Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoisyAssassin

Connection problems

I was playing when my pc suddenly collapsed and froze so i did a reboot. When my pc finally after what seemed like 20 minutes was finished booting again, run the game and it wouldn't connect. But msn wouldn't connect either so i waited a couple minutes. Then i found out "hey i'll try to ping google", and that worked. So i tried msn again, and that worked too - but i still can't connect to the game server even tho my friend on msn is connected. So i need heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

I thought it might be the server waiting for my last session to ping out, but i allready did that before the computer froze. :S

I can't connect to the server  

See if you can view the "players online" page on the main web site:  

http://eternal-lands.solexine.fr/~radu/online.php  

If you can view that page, but can't connect to the server in the game, then you have a problem with your firewall settings. Ways to configure firewalls vary greatly, but you need to allow connections through port 2000.  

If you cannot view that page, then there is a problem with your ISP preventing you from connecting. Try again later, or complain to your ISP.

I tried this now, can't view the site. The address is the same as the server i think,

Pinging eternal-lands.solexine.fr [62.93.225.26] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 62.93.225.26: bytes=32 time=54ms TTL=51

Reply from 62.93.225.26: bytes=32 time=62ms TTL=51

Reply from 62.93.225.26: bytes=32 time=63ms TTL=51

Reply from 62.93.225.26: bytes=32 time=64ms TTL=51

Ping statistics for 62.93.225.26:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 54ms, Maximum = 64ms, Average = 60ms

Still i can't connect, and i'll try rebooting. I can't believe my isp suddenly would have something to do with me not connecting!

Btw, i'd love some help, or some thoughts from others.

I wanna plaaaaaaaaaaay :(

Oh, i did another reboot and suddenly it worked. Very weird, i must say.

Let's plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :D

Okay, NOW what?

Has my char been reset? No, cause everything else works fine.

I have power save, and still my food lvl was at -2 just now.

What is going on with this game?!! :/

You realise you just did 4 posts in a row? If only I was a mod... :P

Anyways, what do you mean, what's going on with EL? If you mean in the past two weeks, then there was a big reset. If you're talking about a few days ago, there was a two-day reset.

I wasn't talking about the crash or the rollback, i was talking about my computer not being able to connect to the server while everyone else were able to. Anyway, it's working now.

The 4 posts in a row were necessary to update any repliers on the situation. :)

well i can download game and all but when i try to play instead of saying connecting to server like my friends it says cannot connect. Why is that?[/b]