Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Leeloo

Pizza recipe

Any italian people here? Or anyone else who knows how to make real pizza?

It seems to me that here in Denmark, only foreign people can make pizza - turks, arabs and of course italians, but danes can't, and they don't even know the recipe. But I want to make pizza as the ones I can order, and the recipes I have found so far has not been perfect. So, would someone please tell me the real pizza recipe? Preferably in S.I. (metric) units.

um... not hard,

but do you want to make a pizza totally from scratch including the dough?

(did it once, too much work for that)

Ditto on that one, I usually throw a little food coloring into the dough (which, incidentally, I made from scratch...I had my cat scratch open the little plasic bag the dough mix was in...) so I usually make like...green, blue, red, or Dennis colored pizza :P Splat on the sauce (from a can...can you do the can-can?), Sprinkle on the cheese (sometimes already slice'n'diced...sometimes I do the dicing, end up slicing my finger off...) Then um I get the pepperoni, veggies, etc....chop them up...(hm, I bet you can't say "Specific" 5 times fast...out loud you fool!) sprinkle them on the pizza, put it on a pizza pan, cook until burnt, use a chainsaw to cut, and serve.

:? No wonder every time I offer to make pizza for dinner my parents run away...screaming...

Yes, I want to make it from scratch. No pizza-mix, just add water. And no pans either, I'm talking about italian pizza, not american. And it's made in an oven.

i would ask my dad for you, cause we lived in italy for a few years and my dad loves italian food. but sorry he aint here hes away on a business trip. italians make some good ass pizza. i remember this pizza place i went to and they like make it right infront of you and you can get em to make it just how you want it, i got my initials in dough done once :P

find a recipe on how to make dough, make teh dough, do the flippy in the air thingy wif the dough..

then lay it onto your counter that is covered in flour so teh dough doesn't stick...

get some pizza sauce..and some cheese.. and add teh toppings you like.. then put it in a oven?

Meh, I'm all 'bout the spicy foods...teh mexican stuffs the way to go :P

Fav food - burritos

2nd - quesadillas (sp?)

3rd - guess :P (nope not Dennis...and there is no fork...2+2=5...)

I loooove spicy food. mmm i put peppers and hot sauce on anything. i even have my own reciepie for salsa (not for the weak). ever had a habanero? WOoOoO those suckers are hot!

oo ive had that (the one from tobasico). i put that all over my steak and that was DAMN good. if anyone wants my salsa recipe (its not really unknown or hard) just ask :) i like to keep such a simple obvious thing to myself.

just for you leeloo i looked up these,

---------- Recipe via Meal-Master v8.05

Title: Traditional Pizza Dough

Categories: Breads, Pizza and c

Yield: 1 servings

Mmmm----------------

-----norma wrenn

Npxr56b------------

--------------

2 3/4 c Bread flour

1 ts Salt

1 ts Active dried yeast

1 ts Sugar

3/4 c Warm water (about)

1 tb Olive oil

In a small bowl, combine yeast, sugar and 1/4 cup water; leave until

frothy. Add yeast liquid to flour with remaining water and oil. Mix

to a soft dough; knead on a floured surface 10 minutes until smooth.

Place in a greased bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm

place 45 minutes or until doubled in size. Punch down dough and knead

briefly. Oil an 12-inch pizza pan. Place dough in center of pan;

press out to edges with you knuckles. Pinch up edges to make a rim.

Use as directed in recipe. VARIATIONS: If perferred, bake in a 14" x

10" jellyroll pan, or as 4 individual pizzas. Herb or Nut Pizza

Dough: Knead 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (or 1 tablespoon dried

herbs) into the dough. If prefered, knead 1 ounce chopped walnuts

into the dough. Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough: Use 2-1/4 cups whole-wheat

flour and 1/4 cup wheat germ. Add extra water as required to form a

soft dough. Cornmeal Pizza Dough: Use 2-1/1 cups bread flour and 1/3

cup cornmeal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Classic Tomato Pizza Sauce Recipe

This tomato sauce is lightly herbed with oregano and basil, yet the basic tomato taste is allowed to shine through. Some pizza aficionados prefer an even simpler sauce than this, but, you'll like the colors and bouquet this sauce adds to your own, home-made pizza. This recipe makes about 2 quarts.

