Eternal Lands Official Forums
Cicero

If You Want To Have A Bot

I have read the last few posts....and am a bit confused. Is the new rule that NO bots are allowed at all, unless paid for? Or are Guild bots still okay?

And if they are ok do they have to be a member of the guild?

Edited by Garrin

I'm playing with making a bot who may not be anything more than experimental. her name is Beijou. If i get to the point I want to do more with her I'll upgrade her. She'll be in Norcarn for the time being.

Edited by Arby

Bot Rules

--Bots that only talk are OK, as long as they don't spam local chat or a main channel

i would like to get our bot approved

Name: EternalBroker

Guild: EternalGuardians, EG

Location: was IP, new: IP if possible, but doesn't really matter

Occupation: trading AGENT, ppl pm him their buying selling orders and look for orders of other players

why he should be approved:

he never trades himself, nor does the guild benefit from him.

he announces only 1 order on market channel at a time, and only 2 orders per hour.

(that is IF he can get approved like this)

once again, he is there to serve the comunity. he does not trade nor does he make money in anyway. the sole purpose is providing a platform for Ppl to find trading partners.

thnx for your considerations, any answers will be appreciated, preferably positive ones

as i didn't get a response yet, i take the first rule of the original post by cicero literally and will asume our bot EternalBroker is NOT against the rules, since he only acts verbally and doesn't trade or help me personally or my guild EG anymore than everybody else :blink:

if you do NOT want him around please say so, thnx :P

Guest dj12230

I just created a bot called IceFiend on the test server. I'm just using him to see what I can do with a bot. He will probably be mostly just a bot that walks around the land, maybe doing different stuff like picking up bags or something (for his own use only).

"DrWeizenbaum" is the Eternal-Lands psychotherapist bot, she will be sitting inside the SCO mansion in Lakeside counselling those in need.

Thanks to waldi0 who wrote the nifty elisp-to-eternallandsclient source ;)

Edited by iostr

Hi,

Quartermaster is debugged, up and running. Since he is GarD'S bot we wish him to have the GarD tag. To join him he needs a level of 20. Can he harvest and drop (No profit will be made, I promise) for the levels needed?

I do not want to do anything illegal.

V/R Sandcastle

EternalTrivia is the bot im actually working on.

He will play some games on channel 124, so try to catch him online and have fun.

The commands of the bot are (you must type them in channel, not PM him):

#commands - shows a list of available commands

#score - shows your score

#highscore - shows the top 5 players

#categories - shows all categories the bot knows

#more xxx - forces the bot to pick more questions from category xxx

#hint - gives a little hint. This works only after the 20 seconds warning

The bot has now an anti spam feature. Meaning, if no one is playing with him, he is going to bed and shuts up.

To wake him up, simply talk to channel, then he starts again.

Piper

Edited by The_Piper

Bot name : Gelydh

Purpose : Having fun coding it. See what it can achieve by itself.

Actions : uses any skill in the game trying to level up (Attack animals & monsters, Harvest, Alchemy, ...., Crafting). Walks (not randomly, to points of interest it knows). Picks up bags. Uses storage. Sells to merchants and buy from them. Studies books. Gets perks, attributes, nexuses.

Does not : talk (or maybe just a reply to tell it is a bot), trade, attack players, join a guild.

About the sell/buy to/from merchants : I saw that line in the Bots Rules :

--The only bots that are allowed to buy and sell now are paid bots.

Does that apply to merchants or only other players ? If that also applies to merchants, the bot will have a hard time (the only way to get a Needle would be to find one in a bag for example), but I would still do it.

Thanks to anyone that can answer that part.

Bot name: beltonbot

Purpose: Login bot for a website - sends registration URL by PM (not working yet)

Location: Will hide somewhere in votd (SE corner seems pretty vacant to me)

Actions: Responds only to PM, with an automated message. It gives a registeration url to a website, allowing EL characters (and only them) to register under their EL name.

Based on elbot-0.2

My character Michelle_F (edited - was Greg_F see below)

I sort of want to use the character as a bot occasionally, while I am testing.. Mainly it will be me in control, but I will log him in as gREG_f while it is a bot. It won't do much, just wander around whichever map I am on, no doors or anything similar.. just logging co-ordinates if I can figure out how for inclusion into the new map.txt feature. It is based on elbot, so it can tell the usual stories..

On a kinda offtopic note, the story of Grim says that he is claustrophobic, and now you have him in a confined area.. was he a bad boy?

Mainly, as I said, I will be in charge of the character, I am trying to get to the top 50 in, well, pretty much anything.. it's looking like alchemy is my best option :P

Update: I gave the Greg_F character away to player Danniella, anything with the char now is down to her :huh:

New update: I have created a new char, called 'pigeon', to temporarily take the place of the sorely missed Nelson (wherever he is).. the code will exit if Nelson comes on, no point having 2 watchers online..

