Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hellinon

Advanced summoning

ok, ive left you guys alone for a while now. but once again, ive got another "useless" suggestion. right before i was writing this, ingame, i summoned a deer. i wanted it to attack a wolf. it didnt. no matter how much i moved toward the wolf. then, it attacked a rabbit across the screen. then, when i minimized my game to write this, when it came back up, i saw that my deer was lying dead and about 7 rabbit corpses were littering the field around him.

is this chi? do i deserve this? no, i dont. i say you guys make an extra button in the toolbar that has a list of all your recently summoned animals and you can command them to attack certain things or not attack certain things, like friends. this would take summoning to a whole new level.

Yes, that is an excellent idea. I say include it. But leave an auto-battle control in the summoning controls for people who like this setup better.

ok, ive left you guys alone for a while now. but once again, ive got another "useless" suggestion. right before i was writing this, ingame, i summoned a deer. i wanted it to attack a wolf. it didnt. no matter how much i moved toward the wolf. then, it attacked a rabbit across the screen. then, when i minimized my game to write this, when it came back up, i saw that my deer was lying dead and about 7 rabbit corpses were littering the field around him.

is this chi? do i deserve this? no, i dont. i say you guys make an extra button in the toolbar that has a list of all your recently summoned animals and you can command them to attack certain things or not attack certain things, like friends. this would take summoning to a whole new level.

yeah its a pretty good idea but its not possible to see dead summoned animals "lying dead"

but its a good idea :P

So let me try to paraphrase this correctly:

There is a button in the bottom of the screen Summoning. When you click it, it opens a menu, with a submenu, "All summons", and a submenu for each summoned animal, e.g. "Rabbit #1", "Skeleton #1". etc. Each submenu has "Attack", "Move", "Follow", "Stop", and "Automatic".

Attack- Choosing this option would be the equivalent of clicking the Fist/Attack icon in the bottom of the screen.

Move- Choosing this option would be the equivalent of clicking the Walk/Move icon in the bottom of the screen. Your summoned animal/monster will stop at the designated point, but will move to engage enemies.

Follow- Choosing this option causes the summoned animal to follow you when you move. It will move to engage enemies, however if you move to far away, it will escape the battle, and continue following you.

Stop- Choosing this option causes the summoned animal to stay where it is. It will not move to engage enemies, but will fight back if attacked.

Automatic Choosing this option causes the summoned animal to follow you, and fight enemies without being commanded.*

*Automatic is the same as the way summoned animals/monsters always behave in the current version.

That is an excellent idea, Hellinon.

hmm, nice but it needs implementation at both sides - server and client.

client must tell server what command u clicked, and server must do it. also client can't find out what animals u summoned, so server needs to send it. great idea but too hard to implement i think :D

It would be nice to remote control the summoned creatures 8)

I don't think I have enough 9-volts for that! :lol:

Well like you'd summon a bear in KF and leave it there and go back to votd but you could still see KF from the bears view and whack noobs left and right with your bear and later go collect the goodies from KF :lol: