

If you want to have an official bot, donate $100 and your bot will get +500 physique and co-ordination (much higher carrying capacity). "Enhanced" bots cannot be used for fighting. If you just want to be able to have a mini store, you can pay $20. Store bots must stay in their designated area. If you break the rules with a paid bot, you will lose it.

Bot Rules

--Bots that only talk are OK, as long as they don't spam local chat or a main channel

--The only bots that are allowed to buy and sell now are paid bots.

--Trade bots cannot be in range of any storage

--Bots that serve their master in a way such as muling are illegal (see the rules for multiplaying)

--Bots can not make items or harvest except for their own use

--Any other kind of bot must be explicitly approved

--All bots must be declared on this thread

Paid/Approved bots:

Quintus (VotD blacksmith shop)

Linux (VotD docks)

Nera (Portland apple worship spot)

Adarah (Grahm's village)

Quartermaster

I have two bots. Both are inside Carmien Manor. One is Smegolas, which runs the last release of ELBot. I also have Smegolas2, which I log on once in a while when I want to test some code for the development of ELBot.

Right now, Smegolas just greets people when they enter the room. I dont have him set up to do anything else right now, but his feature list is growing so in the future he'll be chatting more and possibly trading.

my bot is chatterbug89_V2. She is either at beam or int he secret place on IP...all she does is greet my guild members.

In the future I will have it be a game bot where it will play Who Wants to be a Millionare with people for prizes :P It will be the coolest bot ever :o

Erm, redknight is a chatbot, red_knight is a chatbot, in ______ :unsure:.

Also, the soldier_ant program COULD run, but there isn't really a point to running ant clones <_<

Ok, EDIT:

Now I have corpus and red_knight running my guard bot program, to work out bugs, and do simulations. Corpus should be the future CO guard bot

Edited by crusadingknight

I have a bot called "Lear" that will be at the northern gate of Portland.

He will sell various items including armor and weaponry and might announce his service in future via the market channel.

Okay, because there have been problems with the name of this bot and I don't want to annoy anybody, I will rename it to "Banquo".

Banquo now also can tell you fortunes, if you pm him "fortune" -- have fun ;-)

Learner, I hope my unlucky choice didn't bother you too much... :unsure:

My second bot, called Oblomov will sometimes be on auctioning things on a special channel. He might announce auctions on the market channel in future.

My Bot Blacketeer sells stuff for me in the VOTD near Molgor.

He announces his stuff at the market channel.

Edit: I relocated him outside the votd tavern to serve the customers with the "hellspawn" perk better ;P

What is a bot and how do I make one?

A bot is a program that connects to the EL server and operates (usually) automatically. It's like a stripped down version of the client that is specialized for your purposes.

You can make one by (and this is only my recommended course of action):

1) Get the client source code from the CVS.

2) Take a look at the source code and learn how to communicate with the server.

3) Break out your C skills and code yourself a bot.

How can I let a bot random walk without stopping because of an object ?

I managed to let a character walk, but not really random and constant, only to one direction or one pair of coordinates.

How can I let a bot random walk without stopping because of an object ?

I managed to let a character walk, but not really random and constant, only to one direction or one pair of coordinates.

I stole some of the pathfinder code from the client and used it for getting my bots to walk long distances. But for short distances (moving randomly) I do this:

direction=rand()%8

Then switch on direction such that

1 = north

2 = north east

3 = east

4 = south east

... etc

Then add 10 to my bot's current x and y, depending on the direction I want to walk them, and just send a MOVE_TO with those coords. If there's something in the way, or the coords are in on a unwalkable tile it just won't move. I run this random walking thing every few seconds, and off they go!

Next is to detect doors and signs and make the bot use them.

Then add on bag detection and start picking up bags.

Have it notice harvestable items and harvest.

Build up from there.

I see more Ants on the way ...

Just remember that you can't benefit from them and if other specific people benefit Entropy might decide to talk to you. The Ants only biases will be baised on the karma rating you have from PK and other things.

