Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Black listed ISPs list

Guest Fudor

Hello guys,

I have been an avid mmorpg fan for quite some time and I wanted to try yours, but it seems like my ip range is banned (i'm using sympcatico.ca). I read the whole thread and you guys say you can add static ips to the white list, but would it be possible to add my ip range which has only the last 3 digits changing. It would only unban 256 persons, right? (I'm guessing you can get my ip from the forum, right?)

Thanks for your time

You made valid point here. Usually ISPs are dividing their /16 or some other prefix into local IP classes.

So if sympatico is doing it too it is good idea IMHO...

Regards.

Guest Triped

HEY !!!

I just downloaded the game and now I can't play cuz Bell's my server????

Well that's #%!@£ !!!!!!

Why did you banned a hole server ????????????????????????????????

:D

HEY !!!

I just downloaded the game and now I can't play cuz Bell's my server????

Well that's #%!@£ !!!!!!

Why did you banned a hole server ????????????????????????????????

:rolleyes:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7384 -_- well, at least somebody who reads the pinned topics BEFORE they post -_-

Guest coolgy

this game is gay raceist. <_< Just because i'm in southern canada they go off banning me. :rolleyes: bitches! :wacko:

this game is gay raceist. <_< Just because i'm in southern canada they go off banning me. :angry: bitches! :o

Are you implying that homosexuals are a race, and they all live in southern canada? :blink:

Guest elvenpyro

i just got banned earlier today during the war, with no warning, no character ban, just a plain ip ban. How did this happen, i didn't do anything wrong. PLEASE help me out

:unsure::unsure::(:DB):(:(:(

Guest Eric

I posted this on another thread but...

I just downloaded the game and it said I was IP banned,

My IP addres is 64.229.228.62

PLEASE un ban me, I am posting this because I heard that you banned over half the canadian IPs, guess I was unlucky. ;)

Guest TyrSethal

I am one of the guys who just downloaded the game to try it and was banned. If you ask me seems a little ridiculous to ban a whole area while a game is in beta. I could understand if you were in commercial and these guys were over running the server but thats not the case. Whats the deal with this game then?...So what the abusers come back but they have to start all over from scratch on a new character?....Or maybe you should fix the loopholes/bugs that causing the cheating in the first place.

Tyrsethal, normally the abusers are given plenty of chances to reform, from just taking away exp at first, to deleting characters, to character creation bans, IP bans, and FINALLY...ISP bans. The reason why your ISP was banned was partially because the type of abuse that was being propagated was spamming, flaming and blocking - things any character can do, irregardless of levels. And there were already attempts to solve the problem, and to contact the ISP with a report. They took over a month to respond, and then all they did was to ask for more info when all available info was already given to them. (I'm assuming you're from BellSouth Canada, of course...) It was impossible to ban the abusers specifically, because Bell South Canada uses dynamic IP... so they had to ban whole IP ranges instead.

That's why. There was not much choice left.

-Lyn-

Guest TyrSethal

You banned my IPS for spamming and flamming?...Thats even worse I thought we were banned for hacking. Those types of problems take place in ALL GAMES!!! Spamming should be an easy problem to deal with just put a timer on the messages that player sends. Flaming is flaming you get it anywhere you go players just got to deal with it. The blocking I am not 100% sure what you mean there. Whether it's players blocking areas by standing in a certain spot or something else.

Steps are being taken to be able to allow select people in from those ISP's and a way to allow new players to get in, but in a controlled fashion. I don't know all the details yet, but there is some hope. The first ones to benefit are those already playing that might have lost access.

Well Lyanna, AFAIK (I took a look) Bellsouth Canada gives IP from particual IP classes locally.

So one area has bla.bla.bla.123 and other has bla.bla.bla.bla133 etc. If someone has class /16

(if someone don't know: /16 is DANG ALOT IPs!) he have to be very lame to not divide it into smaller

classes - like /24 and divide into particular areas.

Regards.

Guest Godbane

Hmm ... yeah, sympatico has TERRIBLE coustomer support all while having REALLY SLOW automated messages. I wouldn't expect them to be helpful anytime soon.

I've been really anxious to play the game, but much to my dissapointment, I can't with my current ISP...

But I think I MAY have a static IP, I never disconnect from the internet, its always on. If that does mean I have a static IP, does that mean you could please unban me?

:P:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

IP = 64.230.181.116

Guest Guest_FuN_KilleR

k listen...i really wanna play but im with bell...plz unban us we are alot that wanna play...so im askin plz unban us...