Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The_Piper

<o)))<|

This is a fish.

This is known in german IT forums as a reward for trolls.

Not the half naked brown guys you know from Grubani Peninsula......

A troll is someone who starts threads in forums and hopes to create very long threads. At least, a spammer....

And the reward of a troll is a rotten fish.

"Get your rotten fish and go back to the cave where you came from !!"

And dont disturb others reading here.....

So, how to start a successfull career as a troll? Simple:

Choose an IT forum.

Then choose a cool name.

FritzeMeier, fluffy, potatoe, beerdrinker isnt a cool name for a troll. It must be something like IT-Director, m$-consultant, analyzer, OpenSourceDeveloper or something like that.

Thats your first step.

Then start posting. Start with something simple, like Microsoft rulez"!!!!!111!!!, linux sucks !!!!1111!!!!, Apple is the best !!!!1111!!!.

The important thing is, using buzzwords and a combination of "!" and "1". This is very important.

So, now you are a junior troll and will get replies like "Oh, school is over" and so on. But, at least, no fish ;(

So, create a nice signature, like "yearly income 80.000 Euro (netto!!!)" or "working on 130 MS projects" or "using only OS software and nothing else !!" or "proud Apple user since 1958 !!11!!"

Ok, that looks better....

Then go and make better posts like:

"I have analyzed this/that problem and the only conclusion can be Linux/Apple/M$ rulez!! All other is only a waste of time!!!111" (dont forget a good mixture of "1" and "!". very important)

"Wasting a lot of money is using xxx software. it is absolutely true. I have seen this in many companies, at least!!!1111!!!"

"SCO is absolutely right and bringing all these open source pirates to jail !!!111!!!!"

"Microsoft inspires the whole IT community, so open source developers should be send to jail for stealing intelectual property of MS !!11!!!!"

Good. Now you've made it. The rotten fish will come to you within seconds. Gratz, youre now a real and always beloved troll!

And, if someone catches some rotten fish from me or other ppl in EL or forums, s/he knows now why ;-)

Spamming....

Piper

I thought it looks like my cousin. ( 3 chins and a small head )

:lol: That reminds me a lot of the /. or groklaw trolls ;-)

Not the half naked brown guys you know from Grubani Peninsula......

A troll is someone who starts threads in forums and hopes to create very long threads. At least, a spammer....

1. Dôh, we do have Trolls too, like SKA (look below the av).

2. This belongs in off-topic.

3. <o)))<| <o)))<| <o)))<| It looks like you won the title! For a lifetime! Congratulations, have yourself a party!

*slams the door*

:) !!!!!11~!!1one!!!!!~!!1!elevety-one11!!

Hello.

Troll is NOT a spammer, they do not advertise or something.

For example killerlamb is classic example of troll.

Anyway, The_Piper, why the heack you posted it in General

Chat forum??

Regards.

Heh, fortunately that wasn't my intention with my first point. :(

Afaik, we have two Spammers (as in the definition of "Trolls" in the article) on our forums, Killerlamb indeed, and Toyminator.

Of course we have some Site Admins: Entropy, Roja, Tropicano, and Moonshadow. I hope I didn't miss one..

And we have one other, very special title, and that honour goes to Tumaros, teh Frukas of the forums.

These are the other titles, iirc:

<   10: Newbie

<   25: Rabbit

<   50: White Rabbit

<   75: Deer

<  100: Fox

<  150: Snake

<  225: Boar

<  300: Wolf

<  400: Goblin

<  500: Puma

<  600: Gargoyle

<  700: Bear

<  800: Orc

<  900: Troll

< 1000: Ogre

>=1000: Cyclops

Yup Aisllinn.. I know we miss the point.. ;)

marc was what you said suppose to be an insult O,o

p.s. if u mean the post count, tropicano is a troll also he just got the special duper "site admin" thingy... lucki him

*hands teh banned 0n3na 5 fish*

Damn, I feel honored...

Anyone in the mood for a little <=o|-< sideways Pope?

No SKA, with "Dôh, we do have Trolls too, like SKA" I just meant to say that Piper's post already goes in the wrong direction by introducing a new definition for Troll. I just want to point out to Piper that this forum already has Trolls, definition: forum member with 800-899 posts. No insult there. :shock:

And to clear more things up, why imho Piper's post stinks: too much rotten fish! :P

Nah, but serious, the idea to throw fishes to others, will only cause more spam on this forum. Some post looks a bit like spam? oow let's throw a fish! But the fish itself is also spam, so that asks for a fish from the next visitor of the thread. And I know, this:

Poisson_humour16_asterix.jpgdorp.h10.jpg

(from the originally French comic books of Asterix) is very funny, but imo not on a forum.

Wow, and even I fell for it! :shock: