Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Acelon

New fighting books

I was thinking why not have fighting books for weapons? Say im in a PK map, and I get attack by someone using a quarterstaff, if I read the staff fighting book, I would get the +5 attack, defence, and critical thing. This would also work if a monster was using that weapon against you. So the books I think that should be implemeted...

1) Staff Fighting Book (Bought in store)

2) Hammer Fighting Book (Bought in Store)

3) Axe Fighting Book (Monster Drop, gargs maybe?)

4) Fist/Feet (pick a new name for it :D) Fighting Book (orcs or trolls)

5) Sword Fighting Book (cyclops, ogre, fluffy)

Thoughts?

Switch it around though: Make the books necessary to get an advantage to using certain weapons, rather than defending against certain weapons.

In fact, and I've mentioned this before, players should have to read weapon books before even using a weapon. Just like all the alchemists and manufacturers: they can't make anything until they read the book. For equality, a player who wants to fight should need to learn how to use his weapons first.

My feeling is Ent doesn't go for this idea because a large number of players just want to level fighting and the player base has been alienated enough in the last couple months so he'd rather not make a move that, even though it helps balance the game, would potentially piss off people again.

And furthermore, I think...<ack!> <crash>... uhg..

(friggin' soap box broke again. I gotta go on a diet..)

Switch it around though: Make the books necessary to get an advantage to using certain weapons, rather than defending against certain weapons.  

agreed that should be done (or at least make so that if don't read it weapons 90% chance breacking)

(or at least make so that if don't read it weapons 90% chance breacking)
Thats a good idea too. You can use the weapons without reading the books, but your chance of breaking it are much greater.

Of course, for equality, the same should be applied to alchemists and manufaturers. Your failure (with loss of ingredients) rate would be higher if you haven't read the book.

Or what if you could use weapons before you read about them, but your attack speed is ridiculously slow and you do pathetic damage?*

*Pathetic damage is only slightly better than punch/kick.

(or at least make so that if don't read it weapons 90% chance breacking)

Or you have a 90% chance of wounding yourself, lol.

Talzon wrote

Or what if you could use weapons before you read about them, but your attack speed is ridiculously slow and you do pathetic damage?*  

*Pathetic damage is only slightly better than punch kick

let put all 3 ideastogether so that lot different things that could happen don't read book before use the weapon

But if you could learn weapons from books, well...Ever heard of this?

Jack of all trades...Well, actually, master of all trades...

I have an even better idea. What if the Wraith could grant you proficiency points in the different weapon classes? Proficiency levels would range from 0 to 7, 7 being amazingly skilled with the weapon. This way, if you wanted to accel in every weapon, other stats would suffer. This sounded like a good idea to me when I thought of it. What do you think?

Hello,

Hey i think it be interesting if we made a couple more books like double swords or some thing like that to where instead of just a sord and sheild we could have two swords of coarse the type of swords would be lmited to short lighter ones but the point is that when in a fight they enemy attacks u and you attack twice as much and maybe faster.

That would be the double weapons proficiency.