Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DarkSamurai

~Diferent Race Styles

Hello,

Agreed this make it a bit longer for the newbs, and this would add on A LOT you would have to add (lots of work) but, what would you think if you put diferent styles on here. like lets say i want samurai armor so i go and look up so me books for samurai armor styles of clothing and stuff like that. it make the game a lot more...colorful (for lack of better words). Each style could have its own weaknesses and streinghts. Ex: samurais are fast but they might not be as strong as english or the mountian dwellers. and the arabs could have like better exp and stuff from gods and such. i cant think of all you could do to it but please tweak and think of stuff as much as possible on this. (Anothe big plus to this is it would make this game so much more diferent than others i mean you dont see this kind of thing in everquest!)

i think thats a crap idea.

how many medievil games/films/books etc have you played/seen/read with Samurai warriors in it? :roll:

i agree there should be more races, but...samurai's?

do you mean something like a ranger, who has similar properties to a samurai i suppose? (i.e. aragorn from lotr)

or how about orcs or trolls or similar types of races?

how many medievil games/films/books etc have you played/seen/read with Samurai warriors in it?  :roll:

yeah i agree. just cuz its never been used before, its a bad idea. :roll:

actually, it would be really fun to be a samurai....and hey, if we cant have our plasma cannons, why not samurais? :D

and to answer your question placid this is the first one ive ever played so whatever. but im in the game making business so i might as well ask. im working ot make an X box game (like it will ever be ready) would you play a game where theyre about 1000 men on each side and you control only one.

no magic no nothing totally realistic as far as mortality. but you can choose what type of race and style youd use so yeah samurai but also have many others like romans and greeks maybye have some heros in theyre like alexandra. stuff like that.

P.S. whats wrong with wanting to experiment and be diferent? just becuase its diferent doesnt mean its worst i seriously everything has ever been thought of so keep experimenting maybe ull find better.

I just reread and noticed something else when i say samurai i dont mean the actual thing thats a bit too far out of time line. i mean diferent styles of clothing (im obssest about samurai so obviously used it as a example) just diferent types buildings or like roman like armor or something like that.

I think that the actual idea is good: include more variety in the weapons and armor, and have race-specific armor. Since the game doesn't focus on the race of the humans, and rather views the humans as an individual race, and the elves as an individual race, and so on, the specific armor or weapon type should be related to the races present, and not the races of humans as we know them (asian, european, african, etc.). If you think about it logically, a dwarf probably would not be able to fit into the same armor a human would.

remeber people that right now armors are just torso skins, nothing more nothing less. sure there can be ornamental versions but dont expect any with stuff sticking out from the shoulders or anything like that (it would play havoc with capes and cloaks for one thing). as helmets are a seperate models tho those are a diffrent story. same with weapons and shields.

personaly i like the idea but the amount of work that needs to be put in requires that someone help out roja in the modeling and skining department...

strip the part about gear haveing diffrent effects depending on style. imissed that when i was checking the theard. im all for gear that have diffrent looks but in game have the exact same effect as the base item, atleast it will add variation to the game instead of everyone looking the same...

how many medievil games/films/books etc have you played/seen/read with Samurai warriors in it?  :roll:  

do you mean something like a ranger, who has similar properties to a samurai i suppose? (i.e. aragorn from lotr)

or how about orcs or trolls or similar types of races?

How many medieval fantasy games have I seen with samurais?

http://www.square-enix.com/games/fft/fft-index3.html