Eternal Lands Official Forums
Cicero

If You Want To Have A Bot

3) Break out your C skills and code yourself a bot.

What program if any is available for those of us who dont know C?

Java. Visual Barf Basic. Python. Perl...

python is good at start, but when u start program with python i reckon u will have problems with languages like C/C++ and Java, because it's someting very very else.

ok, now he's moved to the VOTD veggies patch

[edit]

he took hellspawn, so he's now back at beam =)

[edit]

MoonShadow told me that I can't have bot on IP without admin permission, so he's now in VOTD near wolves

Edited by (Athosino)

Athosino you said your bot was based on Bongo's code. Is there any way you (Or anyone else) can post a copy of it? Or email it to me? I think I could make it work if I changed a few things.

Athosino you said your bot was based on Bongo's code. Is there any way you (Or anyone else) can post a copy of it? Or email it to me? I think I could make it work if I changed a few things.

no

[edit]

1) do u know C?

2) can u make it randomly choose one item on channel and tell it's price?

Edited by (Athosino)

i am currently trying to code a bot in java. it's called Yave, doesn't do anything sensible, and i am actually not sure if that will really change :)

just felt i should announce it before i get banned for connecting to several accounts from the same ip.. B)

Foxie - a bot. It's currenlty under development. Based on Bongo's code.

EDIT:This bot is no longer a trade bot, so I don't suppose you will see it often. We have no idea what can be done with Foxie, so probably she will be deleted.

Edited by Catz

Guest ukmaster

hello i would like to add my bot its called bottrader and its a buy/sell bot

i would like to put it at beam if i can because the main thing it will be selling it body rest and the beam is great place or i would like to put it in votd outside the flower shop. the bot was made using bongos code. please reply as soon as possible

Thankyou for you time

hello i would like to add my bot its called bottrader and its a buy/sell bot

i would like to put it at beam if i can because the main thing it will be selling it body rest and the beam is great place or i would like to put it in votd outside the flower shop. the bot was made using bongos code. please reply as soon as possible

Thankyou for you time

No, bots aren't allowed near storages.

Well i made a character named Foxie, she is a friend of Trik so she is shareing buisnes with him. Buing/selling some animal stuff. She is based on Bongos code, but i will edit this code couse it needs some major fixes. She doesnt advertise on local chat and on mc.

I hope some players will trade with her, couse cash that she is collecting will be donated for contests that NH are making.

Edited by obionek

Ugh. Read the first post of this thread again. There are way too many of these new trade bots. From now on, only paid bots are allowed, all others will be banned.

Ugh. Read the first post of this thread again. There are way too many of these new trade bots. From now on, only paid bots are allowed, all others will be banned.

so all new trade bots are "not allowed" or only mine?

Guest fedu

I have a char acter named fedu

And have a bot, he is a helper bot named GnuFedu

I wanted to use him for guild activity as well as story telling, role-playing and help.

I wanted to refresh my C skills.

I hope I'm not to late and when I started this post, the message about no more trade bots wasn't here but then I had an el session with my bud over the last 6 hrs.

Happy Gaming

Chris

This rule is for ALL trade bots - new as well as old. They need to be approved and you need to pay 20 or 100$ to have one now.

This rule is for ALL trade bots - new as well as old. They need to be approved and you need to pay 20 or 100$ to have one now.

if that so which bot actual pay for anyway

if that so which bot actual pay for anyway

If you're asking which bots are already paid for, I posted the ones I could remember in the beginning of this thread.

i would like to get our bot approved :)

Name: EternalBroker

Guild: EternalGuardians, EG

Location: was IP, new: IP if possible, but doesn't really matter

Occupation: trading AGENT, ppl pm him their buying selling orders and look for orders of other players

why he should be approved:

he never trades himself, nor does the guild benefit from him.

he announces only 1 order on market channel at a time, and only 2 orders per hour.

(that is IF he can get approved like this)

once again, he is there to serve the comunity. he does not trade nor does he make money in anyway. the sole purpose is providing a platform for Ppl to find trading partners.

thnx for your considerations, any answers will be appreciated, preferably positive ones :(

Cicero,

GarD is testing a new bot Quartermaster to replace Banquo who is no longer online. Quartermaster is a paid for bot and for the moment is outside Portland storage. He is still in test phase and not open to the public. We may move him, but I need to know please how far from storage does he need to be in case we decide on Portland, or is it taken with Nera being there? Also I will announce here when he is up and running as a buy/sell bot.

For now just last night was the first time I have added afew flowers and ore to start testing buying from him. We still have to debug and work up the sell to him command. So other then posting when we get him working and double checking if location is ok is there anything else I need to do?

Just let me know and I will be happy to comply.

Very Respectfully ~~Sandcastle

Well, I'm not going to say that only one bot can be in Portland, but let's say that you shouldn't be able to see Quartermaster and Nera at the same time, nor be much closer to storage than Nera is. I think Ent said 15 steps away from storage before. Since Portland storage is indoors, pretty much anywhere is OK as long as you're not right outside the building.

Actually, Entropy said 30 steps.

For Portland, I'd say if they are at least 8-10 steps from the door, that should be good enough to prevent congestion. I do agree that you shouldn't be able to see more then one Bot when your zoomed all the way back on the standard Client.

Gentlemen,

I thank you for the quick response, I will move him away tonight and will post his final location as soon as we decide. I do appreciate it. Again, let me know if anything else is needed.

Very Respectfully Sandcastle

I have to say I couldn't be happier with the recent decision to limit bots to paying members. I'd also like to say that while I never actually used the bot's services, I do think that the EternalBroker bot seems to fit the 'criteria' I tried to outline in terms of bots and the spirit of the game. Seems a very selfless bot to me, and helps players to connect to do business directly rather than yet another lame, laughable sales bot. It's definitely the 'quietest' bot I've seen too...no public announces, announcements in only the market channel that are random and alternating, and they're very fairly spaced apart.

Truly, a paradigm for how a bot should be done to say the very least, and something the ebul Linux could learn a thing or two from. ;) In a perfect world, a few additional NPC's would eliminate Linux and it's ilk entirely, and a potential final NPC could be added in it's place that only bought/accepted items that could be used by mods/devs for those little impromptu quests we all like so much. I also liked the idea of having all bots in a single guild called BOT (the wise ChowRiit's idea iirc).

Regardless, thanks again for bringing this annoying matter back under sharp control.