Eternal Lands Official Forums
Cicero

If You Want To Have A Bot

Hi,

I also started to work on a java based bot under the account cinderella.

It's far from finished but in the future will be used as a guild bot for Brotherhood of Benelux (BoB)

We have the idea of making her official when i've tested the program.

I have some nice ideas about features i'd like to implement. But still have to figure out if they are managable in java.. I'll keep you posted.

Greets,

DaVinci

My bot will (hopefully) be known as "Tuxedo", as if i ever get my bot finished... its in development at the moment.

Purpose of this bot is to be a guild mascot or something, it will not sell anything or spam any chat channels.

--snip--

edit:

Tuxedo is now up & running, it sits at IP "secret cave".

It's purpose has been changed to a guild member list keeper, also it can tell you which guild members are online and when any guild member was last seen online (it monitors #gm's and compares its memberlist to players online page when someone asks whos online)

tux will not be online for 24/7 as it is not yet stable, bot code is written with python and it does not use any parts of elc (except client_serv.h ported to python :blink:)

Edited by Astrocreep

Guest JoeTitanium

I'd like to have a bot myself, who sells and eventually buys stuff for me.

Maybe in the future he will be able to store items in his storage so that he can sell them later(if this is allowed).

I wanted that bot to join LNX so i got to get one LVL to 20 to join our Guild.

My question is: Is it allowed to run two Clients in order to get the Bot char to LVL 20 in on attribute?

Or could i connect with the Bot Char to the testing server on port 2001 and level him up there?

I know that the chars are not allowed to interact, but that is not a problem? (u can watch me if u want it will never happen)

I didnt have decided a name for him/her but i will post it as soon as i begin working with him.

Gratz Joe

Chatterbug you could make it so that it's like the other bots whom which you must pm and have a time limit that way. It would prevent others from finding out the answers and also you could have it keep track of which questions it has ask certain players so it would not ask the same question twice to the same player.

Ok yea I know sounds good on paper but getting it coded to work properly is another story altogether.

Oldfool *FT*

Acutally, I dumped C and am now working on C++ so my bot is delayed. When I start working on it thou, I will start a thread where people can post suggestions for the bot :D My bot will be the collest bot in the game :D Plus it will realy be good programing practice for me.

WanderingFool is back. He's still basically pointless, but a lot of fun to work on. This is how he occupies himself:

• When he doesn't know where Joker is he looks for him.
  • When he does know where Joker is he wanders around aimlessly.
  • Every hour he heads to the nearest fruit/vegetable patch and harvests until his limit is reached.
  • If someone asks him where Joker is he will tell them (unless he doesn't know)

I removed the old chat code (which relied on a list of regular expressions linked with responses) and replaced it with AINE. I haven't made a custom personality yet. At the moment he's just using the default (Amy), so don't worry too much if he seems somewhat gender confused and thinks he lives in Atlanta. Eventually he will have a more suitable personality and will be able to answer game related questions.

Since his creation, he has died about 2500 times.

[edit: WanderingIdiot is back too. He's a clone of WanderingFool.]

Bongo

Edited by Bongo

ahhh...great...yoru wandering fool bot is gettign too cool...now i'll have to copy yoru idea for my bot which is in the works...LOL.

That anneie thign is pretty cool thou...i'm wondering how to integrate that into a C++ program...but i'll figure it out :ph34r:

Oh yeah, here are the features for my bot that is in the works.

--Will play Who Wants to be a Millionare and give out gold coin and item prizes. People may only play once per week and there will be a 40 or 50 GC coin fee (this is to keep the bot stocked with GC for prizes :ph34r:)

--Will announce winners and losers in a certain channel.

--Now that I see what mr. I have a bot named wandering fool did with that ainebot, I will make it so you can have conversations wiht it in the same channel that it announces losers and winners in. :ph34r:

--It also may be a "suvenenere" shop...so if you want to support me you can by my rare books and what not. The program will have a speical log which says which money was money used to play the game (which will stay in the bot for prize money) and which money was used to buy items from the "suveniere shop" which will go to me (or I may just stick it back in the bot for extra prize money or buy special goodie prizes for the bot...like Plate Armor or soemthing :ph34r: ).

