Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Black listed ISPs list

Stiky now.

Let's hope this list will always be short. BTW, I had to add yet another big IP range to the Bell South Canada.

Guest Nassir

Here, in Italy, all ISP give to their users only dynamic IP. I wonder, if someone from here behave like an idiot, we will banned all? I hope no! :P

Bye!

Nassir

Usually we do not ban ISPs unless there is a LOT of abuse from it, and their admins do not care about it. Even so, we first resort to a character creation ban, so the players who are playing already won't be affected, but new characters can't be created from it.

Another suggestion: I think the ban message for an ISP ban should be different than that of an IP ban. It's confusing people.

I don't know how much of the Bellsouth is, I banned only the C classes that were abused. There might be additional unbanned classes, my target being to isolate the abusers, not to totally ban an ISP.

Guest Illusion

Hi i was wondering what is up with this...

I get this when i click on Eternal lands icon

Your ip is banned. etc etc

How can I be banned if I haven't even entered the game

Btw IS The canadian ISP Bell Sympatico on the south canada ban list?

(or sumtin like that)

My suggestion is: Everyone from Bellsouth Canada who wants to play are starting annoying their abuse

team to move their asses and deal with abuse FAST because you want play your favorite game.

Anyway personally no idea why there is whole ISP banned, character creation ban was insufficient?

Regards.

Guest Icewolf

The hell? An ISP ban doesn't make sense. It's unfair to the people from that ISP(and there is a lot of them...myself being one of them), just because 1 or 2 people with their dynamic IP's countinually abuse the system....the bastards. I was looking forward to something new, read all the rules, the manual, heck, I even read the license. But to be confronted with the "Your IP is banned", coming here, and noting that my ISP is banned because of a couple stupid people, is something which shouldn't happen to anyone...ever. Sorry about the language.

Guest Tallus

Today after finally getting my high speed to work i try to log on only to discover my ip is banned. I think it is in the range of banned ip's. Is there anyway of getting this appealed?

If you have a static IP, then we can put it on our white list. Otherwise there is no way to prevent that, save for writting to your ISP and ask them to take our abuse reports more seriously. If I get an e-mail from them promising that in the future they will actually do something (in a reasonable amount of time) from when we e-mail them, then I will lift this ban.

Guest katani

If I am understanding this right... the entire ISP from Bell South Canada has been banned permantly for what a few abuser did and instead of banning the guilty party you banned a huge population that happens to live in the same area of the country as a couple of bad people? If this was a place of employment and you told everyone just because they lived in that area they can not be employed... that is prejudice and.. well most would say law suit!! But this is just a game and although you will make alot of potential customers leave before you can even benefit from them. That is so unfair to so many upstanding players that found this game and enjoyed it and could be possible money when it is no longer free but by doing this you will be hurting yourself. My friend and I happened across this game 4 days ago and we have enjoyed it very much and now my friend is banned and he has done nothing wrong. If you do not take care of the abusers with out hurting the players that are good and honest then in my opinion it doesnt say very much about the game or the creators. I hope you can and will deal with abuse fairly and not keep innocent people from playing a game they they once enjoyed.