Ingredients:

3 Tbsp. - Butter

16 Oz. - Can of Tomato Puree

3 Tbsp. - Olive Oil

1 Tsp. - Salt

3 Cloves - Garlic, Minced

1/4 Tsp. - Black Pepper

3 Large - Yellow Onions, Minced

1 Tsp. - Whole Oregano

2 Qts. - Canned Whole Italian Tomatoes

1 Tsp. - Whole Basil

In a Dutch oven or large skillet, melt the butter with the olive oil and slowly but completely sauté the garlic and onion.

Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano, basil and puree. Bring to a boil, then simmer covered for two hours. Stir occasionally, crushing the tomatoes with a potato masher.

Continue to mash, stir, and simmer partially covered until the sauce reaches the consistency of a rich soup.

If you find you have too many or too large tomato seeds left in the sauce, you may run the sauce through a sieve, (strainer). Set the sauce aside to cool or refrigerate before applying it to your pizza dough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

then sprinkle with teh motzerella cheese and bake until crispy.

*yum!*

Ok, one for Leeloo

(hope the translation is readable ;-) )

500g flour

30g yeast

salt as desired

2 Tbs olive oil

Add flour into a bowl, make a hole in it, add yeast, add some luke warm waterto the yeast, stirr it and let it sit for 20-30 minutes in a covered bowl.

Then add salt, olive oil + 150-200ml of water. Kneat it until it looks like real pizza dough. Kneat it and beat it until it is elastic.

Make a ball out of the dough. Cover it with some flour, put it in a bowl, cover it and let it sit for 2 hours.

The dough should double his volume now.. (yeast, you know)

Thats the amount for 2 pizzas.

Simple tomato sauce:

500g onions

4 garlic

120 ml olive oil

500g canned tomatoes

1 Tblsp oregano

1 Tblsp majoram

50g tomato purre

2 bunches of fresh basil

1 Tblsp sugar

some salt, black grinded pepper as desired

Peel onions and garlic and mince them. Heat oil, add minced onions and garlic and fry them a little bit.

Squeeze tomatoes and add them including the juice. Let them cook for some minutes, then add the other ingrediences.

Let this mixture cook on low heat for 1 hour. Stirr it some times. And, if needed, add some salt and pepper.

And this:

Pizza alla peperonata

2 red paprika

2 Tblsp olive oil

500g pizza dough

flour

6 dried tomatoes

16 black olives

8 peperoni

200 ml tomato sauce

100g mozzarella

100g pecorino

I think, you have an idea how to put the ingrediences on the dough ;-)

And put it in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 250° Celsius.

Enjoy!

Piper

Pizza Sauce

Ingredients

* 1-28oz. can of crushed tomato, stewed tomato or puree

* 1-6oz. can of tomato paste

* 2-3 cloves of garlic (or more)

* Olive oil

* Basil, parsley, oregano, salt,

pepper to taste

* 1/4 cup of red table wine (more or less)

Directions

1. Crush garlic with the side of a knife and mince.

(I use a garlic press).

2. Add olive oil to a sauce pot turned on to medium-low heat. Add garlic and gently sauté.

3. (Savor the aroma of the cooked garlic!) Lightly cook garlic until it starts to change color.

4. Don't overcook, as the garlic will be bitter if left to long.

5. Add canned tomatoes, tomato paste, and wine. Add spices to taste.

6. Reduce heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer. Stir occasionally as the mixture cooks

7. If you wish, add more minced garlic or spices.

Hints and Tips

* Allow your sauce to cook as long as possible, at least 1-2 hours or longer. The longer it cooks, the better it will be.

* Depending on the type of tomatoes you use, your sauce may be to thick or to watery. If to thick, add a little water. If to thin, simmer uncovered, until it thickens.

* Always make more than you will use for the meal. You can easily freeze the left over sauce. Use extra for pizza, eggplant Parmigiana or as a basic ingredient for barbecue sauce.

