Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aira

The little things...

We need some of the little things. I can't think of anything better than to embelish the world. We have tons of ponds, lakes, rivers... oceans..

Where are the frogs? I think frogs would make the world seem more real. And you could get frog skin (irl frog skin pulls off) and use it for future potions.

What about flies? Dragon flies would be good... even if they didn't move very far. Just flew around lillypads on the edge of rivers and stuff.

But you know, I don't know if this is possible.

And what would a world be without bees? Hives could be a source for food, but with the risk of getting stung. And if you could, when we do, get the sounds up, you could have a sound file of buzzing bees sound off whenever someone was near a hive.

Bee stings hurt by the way.. and can kill. Just a thought. And so do ants, but you wouldnt really be able to see ants, now would you.

Hmm.. how about the occasional breeze carrying dust? We have rain, what about in the desert? o.O

I'd like to see a gopher too (just a spur of the moment thought). There could be holes in the ground.. is it possible to make animals retreat to burrows? I realize that's also a bad thing too, becuase it'd make it harder to hunt... Gopher holes could dissapear too..

But I was just recently sitting around the pond in the Carmen Castle Garden, and I was just thinking it'd give more mood (since the graphics look realistic anyways) to the scenery to see the occasional frog.

Again, I have no idea if any of this is possible, because I am not a programmer.

I think we already have 1 Honeybee and 1 Ladybug in game :wink:

Anyway I love the idear of buzzing hive for harvesting honey and that you could be stung while harvesting :)

Also gopher could fit in EL theme just imagine one animation of gopher getting out of is burrow

another for running/fighting like other animals and last when he again hides underground. He could move then underground and jump out in diff place.

Hmmm... ok I just love it :mrgreen: ->really

1 ladybug and honeybee? ...lmao! :)

how about like what they do in zelda? everyone who has played the ocarina of time knows what im tlaking about. in forests and such they just have little lights [fireflies? faries? who knows] bugs, ripples, fish everywhere. it makes you wonder how they can breathe o.o and its all really little, and low graphic, but really cool :) you dont have to do anything with them, but it would make the game look really cool

Orbs? ... should have those in the cymetaries. IRL it means there's spirits around (to those who have a basic belief in metaphysics).

hm, insects and the like can be pulled of useing the particle engine hidden in the game. basicly one have a cloud of randomly moveing points and most likley a connected buzzing sound so that you get the right idea. and at night one could maybe have brighter dots floating around water edges to give the impression of fireflys and similar...

and the game realy needs a lot more enviromental sounds. anyone up to making them?

Sure, but no one eats sap [from trees].

Fire essence + Sap = Syrup. - 5 food when eaten

Fire essence + Syrup = Maple Cream. - 10 food when eaten

Fire essence + Maple Cream = Maple Candy. - 20 food when eaten

Actually.. you can get honey out of a hive. You pull the honeycomb think out... waffly looking thing.

We could have it where you have to have an empty vile... or there could be jars as a new item.. No one just carries around honey in their pocket. Would be stickeh!