Think that is it for now...this will be my project for when I am done with my C++ book so it will still be a while (a monht or so?) Also, if any admins have a problem with any of the above features please tell me :ph34r:

Guest karaz

Hi

i added a Bot : Fugger. Should be a Tradingbot in the future, but now its a Testbot.

greetz

karaz

I created a bot with elbot code, just for study C. His name is Joachim and my char is Adranbach. Just now I am only trying to talk with him. :)

I created bot character named Exlagre.

She :P is located in Nordcarn (appears very seldom) and does nothing yet :(

Main purpose of this bot is fun in developing C applications.

I am developing a store bot. She's named Salt and I'm doing my testing on the test server to minimize iterference with live players. So far, she can check her inventory and respond to a few commands. Her pricing will vary with inventory levels and with current market conditions. Her final location is yet to bedetermined - testing is mostly on IP near the Wraith on the test server. She is being written in c.

She will be appearing on the same IP address a Puntif (cablemodem/router setup) but will rarely be operated with the standard client except for modifying her inventory for testing purposes or moving her location.

I am creating a bot called eltone.

She won't talk, and I will place here way off the beaten path in DP.

Her purpose is to monitor the Market channel for the EL Times Newpaper.

We will be scanning her logs so that we can read up on things we may have missed while not logged on.

She is based on the elbot client.

I'm working on a bot called Flying_Cow.

It'll respond to certain words in local chat/PM, and will probably be roaming the EL continents some day.

One day, if I have some spare time, I might be adding a quiz module.

I'll be writing it in C.

Edited by Vegar

Guest Lieven

Hi

I am creating a bot. I use two characters for it, WhiteEyed_Angel and robot. Right now I am expirimenting with it a bit, so that it can find its way through the maps. I will probably do other things with it later, but I will ask permission first for anything other than just walking around.

My who wants to be a millionare bot is on hold...but...

I plan on setting up a whole quest using bots (and some real people)...I just wanted to make sure it wont' be a problem that I create about ten or so new charcters just for this quest? They can be deleted afterwards.

Also, I am planing on having the contest be sometimes next week...not sure..dpends on how long it takes me to do everything.

This also means ten differnt charecters will be commign fromt he IP by the way...so maybe i hsould post in tha tother forum too...

Guest Cameron
:ph34r: atm my bot is called neutrol it will be a guild storage bot but needs a lot of work if my programing is any good not sure where it will be as of yet-Cameron

Mwhaha OmagaAlpha is character using to play code hope one day get point be able to selled and buy stuff so all put item there and it will sell it to people but far away. so right now just send message & that stuff.

My bot will be Vermor. If its all right I'd like to place him on Isla Prima and sell newbie armor and equip (like wooden shields, iron swords, leather armor, ect). It will basically have the same code as Nera with a few modifications. The money made will not go to me or anyone else. It will just stay in Vermor and possibly poofed.

What is a bot and how do I make one?

A bot is a program that connects to the EL server and operates (usually) automatically. It's like a stripped down version of the client that is specialized for your purposes.

You can make one by (and this is only my recommended course of action):

1) Get the client source code from the CVS.

2) Take a look at the source code and learn how to communicate with the server.

3) Break out your C skills and code yourself a bot.

Ok well here is a stupid question.....

What program if any is available for those of us who dont know C? I was just looking around and it seems that ELBot is only usable on Linux, and Alice .....well I really couldnt tell what system it works on. Are there any very basic bot programs out there for the "Programming Challenged" like me? lol

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Me and nully just created ELF_bot as our first test bot, based on elbot.

For now it's rather basic, meaning it does almost nothing.

As for the future, if he manage to do something with the code, it should be a trading/storage bot for the guild... But's that's a far perspective now.

Edited by shanga

3) Break out your C skills and code yourself a bot.

What program if any is available for those of us who dont know C?

Java. Visual Barf Basic. Python. Perl...