Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

The gods

What should be the advantage?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What should be the advantage?

• More EXP
    • Skill increase

I have one question are there going to be harvest gods and magic gods and such cuz I hope there is cuz I don't feel like worshipping the gods right now that there is (but I want to worship a god)

Yes, there will be gods for everything except for potions (or maybe even that, later on.

And Tumaros, no one forces you to do tasks for gods. Don't like it, don't do it.

For the bonuses, I think a better solution would be either a delay or a slower rate for returning to normal skill level. You would also get this benefit if you used pots. I think it's perfectly reasonable that the only place that you can get the blessing is at the temple.

Question: if you renounce a god and then return to it, do you go back to -2, and have to do all the quests over again? I don't think you should lose your rank or have to do the quests again, but I think there should be something to keep people from changing gods like they would socks. Something like a 200 plat donation to show your renewed devotion.

Yeah, I know, Ent, it's good that what's the hardest task, IMO, so far, I'm at least at 0 worship level for, so I don't lose experience during the process.

And to Cicero...I hope that you can keep the same status with your god. Or, if you do change, maybe you lose only ONE worship level...so say you're worship level 3 with Mortos, and you want to change to Aluwen, you join her for a while, and change back to Mortos...he's mad that your renounced him for an opposing god/goddess, but he'll let you back in at the price of losing one worhsip level, and having to do that quest over again. Just an idea...

Entropy, tumaros was right, the quests that the priests give out favour the rich. I have done the Evil Priest quests, the first quest was good since u actually had to work for the item u needed, not buying them, but the second quest, you could buy the items, which is no good. What im talking about is the deer antlers, they can be bought in tree town, and i bet you 99.99% of the people doing that quest will buy the antlers, rather then hunt for them. Instead of getting antlers from the deer for the quest, you should make a script, that once the quest has been activated, the script counts how many deer you have killed, and when you killed the right amount of deer, then you can advance with the worshiping. Something like this is much better, because it is not money based, and it is fair to the rich AND the poor.

Also since the scrip is counting how many deer you have killed, when u have not killed enough, and you go talk to the preist he should say something like "You cannot advance your worshiping yet, the God has seem you only have killed "blank" deer for him" And in the blank would go the deer kill count.

There was one other good quest from the evil god, and that was the silver bar quest, since you have to make them, you cannot buy resources to make them. But the other 2 quests left, favour the rich again.

I think the Gods were put into the game a little to quickly, and the quests and benefits for them were not thought all the way through. It is hard for the people that do not have much money, but I got to the third level of worshiping in a day, and I dont think it was ment to be finished in a day.

I think it was fair, i mean, I think its good that you acutually do have to have money to do the quests. People should work on other skills, not just Fighting, therefore they will have enough money to buy the stuff or even make it them selves.

Just my opinion, dont flame me, or you will suffer.......maybe.

Lightning your missing the whole point here. The evil god is the attack god, therefore the quest should be based on your fighting skill. Why would the attack god care what your other skills are or how much money you make for him using those skills. The quests should be based mainly on your attack skill. Maybe have the last quest of the attack god, to go kill 5 cyclopses to prove that you are worthy to him or something like that.

I don't think that you should have to do a quest over again. It really doesn't make sense. The quests are supposedly one time situations (skeletons stole some wood shields, you got them back). It seems kind of odd that the same situation would occur just because of you renouncing your faith.

Also, there will be more gods and more god quests. They will likely all take a lot of time, money, and effort. Get over it. You're going to have to pay dearly if you want the benefits.

Ok...and now it's completely tied in with real life...hehe...people (more specifically terrorist types...like George Bush...and also people in medieval(sp?) ages) are driven on in life by religion alone. They will do anything to please their god/goddess, believing that they will have amazing benefits in death (i.e. egyptians?) However, unlike real life (or maybe it is like, we shall never know) in EL there are tangible, visible, present benefits.

Hmm...if EL was made even more like real life, we would not know what our worship level was, and weather what we were doing was good or not...maybe if this happened, the real religious monks/fanatics of the players could find out by...well, as an example, they spend all of their money and time pleasing their god, not aware of the benefits or disadvantages...and then say they die of a cyclops attack (only to please their god!) and enter a heaven map instead of a hell one, not losing any items. Then the heaven map could work the same way, find you way through (maybe various bag respawns?) and end up at the beam point or something.

Hehe...now there's an idea...if you get your worship level with a god up high enough, if you die, you don't lose any items and you go to heaven, described above.

Hm...my train of thought ran off the track and into the woods onto a different track entirely...