* If you have any meat, you can add it to the sauce for extra flavor. You can use chicken, veal, lamb, pork or meatballs.

* Use fresh herbs and spices, if possible. They will make any sauce taste vigorous! If you use dried herbs, place in your hands and rub your hands together. Then, sprinkle into the sauce. This seems to unlock the flavor of the spices!

* Go easy on the salt, canned tomatoes already have salt inside.

* You can use fresh tomatoes for your sauce. The tomatoes should be very ripe. Blanche the tomatoes in some boiling water and remove the skin. Puree in a blender or food processor. Some people like to remove the seeds of the tomato by straining. I just use the whole tomato.

* I usually don't use oregano in my sauce. (Sometimes, I do, though.)

Be careful about how much spices you add! Oregano can be a strong spice!

* If you added to much spice, don't worry. Just dilute your sauce with another can or two of tomatoes.

* If you use stewed tomatoes, make sure you crush them with a fork!

Ingredients for the Pizza Dough

(Makes 2 Large Pizzas, or Four Thin Pizzas)

* 2 Packages yeast (or 1/2 oz. or 4 1/2 teaspoons of yeast)

(For our pizza, we only use Fleischmann's Yeast!)

* 2 teaspoons sugar

* 4 cups of flour or more

* 1 teaspoon salt

* 1/4 cup olive oil

* 1 and 1/2 cups of warm water

Directions

1. Put yeast and sugar in a cup. Add 1/2 cup of water. The water should be between 100 and 110 degrees F. ( 37° C- 43° C ). Mix well. Wait about 5 minutes for the yeast and sugar to activate.

2. In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, salt, olive oil, 1 cup of warm water and the yeast mixture. Mix this with a fork to get all the liquid absorbed by the flour.

3. Place a handful of flour on a pastry board or mixing surface. Dust your hands and spread out the flour. Empty the contents of the bowl on to the flour.

4. Knead the dough for 8-10 minutes or until the texture is smooth and uniform. If the dough seems a little sticky, add a little more flour. One method to knead, is to lean on the dough with the palm of your hand. Press the dough to the mixing surface. Fold the dough and repeat.

5. Place the dough in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Place bowl in draft free area and cover with a cloth.

6. Let the dough rise for about an hour. Punch down the dough and wait about 45 minutes. Your dough is now ready.

7. Cut the dough in half.

8. Dust a rolling pin with flour and gently roll out on a floured pastry board until the dough is the desired shape. Keep using flour, as needed so the dough won't stick.

(A rolling pin is not essential!

You can also just use your fingers to shape the dough!)

9. Dust a cookie sheet with corn meal. (Oil will work ok, but the dough will be greasy.)

10. Use a spatula and slide the dough onto the cookie sheet. If you have a peel, assemble the pizza right on the peel dusted with corn meal. Then use the peel to place the pizza on the pre-heated pizza & baking stone. (You can also assemble the pizza first and then slide a peel underneath the pizza.) If the pizza is "sticky" and won't slide easily, use some dental floss to slide under the dough!

Make sure you use enough flour under the dough next time!

11. The more you make dough, the easier it will become. Don't get discouraged if it seems difficult the first time.

You will surprise yourself at how easy it becomes the second time.

12. Actually, the hardest part of making dough is the clean up!

Assembling the pizza

1. Lightly drizzle olive oil over the surface of the pizza. This allows the toppings to cook on top of the pizza.

2. Add tomato sauce. For variety, omit the tomato sauce and make "white" pizza by uisng different types of cheese.

3. Next mince garlic and spread it on top. (I use a garlic press). Add salt, pepper, oregano, and basil to taste. Or, add your favorite herbs and spices.

4. I then put on cheese.

5. Depending on what I have, I then slice peppers, olives, mushrooms or fresh tomato and put it on the pizza. You can put any vegetable you like on top of your pizza. It will definitely be good!

6. If I have some pepperoni chicken, or sausage I put it on. I sometimes have vegetarian pizza. It just seems healthier to me.

