Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Eldwen

Improved Weapon Breaking Idea

I love the current weapon breaking thing the way it helps with keeping prices up and the economy going good. Well the current systems works where each type of armor/weapon has differnet precent chances to break like 1/200 chance. The thing is that no matter what ur fighting that armor always has that chance. I believe that, "if possible and desireable", that armor should change according to the attack and defence of the monster. Like say its chances for a rabbit are 1/200 then for a cyclops it should be way less. Could this be added if possible? This might have already been suggested, but I wanted to give it a go.

Why shouldn't your helmet break if a bunny bites you? It provides defense against the attack, so it should have a chance of breaking. Sometimes reality must be sacrificed a bit for a good gaming system.

Do you really want the animal/monster's stats to affect the chance of an item breaking? It would benefit the people still fighting regular bunnies, but little fluffy would eat someone's armor off instantly if attack power were taken into consideration.

Ok the main reason I thought of this was because the market is good right now, but once the people get high enough to get good armor then they market will get bad again because the armor wont break because it has uber low chance to break. So if they are strong enough to kill high monsters then they should be rich enough to afford the chance of there armor breaking. I mean it shouldnt drop by alot but say if it was 1/6000 for cyclops it should be 1/5000 for fluffy. I hope u understand what im saying. Im only trying to find ways to keep the economy flowing good and the monkey being spent. Say goes for weapons with monsters having higher attack. Oh and also with player vs player, but that might be very difficult to do.

Edit.

This just came in mind that with this new types of weapons and armor could be added that have lower stats, but way lower chance to break. Like someone that is weaker than a serp, but breaks way less.

whatever happened to the idea of an npc to FIX stuff :shock:

there is another game that has a system of breaking and repairing

each item has so many amount of points of damage

example: staff has 3000/3000 damage points

u fight a monster

example: hellhound

u cast some spells

after the fight (if your still alive) the damage points would be something like 2780/3000

if you don't repair your items before u hit 0/3000 they break - number examples would be changed for this game, of course!

you go to a blacksmith (or a PLAYER) and charge them say, 2 gp per point off the weapon, repaired, fixed, your done =)

whatever happened to the idea of an npc to FIX stuff  :shock:  

there is another game that has a system of breaking and repairing

u fight a monster

u cast some spells

after the fight (if your still alive) the damage points would be something like 2780/3000

if you don't repair your items before u hit 0/3000 they break - number examples would be changed for this game, of course!

you go to a blacksmith (or a PLAYER) and charge them say, 2 gp per point off the weapon, repaired, fixed, your done =)

Morrowind, Tribunal & Bloodmoon (I love Bloodmoon) have that. So let's say if my devil spear was chewed in half by a Nix hound, I could go to the nearest blacksmith in Caldera to repair it.

Nice idea.

u fight a monster

u cast some spells

This is one of the better threads that talked about the problem with damage meters: http://www.eternal-lands.com/phpBB2/viewto...opic.php?t=5085

(Pay attention to Cicero's post onwards)

- I think what was decided was that it put too much of a load on the server to keep track of every single item in the game, so breaking became an all-or-nothing affair.

- I agree with Eldwen's idea, but I'm thinking that computing the variables involved (animal stats, player stats, equip quality, etc.) will be a lot of work...

-Lyn-