Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ancients

I was banned and I have no clue why

I havent been on in a long time. I go to get on and it says my ip is banned. Seeing as I havent been on in awhile I have no clue why or how I got banned. And if I remember correctly when I was on a long time ago I did not do anything that would violate the rules. If I can get a good reason as to why I was banned it would be appreciated. Once I know I can better understand what is allowed and what isnt to be a better player.

you dident break anything but other people did and when ent reported it to the company they dident do jack shit so he made the game so any1 that has that isp cant get in

Not really fair considering I live no where near what you said you banned. And I also dont see it fair because I went back through my chat history and I didn't abuse anything there. And I also didn't try to hack or abuse the game for my own personal gain. I still don't see why I was banned. I'd like a better and something specific to me that sparked you to ban me.

Sirdan. If that's the case then I am sorry but that flat out bull. It's not fair to us who didn't do anything. Why can't they just pick out the inidividual IP adresses and ban the true cheaters.

Not really fair considering I live no where near what you said you banned. And I also dont see it fair because I went back through my chat history and I didn't abuse anything there. And I also didn't try to hack or abuse the game for my own personal gain. I still don't see why I was banned. I'd like a better and something specific to me that sparked you to ban me.

I don't understand what fairness has to do with this. It's not about being fair or not, it's about your ISP abusing the Internet ethics, so it had to be isolated from our game. You are not banned, so you can play our game at anytime you wish, provided that you get an ISP that is not banned.

I dont think I want to play a game that I can not be allowed to play because of others' mistakes. And as I said in another post. I have another game I can play that bans people on their actions not on someone elses or on a company's actions!

its really your isp's actions because there assholes it had to be banned sorry you should consider switching your isp its not ents fault he has to do it its not your fault either

I dont think I want to play a game that I can not be allowed to play because of others' mistakes. And as I said in another post. I have another game I can play that bans people on their actions not on someone elses or on a company's actions!

Well, then everything is cool.

And BTW, this ban is not unfair, because you support a company that doesn't give a shit about what it's customers do.

Yep it sucks that there are people who enjoy spoiling the fun other ones have, in a game and generally irl.

Unfortunately these kind of actions, the ISP bans, have to be taken to prevent having those people spoiling it for all of us. I hope you can convince your ISP of taking measures against the people who caused your ISP to be banned, or that you have another ISP available. And else, that you can find yourself another nice game.

Oh well. I don't think that my ISP is even one of the ones you mentioned. Seeing as I am not the brightest bulb in the box when it comes to computers. No I am not an idiot I just don't look into and learn about computers as that is not what I wish to do in life. Let me know of SBC Yahoo DSL is one of the ISPs you mentioned.

Well that bites cause the only other place I can get internet at is hooked up to SBC too. May I ask what exactly they did that was so wrong. Some Specifics not something like...they did bad things (doesn't help me). I apologize for my whining. Well if you tell me what they did perhaps I will understand why you banned them.

Edit: I just looked through the list and it said Bell South Canada....I do not live in Canada though. I live in the United States. Or is the Bell South Headquarters in Canada and is that what you mean?

Edit(again) That's wierd I just downloaded Eternal Lands because I deleted when I heard I got banned and there really was little I could do about it. But anyway I was able to log on...I am confused now.

Guest Zeplin

If this is a char creation ban, Why not first send an email to the ISP, saying that you are disatisfied they ignored Eternal Lands complaint about abuse of there service by there customers.

And make them take action?

The only reason they ignore EL's request for action is because they arnt looseing out. It takes customers to complain, People who give them money.

Well that bites cause the only other place I can get internet at is hooked up to SBC too. May I ask what exactly they did that was so wrong. Some Specifics not something like...they did bad things (doesn't help me). I apologize for my whining. Well if you tell me what they did perhaps I will understand why you banned them.  

Hmm, spamming, flooding, blocking, cursing, creating characters with mods/newbie helpers names right after the server crash, using trojans to hack other's players computers and create characters from thier computers, etc.

Edit: I just looked through the list and it said Bell South Canada....I do not live in Canada though. I live in the United States. Or is the Bell South Headquarters in Canada and is that what you mean?

The ban was originally for Canada, but apparently that user is also loging in from some US IPs belonging to Bellsouth, so they had to be banned as well.

Edit(again) That's wierd I just downloaded Eternal Lands because I deleted when I heard I got banned and there really was little I could do about it. But anyway I was able to log on...I am confused now.

You heard you got banned but you didn't check? I don't get it.

Ofcourse I checked. Thats how I found out I banned to begin with. I opened up Eternal Lands and it said I was banned. I deleted it after you said there was nothing you can change to allow me to play (in essence that's what you said). But a few days later(a couple days ago) from being banned I decided to try again and see if I could play. And for some strange reason I can play it. That is what I meant when I said I was confused. Now I dont wished to be banned or not allowed to play and I am happy that I can play but i still must ask. How if SBC is banned can I play then?

Yes, SBC (South Bell Corporation) is the ONLY ISP that is totally banned.

Thank the lord in heaven that I switched from SBC Yahoo DSL to regular DSL...