If using a pizza & baking stone, preheat your oven to 500° (at least one hour).

If not using a pizza & baking stone,

cook in a pre-heated (at least 45 minutes),

oven for 8-14 minutes or until bottom is cooked. (usally the time it takes for the cheese to fully melt)

Don't over do it now!

If cook your pizza in a pizza pan or cookie sheet,

your pizza will turn out fine!

~*Emby*~

ps if i left anything out kill me

You have forgotten the spit, slime and semen from the turk/arab pizza places :shock:

taco bell has mexican pizza here :cry: so maybe if any one wants to know how to make mexican stuff in the person to ask

how do you make a mexican pizza

(dont say go to taco bell and order cuz if you do i will make you make me a pizza **should think about food before lunch**)

Well, I always make my own pizza that's a mix of an italian and an american-style Pizza. The recipe varies from time to time (especially on the ingredients) but in general it's the following:

!!!Wash your hands!!!

25g yeast - Just crumble it into a bowl.

2dl water (~45C - it's always cooled down to 37 C when it's getting mixed with the yeast in a bowl)

Approximately 2 tablespoons of olive oil (I just pour it in as I know ~how much 2 tablespoons looks like :-))

A little salt

Flour till the dough is nice and doesn't stick

Now, just place the dough in a warm spot for the dough to rise :-)

The filling is a quite different art. Personally I prefer varying the filling from time to time, but these ideas should get you going:

If you like onions, put them in either a meatsauce or tomato sauce. Remember to spice the sauce nicely (don't know your style, but I prefer putting some sliced chilipeppers in the sauce along with some grinded black pepper + salt, of course). Furthermore Oregano and paprika are both good spices for Pizzas imho. It always depends on your taste though :-) Personally I don't like Garlic, but it's a possible addition as well.

An example tomato sauce:

1 large onion, chopped or sliced - whatever you prefer =) Saute (high heat) the onions in a pan or skillet with 2 tablespoon of olive oil (I prefer olive anyway). If you have any garlic or whole oregano/basil leaves, it's a good time to put them in now :-)

Next, lower the heat to medium and put in:

½-1dl water or red wine, if that's what rocks your boat :-)

1 can of whole tomatoes (or you can make it yourself from fresh ingredients - this is just the cheapest way ;-)) - remember to slice the tomatoes :-)

1 small can of tomato paste

Let it boil for a few minutes...

And now it's time to put some more spice into the sauce - grab a teaspoon and taste the sauce after each addition (stir it a bit and let it boil for a few moments before tasting) and find the correct mix of spices that you like.

When you think it has the right spices, put the heat on low and let it boil for as long as possible (usually I can't wait more than half an hour) :-) In case there's too little water left, put in some more :-)

Remove any oregano or basil leaves before putting the sauce on the pizza :-).

Now, if you wanted to make a meat-sauce it's too late... You should've sauted the meat before, or together with the onion.

Take the dough and make a round pizza (or square, or triangle, make it look like the Eiffel tower, or do whatever turns you on). In case there's not enough flour, put in some more. Remember to put some flour on the table as well.

Put on the tomato sauce layer (don't be cheap ;-))

Next, put on the cheese layer (usually I use Mozerella

As a topping I prefer using peperoni, ham, onions and chili peppers, but it's entirely up to you. Some people like to put bacon, tomatoes, ananas etc. on as well =) I usually don't put the peperoni on top of the pizza till after the pizza comes out of the oven though.

Before putting the pizza in the oven I always put some of the spices that I used in the sauce on top of the pizza as well (for instance oregano)

Next, say a prayer.

Next, put the pizza in the oven at 200C.

No it's not done yet....

Usually as an indicator for how long more the pizza needs to be in the oven I use the cheese colour - when it's getting browner it's beginning to be done. Usually it'll take 15-20 minutes, but it depends on the size, the oven etc. If the cheese never changes colour, you probably need to turn on the oven first...

When the pizza is done, put on any extra ingredients you'd like (for instance I put on the peperoni now). Some people like to put salad and a dressing on now, and it tastes quite nice :-)