Edited by ArmageddonQ

Well... I am starting a bot, just for fun and C learning... for now he is in north of IP, and his name is Birk, and he just talk...

Tuxedo's (my bot which was declared in this thread earlier) location and purpose has changed a bit...

the bot is sitting near DP harbor, between general store building and a tree (shouldn't be on anyones way in there :D )... now it memorizes guilds of people who walk by

Edited by Astrocreep

I'd like to list: MadameYes as a bot. I intend on registering with $100.

Minion of GarD

i've written a chat bot called "deadface", it's a chat bot.

it has a fiew features.

guild - displays members of the lnx guild, and will expand this for other guilds.

stats PLAYER - displays combat statistics about a player

skills PLAYER - displays all skills about a player.

with more chat commands being added later.

it's purpose is mainly writting a bot in java, it's based on jelc.

The Magic School is empty so i will add a bot called HuguesDePayens (Templar Grandmaster).

I will give him Harvest Skill >20 so he can join my guild.

If you pm him he will tell you some interesting information about the Knights Templar.

Perhaps i have some other ideas for the bot

---

edit (2005-02-10)

He is located in the library of the magic school

Commands

#help - show help

#version - shows version information

#sysinfo - shows sysinfo of the bot's host

#heise_de - querys the heise RSS newsfeed (german)

#heise_en - querys the heise RSS newsfeed (english)

#heisec - querys the heise security RSS newsfeed (german)

added (2005-02-11)

#bbc - BBC News (english)

#cnn - CNN News (english)

#n24 - N24 News (german)

type /HuguesDePayens <command> to query the bot

Edited by DrMabuse

I'll be making a bot named Necrobot soon

in the beginning I will just use him to explore my own knowledge and hopefully learn a few more things about C++ (yeah, I'll be coding him in C++, not C :unsure:)

Later on I hope to use him for guild related stuff, things like:

- Respond to certain things on the guild channel

- Announce the end of an ingame hour

- Announce when a guildmember comes online (goes offline)

- Implement a messaging system somewhat like an answering machine

- Display random phrases now and then (using #GM) like warnings about Lava and other useless stuff

He'll probably do some harving too to get some exp

things he wont be doing are:

- fighting players (i may let him attack the occasional rabbit)

- muling for other players

- harving for other players

- trading with other players (except maybe for when i want to give him cool fur outfits :P)

- basicly doing things that would give other players or guild members ANY kind of advantage

you get the idea :)

Edited by necroman

Bot name : Gelydh

Purpose : Having fun coding it. See what it can achieve by itself.

Actions : uses any skill in the game trying to level up (Attack animals & monsters, Harvest, Alchemy, ...., Crafting). Walks (not randomly, to points of interest it knows). Picks up bags. Uses storage. Sells to merchants and buy from them. Studies books. Gets perks, attributes, nexuses.

Does not : talk (or maybe just a reply to tell it is a bot), trade, attack players, join a guild.

Does that apply to merchants or only other players ? If that also applies to merchants, the bot will have a hard time (the only way to get a Needle would be to find one in a bag for example), but I would still do it.

Thanks to anyone that can answer that part.

I can post some links that say that non-paid bots are not allowed to attack alchemy, manufacture, and craft if you want... In other words, I don't think your bot will be allowed...

Your bot doesn't interact with other players at all, so I don't think these rules apply here.

Edited by Lachesis

Your bot doesn't interact with other players at all, so I don't think these rules apply here.

I thought so. In the spirit of the rules, my bot is independant, doesn't affect the economy as it doesn't trade / sell / buy to players.

Then, this bot is a very selfish achievment : it will only benefit me (as a programmer, not as a player) and not the community. If it turns out it works well, I will never release the source, otherwise we'll see tons of bots wandering...

The worst is, how can a mod be sure that I will never use the bot once it has high levels ? It is the only thing that could make it unallowed I think, even though I don't want to use it that way.

It seems mods / devs have not the time to think about all these bots problems (and I understand that very well), which is why I find very different things reagarding bot rules on different threads.

Anyway, right now the test server is ok for me. If I ever want to put it on the real server (like, when it works), I'll try to ask a mod in-game.

Thanks Hammen and Lachesis for trying to answer :D

Guest aggy

how do you go about making a bot and what software do you need to make them

Edited by aggy

The worst is, how can a mod be sure that I will never use the bot once it has high levels ? It is the only thing that could make it unallowed I think, even though I don't want to use it that way.

They can't. But I think that doesn't matter anyway, since your bot won't be allowed to interact with other players, what would be the problem if you play it yourself? There is nothing bad with it, you still won't be able to interact.

In addition, I looked through the rules again, and manu./alch./pot. is allowed for the bots own use. So as long as you do not drop bags with high-level-items or coins, nobody should beat you for doing manu, alch. or pot.

Btw: your goal seems to be interesting, I've been wondering to make such a bot myself, since it involves a lot of interesting problems. Would be nice if we could work on it together :D

With kind regards

Lachesis