Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Platyna

Local mute command.

Hello.

I would like to suggest local mute command, something like:

#localmute [player name]

And make it available for level 1+ moderator. That could prevent spamming and flooding

local chat. It happens very offten and then we, newbie helpers, can't do much than waiting

for some level 3 moderator to ban that person. That command could also prevent

not nessesary banning - maybe someone who got local muted will during this time calm

down and underestand that he did wrong thing.

Regards.

or he/she would realize that no one was hearing him/her and start spaming a channel in retalation or flooding people in pm....just a thought

So we will mute on channel too.

Regards.

it has been discussed - usualy learner or moonshadow is on to teleport them to wraith... that usually makes them stop - and or a lovely boot..

Why not just make local messages hover above your head for 15 seconds? This way, you can only be saying one thing at a time, and people don't have to read it if they don't want to. Of course, sometimes, if they are placed directly above their head, they will be on top of each other, so the messages would have to move out of each others' way.

This is not a comics...and there is stuff like that named overhead

text that I personally think is silly idea. ;-)

Regards.

Guest Toyminator

Jesus christ losers, why not make a code that when someone types to much in some seconds... a message to him appears saying 'Hey! Easy man!' or some shit like that

hmm, furcadia had something like that one whispers (private messages). if you sendt to many in a given time one would get a "throat is dry" message...

It is not silly. It is actually quite useful. There would be no more local message flooding, and it would be obvious if a message is local or public, especially to newbies. I know that when I was newer to the game, I did not know I was speaking locally; I thought I was sending public messages all the time.

Actually i saw overhead text in the game once, and liked it, but when i logged back in the next day it was gone. And it showed the overhead text no matter if i talked public or local. Dunno what that was tho, but i took a screenshot. :> The overhead text would be a good idea except for that little bug. To separete local and public i guess you could just color one of them.

The local mute seems useful, there's too many annoying localspammers out there. About the "local messages 15 seconds" idea, i think 15 seconds is a VERY long time, especially if you're used to irc, but if you speak like 5 lines in 6 seconds you could be disconnected, because that's allmost allways a flood. To avoid spamming there could be a block against repeating your message more then 2 times? This would mean them having to type a new word all the time and they would get tired of that pretty quick. :D

-kj

For once I agree with Plat (scary, isnt it). MODs are not always on to punish the rulebreakers. NHs should have the ability to do some sort of local mute command.

Just a week or 2 ago, there was this.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/phpBB2/viewto...opic.php?t=6714

A few NHs were on but no MOD to stop. I know you say you can #ignore them but it just becomes a bother after a while to ignore all the spammers.

While we are at it, some people need banning too while there are no MODs on. I know it was suggested before but NHs should have some sort of banning command. What I suggested to others is have the ban need to be OKed by 2 or 3 NHs to make the command work, that way no1 would abuse that power.