Sign in to follow this  
giannis

#Declare_war command (for guild use)

DO you like this idea?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. DO you like this idea?

• I love this idea
    • I hate this idea but i don't know why

Ok it came to my attention that the eternal-lands.net has a section on politics and news that is always empty. Simmilarly if you look at guild websites they always have a list with guilds that they are at war with and guilds that they are allied with. Moreover It is funny if you think that there are guilds fighting for the total domination in el... but they are not given a chance to do so.

The way the game is, guilds offfer little to the storyline or the gameplay, although they desperetly try to do so. Having said that i know this post is legthy but plz bare with me ... and i would appreciate any coment you make .... :D

So here comes my suggestion. there should be a new command (declare_war <name>) that declares war to a guild. To prevent abuse and stornger guilds attacking weaker guilds both parties should type the command (you would require a level 19 atleast) once both parties/guild-leaders have typed the command the two Guilds are officialy at war with each other!

What that means is that you can attack members of the opposing guild and they can attack you whenever you meet them in which ever map (except newbee island)

I think that would spice up things a bit.... imagine epic wars infront of the tit mines for control of the resources, or sudden raides near places where guilds mass produce (Hmm... maybe you should not fight near storages)... urban battles for controll of the fruit stand at portland etc. etc.

If ppl don't like fighing ... then they can join a peacefull guild.

In the same spirit there should be as SIRDAN suggested a #ally_guild <name> command (again both parties should agree). Allied guilds enter a war automaticly when their allies enter a war.

Similarly summoned annimals of allied guilds don't attack allies but only enemies.

Fianally after lots and lots of negotiations, and lots and lots of blood 2 guilds can declare peace (#declare_peace <name>) and the hostilities will stop....

I love the idea!

And it should (of course) send a message to notify all members of allied guilds, the guild being declared war on, and allies of the guild being declared war on. The guild that declares the war is the one who does the #declare_war first, so you understand what i'm talking about. :)

Btw, that's not a lengthy post - after all this isn't a chat room. ;)

I agree with Noisy, this is an excellent idea (and it's very well thought out too).

This would bring a whole new aspect and point for guilds. At the moment they're pretty much about having fun together and helping each other, but with this idea, actual battles could be staged where guild members have to work togther to overcome their enemies!

Very cool idea giannis! (but I bet you any money someone will find something wrong with it. :( )

Very cool idea giannis! (but I bet you any money someone will find something wrong with it.  :D )

Yes i know there are a lot of negative ppl out there.. but lets face it you cannot always have the best of two worlds. If something like this is implemented i am sure along with extra fun some extra problems will emerge. That is why i want us to discuss here all the possible scenarios and try to minimize (even theoreticly) cases of potential abuse.

But I guess if ENTROPY or ROJA never read this post... it is of no use discussing :(

[quote name="giannis

But I guess if ENTROPY or ROJA never read this post... it is of no use discussing :(

they are very busy! They have to work' date=' and yet they provide a free game for us and you complain. :roll:

btw, i don't want this to turn into one of those huge discussions!

ok, well, anyway, i think it's a great idea! :D

Send them a PM then... if you dare!  :(

To tell you the truth I am scared of him.... i know if i suggest something that cannot be immplemented (for various reasons) I will get a black ball on ents list and that means my character will get chained at a tree in Grubani and a fluffy will eat part of its leaver everyday :(