Boss Man, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I feel at present I'm gonna have to agree with Izzy on the after effects of the god introduction. Whilst I am not so much concerned with the story, as they each tell the same story from opposite sides; I worry that you may have in effect written yourself into a corner by introducing them in such a manner.

I.E. you want to add additional gods later, so you have these two factions already, will all other gods fall into allignment of good or evil? Can you Worship the Goddess of Life, clearly good, then the evil god of necromancy or whatever? Would this not present a conflict of intrests for the gods themselves...

And as far as the bonus is concerned, yes, It IS A GOOD IDEA, the price you paid should earn you a little reward, weather you paid your price in time or physical coins... But should there not also be a disadvantadge? for example, if evil god followers gain attack experience faster, would it not stand to reason that the higher your worship level is for the evil god, the slower you should gain defensive xp? an Evil Allignment of +5 should be the equivelant of a good allignment of -5 (karma? :P)

Going right along with this, if you decide you want to switch gods as someone questioned... your allignment should be changed from good to evil (no switching while in the negative for your god) so if you're level +3 good, and you want to switch for a while you join as -3 evil (or -2 since that's where the quests start...) but if you're lvl 0 worshiper, you should be able to switch back and forth as much as you want...

-------------------------

Breakdown:

Religion = Good, depth in story, a major leap in the right direction.

Story = Scary, possibly written into a corner.

Allignment = bonus, but should also include a drawback.

--

Suggestions:

Religion: Create two factions, all future gods fall under one of the existing gods. The ability to worship future gods requires they fall into your faction of good or evil. Possibly create more quests based on which religion you've chosen which are simply quests, no bonuses no great signs of accomplishment, they should speak volumes on the plot. Try one, see if people won't do them even though they don't have any bonus for completing... I bet they will ;)

Story: See above.

Allignment: See above.

~Evil Scorpio

Yes, there will be gods for everything except for potions (or maybe even that, later on.

And Tumaros, no one forces you to do tasks for gods. Don't like it, don't do it.

Can you do it real soon cuz I want benefits from a god but not the gods that have been implemented already so plzz hurry the other gods up if you could (I'll even help write quests or something for the other gods if you want me to)

I would still rather have a slavery system than a religion one :) Just my 2 cents. Though, the basis of the religion of the idea was original I feel it kinda took a stupid turn for the worst. I wont be specific but it kinda sounds like a "Time Splitters" idea. It's like FF8's draw system its original, a good idea at first galnce, but in the long run its just shit :P Anyways, Happy New Year!

ok i havent read all of this cause there to many pages so if this has been said then sorry. what i think sould happen is the gods send you on quests to try to weakern the other gods (things like quests to make the other gods look bad or to do things for you god to make them look good like go and cure a plague from some people)

:roll: New God: Valoria and a goddess of the forest! It adores ents, birds, squirrels and everything that lives in the forest! It looks like itself the Elfs. White skin has long dark blond hair and eyes greens as leaf of a tree.No likes fight would desnecessari! :roll:

I don't know if this was planned already, but there should be skill limits for advancing in worship rank. ie, to get to a certain level, you not only need to do the quest, but you need to be like lvl 30 in the skill the god favors to get past 3, etc.

At the moment, people who aren't followers of the defense god can still wear titanium armor. If it's going to be manufacturable this makes sense, otherwise I think that it should be defense god worshipers only. This should also go for special items you get from the other god quests.

I agree. Each God should have a Item that only someone who has beaten the final Test should be able to wear but I think it should be more then just a "Titanium Armor." It should be an item that a player can have only one of and is titled, something like "The Armor of Aksa Sharal" or something (just a Name)! You could even write out a little story of it, like it's the Armor Worn by the Ancient Champion of the Defense God.

Each God after could have an Item from each of their Previous Champions:

Like the Attack God can have “The Katana of Trek Ilangrard!â€

The Magic God can have “The Pendent of Transcendence†(doesn’t have to be named after it’s Champion)! It increases Magic Exp. while reducing the cost of Ethereal Points. It could even give you to Teleportation ability, but to a limited degree.

The God of the Harvest/Forest/Wild can have the “Nature’s Blessing†(a Cloak or something) that Gives Protection, increased Harvesting points, and makes it less likely that Non-Hostile animal will attack when clicked (of course you‘ll need to remove it to hunt most likely). It’s kind of like a Cross between the Potion Cloak and the Harvest Cloak but just to a much lesser degree and doesn’t make you almost invincible like the Potion cloak.

I can’t think of anymore right now but that’s the general idea.