Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MoonShadow

Make raw meat eatable

My suggestion is simple.

Make raw meat eatable.

Every new player asks if you can eat it and he also wants to know how to heal. The answer to the healing thing is "eat something". Why not make raw meat eatable sincec newbies can get it very easily. Just let it increase the food level by 5.

We would get rid of two questions or at least the answer would be easier.

How do i heal? Eat raw meat! xD

How do i cook raw meat? You don't even need to heal it!!! weee :D

I think everyone who hangs out in channel 1 knows what i am talking about.

lol i know the deal

[newbie]: how do i heal?

[ember]: Eat and wait

[newbie]: how do i eat

[ember]: double right click on food

[newbie]: its not working

[ember]: are you trying to eat RAW meat?

[newbie]: how do i heal?

[ember]: you cant eat RAW meat

it repeats for ever

if not 5 food lvl may be 1 food lvl cuz its raw? its also an incentive for them to lvl up there att/def so we dont have to keep telling the to go kill stuff when they ask

[newbie]: i am new what do i do?

i talked with ent few days ago about this and he said he thinks about it :)

but what is better..if you sell your meat and buy food or if you eat the meat =/..some balancing would be good

Yes, a chance to get poisoned (that could be handled the same way the red snake poisons us)...

Or maybe you could have the option to mix it with a fire essence to cook it...

Although that doesn't help the newb problem...but there should be something we can do with the raw meat other than just sell it.

salmonella ?? poison??

then i better sell my meat and buy some food for it..

its hard enough to find something to heal that i can afford. forget pots...i pick the bread bags at beam up to get some food or money :(

i dont know yet how much i can sell bones and furs for yet...but i dont think i can afford pots or armor with that

As soon as there was a nexus required for summoning (except for the rabbits and so) I stopped summoning, and I think a lot of players also.

Maybe the nexus for summoning should be eliminated.

how about the speed that the food level decreases with is lowerd when your not healing, reading or similar? to say about 1 point pr 10 min rather then 1 point pr min...

:idea: If you eat raw meat, there could be a 20% chance of salmonella poisoning. Your console would display a message: "You got salmonella poisoning!" The effect is that of the Power Hungry perk for 10 minutes.

Or, rather than getting +5 food (or whatever), 20% chance to get a -1 instead (puking). Only you cannot get the -1 if your food level is <=0. If your food level is <=0, and you puke, you simply lose the meat.

if the point of this was to get less questions...i would think a newb who seems to be randomly losing health..will ask even more questions :cry: so poison would be evil

There should be some general error message after clicking on

items that cannot be used like:

"You can't use that item."

Regards.

You never get poisoned when you eat fresh meat, do you?

Sure you do. Parasites live in fresh, live, running around meat. If you want to get some first hand experience, go eat raw pork. Pigs usually have parasites, whereas something like fish or beef are less likely to make you sick.

all animals have a colony of bacteria that lives in their body. to them they are safe and often exist in a kind of symbiotic relationship with the host.

but if the same colony comes into a diffrent race of animals (or maybe just a diffrent animal of the same race) one gets reactions.

i watched a movies the other day about a bacteria that lives in the intestines of most cows and pigs and similar. if it comes into the body of a human you at best get diarèa and dehydration, at worst you get kidney failure B)

this is why raw or badly cooked meat it bad for you.

we humans have a bad habbit of fearing the most crasy stuff while at the same time overlooking dangers in our own back yard. why? lack of knowledge or being so used to it that we no longer think about it...