Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ShadowKnight

Petition to change manu back

Should the manu system be reverted, or otherwise improved?  

1. 1. Should the manu system be reverted, or otherwise improved?

• Yes
    • No

Sorry, but the old way allowed heavy scripting.

Now, think for yourself a second: Can you really make like 3 items in a second?

I think that the 1 second limit between manufacturing stuff is way too small, in the first place. In fact, unless you use some scripting thing, it shouldn't bother you anyway, since it takes mroe than 1 sec to put the stuff back, in the manufacturing window.

I don't mind the required felay, but it is real hard to click at one second intervals, so I have to click faster. The Slow down message got so annoying I ignored it. Slow, is not in local_ignores.txt

Well i find it frustrating too, usually i have a pretty big lag, so i can click multiple times on mix, before the ingredients are gone. That way i could make several items at once. Now i can't anymore.

But since i think i made this suggestion somewhere in the first place :oops: i vote no. This way it is more realistic, and basically an improvement

Now, think for yourself a second: Can you really make like 3 items in a second?

I understand that, and I agree. I wouldn't even have a problem with it if not for the fact that i fail half the time making an item which i should be an expert at making by now. Each of those is nothing individually, but together it becomes:

You fail to create

Slow down

Slow down

Slow down

Slow down

Slow down

You fail to create

Slow down

Slow down

Slow down

Slow down

Slow down

You create

When all of that should've only taken one click. And I've been making this item for 12 levels now!

Besides, I don't think the manu system was designed for realism anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to whine, but all that really does is turns a relatively simple task and makes it suck. You might as well be making everyone walk slower.

You might as well be making everyone walk slower.

Uh oh...

You know, you shouldn't have said that...

i doubt ppl would start walking slower again :cry: since they used to be half this speed

Press F1 to get to console and type:

ignore Slow

Then press F1 to continue. That doesn't get rid of the slow down, but it gets rid of the annoying message that scrolls the real messages of interest off.

Entropy - I wish you would at least make it where you cant "fail" to make an item.. then the 1 second crap wouldnt be so bad... but its annoying..

Mix.

Failed.

Wait 1 Second.

Mix.

Failed.

Wait 1 Second.

Mix.

Failed.

Wait 1 Second.

Failed.

Mix.

Object Created.

its very annoying

How about this, make failing a much lower chance but if you fail you lose the ingredients? Lets say if you just turned lvl 3 (or whatever lvl) and wanted to make scarves. Right now you probably have 70% chance of failing at the start but you dont lose your items. With the new system you could make it 10-20% chance of failing (much lower) but you lose your ingredients. I know it will be annoying to lose stuff but think of the realism. If you fail you cant reuse ingredients can you? If you fail to make toast in real life then you cant reuse it can you. Just think about it...

Entropy, my friend on Eternal Lands was complaining about alchemy taking a while, so I got on his character, he is level 18 alchemy and is wanting to make life essences.. and you majorly need to fix this... I fail up to about 11 times sometimes before I make one essence and it takes FOREVER to make just 1 essence.. I knew it was a major slowdown, but this is ridiculous, even if I'm level 39 alchemy..

I got rights from entropy to b**** but I still cant say b**** thats f*** up! WT* I cant even type it...

F***ing g** I quit!

Ok... hey all forget it, ent wants ppl to play the game more by adding more restrictions =D and limitations so go ahead and enjoy.

err... nvm!

F***

I'm all for long game play, but damn it for real, if this game gets a official review and it continues down its road... most back water games dont get ign reviews unless they are made in asia by some grp of ex pro game designers. But if this game does appear in like comp mag or something its gonna get a 2 on replay value.

General restrictions are the best, when u start gettin specific its all hell!

Class restrictions are cool, like u need to be a certain class to get a bonus off this weapon, but if ur not that class u dont get it but if the weapon has somethin else u can get a bonus off that. =D.

Oh ya!

But its all ok! right? I mean I dont know - ppl want specific restrictions, soon it'll probably be 120 harvest an hour but 12 fails per a good pick of lupine =P.

=D good times.

Ignore me, I'm just speaking the truth right now, sorry.

Along with Life's idea, but not so drastic, would it be possible to rewrite the ilvl equation that you use Ent?... as in real life you start out messing up constantly, perhaps ilvl + 0 =10, + 1 =20, etc, +10=100, +11 =95, +12 =90, down to 50 percent chance to create, because doing the same task while it becomes second nature, it gets tedious and you begin to make mistakes without noticing.

You're lost and have no clue what I'm talking about? need an example you say? okay, say making leather gloves, ilvl is what? 12, okay so at 12 you have a 10 percent chance to create gloves successfully, 13 you have 20 percent, on to 22, when you have become so accostomed to doing it, it's second nature, and boring, you know by memory exactly what goes in the box, and could probably click the box without even looking at the screen. That's 100% accuracy, you stop failing, then it begins to get messy, you miss one in 20 for lvl 23, 1 in 10 for 24, etc, down to missing half the time by lvl 30ish... it's time to move on anyway...

A thought.

~E.S.

i dont see the problem with how the system is right now. sure it takes a bit of getting used to for old hats but just like the harvesting you can no longer spam the mousebutton and watch things roll in...

It's not about spamming it. I didn't mind the "slow down" when harvesting. I didn't mind the random failures. I do mind both. In theory, they both make sense. However, when you put them together, you get one huge pain. If the odds of failing were decreased, it wouldn't be so bad, but when you fail 5 times, and now have to wait a second, it adds up after 1000 times. Here's a suggestion. How about your odds of failing are not only affected by level, but also by how much you make one specific item. So if you continue to make one item, you will fail less regardless of your level.

again idont see the pain, yes it slows thigns down a bit but thats just good. its nuts that you could make say 30 item in as many seconds with a bit of luck and some speed clicking.

i was around when you could harvest 3 flowers (special bush, of all places right outside white stone city) a click with no skill test or slow down message, it was basicly nuts. the faster you clicked the faster you could cash in.

personaly the only thing im missing is a graphical indicator that shows you when you can try again rather then the generic slow down message...

as for haveing problems makeing stuff, it seems that the randomness of the server have gone haywire. like someone pointed out, if there was more people harvesting at the same time within a area he got more failures. and the very reason for this is that computer randomness inst true randomness. if you run a code with a random output you will over time find a pattern. the only way to avoid this by haveing some sort of source of continualy changeing data...

hmm, im not sure if entropy have shown anyone the skilltest code and therefor cant comment on how the system works. that is what the numbers that are tested against and so on are.