Eternal Lands Official Forums
Cicero

If You Want To Have A Bot

But I think that doesn't matter anyway, since your bot won't be allowed to interact with other players, what would be the problem if you play it yourself? There is nothing bad with it, you still won't be able to interact.

Good point :)

Let's continue this conversation in-game then :P

how do you go about making a bot and what software do you need to make them

Learn to program.

Alternatively, visit elbot.sourceforge.net

i have a bot called 'messengerboy' it can check who's online in the guild and can maintain a friends list. currently he is sitting in the votd secret room.

it is only a chat bot.

pm him with 'help' for the full commands list, as it will change as i add more fetures.

his main features are:

- he keeps a list of online members from a guild, this is a txt file on my computer. if you want your guild added to the bot pm me through these forums.

- there is a user modifyable "friends list" where you can add members to your personal list.

- you can retrieve combat stats, and skills for players.

future enhancements:

- the ability to send messages to offline players, and notify them when they are online.

- i will take mesures to reduce possible spam. i'll add a register, and may require users to register to reduce spam.

:D Finally, my bot is up and running for testing. All programming gratz go to Belton, as I've simply been too busy and too newb to get it all done on me own.

B) The bot's name is ELMarket, and it should be in Nordcarn, by the fruit on the bench in town. (Unless I take it to storage, or something)

EDIT: Woops, maybe I should state that ELMarket is a vendor bot, buying and selling, etc. (I did pay for me store) :)

Edited by The_Pale_Elf

OK I just did a Paypal transaction to authorize my storebot Salt.

Salt will hopefully be open for business soon buying and selling various items. Her prices will adjust depending on availability and demand. She responds to several commands - just send her a "help" message.

I would like to locate her in Desert Pines at 346, 331 near the docks if that's OK.

Forgot to add MadameYes was authorized and is near Desert Pines storage by the gypsy hut:

For Help:

/MadameYes help

For Inventory:

/MadameYes inv

For Wanted Items:

/MadameYes wanted

To Sell:

<click trade with her>

Place item in trade box, if she wants it she'll place the proper gc in her trade box and wait for you to check your box.

To Buy:

/MadameYes buy 1 pickaxe

Guest Gentleman

I've created a bot called Rathie, it just talks to me to stop me being lonely!

I will develop it into a guild storage/trading bot, but for now - it only talks to me.

It's in the ruined village in the Forest of the fall.

This seems within the bot guidelines, I'm not going to use it to advance my own character unfairly.

Guest Theben

NannyOgg

- Port of k.Bot (an GPL PHP-IRC-Bot) to el

- Only a message bot, with the same modules availible, as for k.Bot

- You can PM NannyOgg for further information (/NannyOgg !info) (sry, but mostly german)

- She sits in the SCO. guild house

Some more information:

- k.Bot 3.2 (german)

- port to eternal lands (german)

Edited by Theben

Guest king mage 85

need this answered asap. if i were to program a guild bot to buy only from our guild and sell only to other listed guilds in its programming would that be a free bot or would i have to register and pay?

Bot name Thrax

Purpose - future guild messaging system when it is finished

Location - north of the lakeside village docs at the edge of the map so that he is out of the way of everyone

~C

Just a question if i wanted to have a bot that didn't sell or buy, sat in one spot mostly, but gave away food and flowers, self harvests(possibility) and would have a whitelist/blacklist for users. It would be a union bot serving many people. Would it be legal without paying the 20 USD ?

Edited by Daejin

Just a question if i wanted to have a bot that didn't sell or buy, sat in one spot mostly, but gave away food and flowers, self harvests(possibility) and would have a whitelist/blacklist for users. It would be a union bot serving many people. Would it be legal without paying the 20 USD ?

No, this kind of bot is not allowed at all, since it is a mule.

I am developing a bot , the account name is gronk, presently I am still figuring out how to get him to log in , so he does not have a location at the moment, he is intended to be be a messaging bot initially.

I have a second character named LinkII (my name is Ogle)

Is it allowed to have them both on at the same time if theyare not doing the same thing or meeting

LinkII does not help Ogle and vice versa

HelpBot

Will Answer "basic" Newbie Questions on Channel 1, Local, and PM's eventully heal hurt people give away fruits and leather armor

White Stone Docks

Its in Development and i will be working on it not too much soo =P

EDIT:is it ok to have it heal because it could level in magic what would be against the rules but it would be helping people...

So Please state if its ok if not i would let it heal people =P

Edited by Rebel

HelpBot

Will Answer "basic" Newbie Questions on Channel 1, Local, and PM's eventully heal hurt people give away fruits and leather armor

White Stone Docks

Its in Development and i will be working on it not too much soo =P

EDIT:is it ok to have it heal because it could level in magic what would be against the rules but it would be helping people...

So Please state if its ok if not i would let it heal people =P

Read the revised rules for bots, you must have Entropy's approval for a bot that autolevels.