Just remember that you can't benefit from them

I think gaining knowledge and experience in programming by making one is a huge benefit. That has more value than having a bot doing things for your non-bot character.

OK...I have a question or two...

First off, I decided to have my first major C project be a bot for EL :o and I woudl like it to play a skimed down version of Who Wants to Be a Millionare. I just have a few concerns.

1. Can I have people pay like 50 gold coins to play. Most of the money will go torwards paying for the prizes and cash prizes.

2. I thoguht that the first 7 questions or so it will all go via PM...but if that person happens to go past 7 questions the game would continue in local chat and maybe a certain channel so people know that soemone is winning big with the bot. Does anyone have a problem with this?

3. My bot will rock :)

Oh, just to make things clear...it will ask random questions (there will be set grups of harder question) and the top prize will probaly be like 2k or some rare item. It will play just like who wants to be a millionare...you answere a questiona nd you can choose to go on...if you answere a question wrong you win nothing...but you can sotp at any question and claim your prize. Also...there will be a one play per week limit and probaly a 50 gold coin per play cost :(

Most of the money will go torwards paying for the prizes and cash prizes.

Only problem I see is that most of the money will go to prizes. Where's the rest going to go?

ps. I like this idea. Sounds cool. But you should have the questions and announcements happen in a channel so people can listen in any time. Too bad you can't make channel 1,000,000.

I should get some of the gold for my time for makign the code...LOL..but if it isen't allowed i'll make it all for the bot...at first most of the gold and prizes will be comming out of my own pocket anyways unless someoen donates :rolleyes:

Yeah...the thing is channel 1,000,000 is you can't win 1 million :o Unless iw as realy rich in the game...LOL.

What i was thinking is have it output local at a certain point and everythign will be outputed to a certain chanel...maybe channel 100? So as you said people will be able to see who is winnign and what, and so on.

Yeah...well it will probaly be a month or so untill it is done...I still have a lot more C to learn (it is reletively easy, but it will take time to acutally make the bot once i learn C some more...). The only problem is people cheating. First off, if there is no limit to answere the questions people could go ahead and look up the answere...so I will probaly give everyone a 30 secound time limit per question. The only other problem is that people may tune into that channel write down the answeres to all the questions and then try to win. OK, so I will have a ton of questions and try to change them all the time..but it wont' prevent cheators no matter what I do :(

Ohw ell...i will think of something...

Guest newton

Hi

My bot is Angsul and he is placed near "The Golden Apple" in Portland.

He anounces his items in the market channel.

I hae one fulltime bot, and 2 in development

Nelson : The hellbot, He laughs at folks leaving hell, and lets them know how many times he's seen them down there. He alos broadcasts deaths and deathcounts on hellchan (666)

he will also happily sing or dance for you if you pm him #sing or #dance.

Questor is a pc quest assistant bot in development.

Messagerunner is a messaging service bot, in development, he stores messages and watches the online lists to deliver them

All 3 use a mysql database to store their info.

[EDIT]

Add to this SEGV_Messenger and LNX_messenger, which are almost up and running now.

They use a multi char pragram and are to provide inter guild communications.

More with this type of name may emerge.

GDC_Messenger joins this group now.

[/EDIT]

Edited by the_antiroot

Questor is a pc quest assistant bot in development.

Messagerunner is a messaging service bot, in development, he stores messages and watches the online lists to deliver them

These two sound very GOOD. Especially Messagerunner - we know there's a need for it. Would you like to explain Questor in greater detail?

-Lyn-

I just started writing a bot - ingame name Nynda.

For now it just logs in, i'll think of stuff to add to it, but it will probably just be another chat bot.

What exactly "don't benefit from your bot" means. I mean i've seen trader bots and guild bots, their owners don't benefit from them ?

You can't benefit from not official bot (not paid one).

Regards.

but I tought at one time you were able to pay for a storage bot I am willing to pay $25/m usd if I have too.

just so know I'm from canada that would be about $30 cnd for it.

As far as I know it is one time fee - 100 USD, then your bot is official one and it also can carry 10k EMU.

Regards.