Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fred_penner

Interesting (perhaps) lavatory observation

Let me start by saying that on occasion I do strange things and I don't know why.

For example, I haven't cut the grass around my house in about 3 weeks. It's long, going to seed and has a few weeds in it. I'm sure the neighbours hate it; I know my mother-in-law does. The house would look unoccupied if not for the fact that my kids play outside and I keep coming and going from work.

My problem is, I can't bring myself to cut it. I've cut it plenty of times before, but for some reason I just want to see what'll happen if I don't cut it - for a long time. I (and just about anyone) can guess what the result will be, but there's something in me that wants to see it.

So today at work, in the washroom, I turned on the facet to wash my hands and I didn't turn it off. I dried my hands and left, feeling very conscience of the fact that the water was still running.

I sat at my desk wondering how long it would run for.

A few hours passed and I went back to the washroom (having forgotten about leaving the water running) and when I got there, the faucet was still open. The water was still on.

I went into the handicap stall (the nice big one - I like to have room to work) and stood there to consider the faucet. FYI: You can't just stand around in a mens washroom, you have to do it in a stall or people think you're weird.

During my time there, someone else came into the washroom. He used a urinal, washed his hands (at a different faucet that "mine") and left.

Not only did he turn on and use a seperate faucet, he didn't turn off the running faucet.

I guess there's many reasons why he wouldn't turn it off: maybe he figures the maintenance people are doing something, or perhaps he fears it's attached to a bomb or something. Maybe he figures that the last guy to touch it died (and the body has since been removed) and whatever horrible germ killed him may still be lurking on the faucet handle.

Anyhow, I left the washroom and the faucet (open) and I'm back here at my desk writing this, wondering if anyone will ever turn off the water. I suppose eventually a maintenance person will when they inspect the washroom.

The point is, I found it kind of interesting that the guy who came into the washroom after me didn't turn off the water. And of all the other people who came and went after I left it running, noone turned it off.

People are strange.

i know a way to cut your lawn its a simple and sometimes exspensive solution ready for it? get a dirtbike!! youll still piss the neighborhs off and youll have more fun doing it!

i used to do that all the time till the school put in those one where you gota hold it down

Our washroom looks like a showroom for faucets. Each sink (there are 3) has a different type of faucet and taps attached to it.

FYI: I checked the washroom on my way out at the end of the day. The faucet was off. Kinda spooked me.

I NEVER understood why the americans HAVE to cut their grass. WTF is wrong with having some big, nice grass? It's not like it never stops growing, you know?

If/when I'll buy a house, I'll try to make it as shitty looking as possible, to decrease it's value->pay less tax. Because the state punishes you for improving your house exterior (they want more tax if you do that).

But then some basterd neighbor sues you for lowering there property value by haveing a shabby looking house. Btw very interesting story fred :P :lol:

And I will tell that neighbour to suck my dick, it's my hosue and I do whatever the fuck I want with it (as long as it's not against the community laws).

lmao :P He'd probably try to sue you for harrassment then...for some reason the things ppl can sue over is what bothers me most over ..almost anything. I wanna sue someone for somethin stupid then sue the judge for letting me get away with that sue...although im sure that wouldnt work :?

you wont get sued youll get in trouble tho i remember there was a house for sale and a guy was stickign a camera over peoples fences and taking pictures of there yard so they can complain about shit that wasent up to code or cars that werent registed sitting in the yard witch you can only legaly have one i belive

anyways its very anooying when you live in a shitty neighbor hood and people complain about your house but yet theres a bodega behinde my house that chops there meat outside out back where all the customers take shits (right on the ground) and theres a shitload of rats up there and no1 fucking cares!! i mean WTF!!???? just cause my house looks shitty cause we cant aford beter new shit doesent mean you should complain meanwhile the bodega is nowhere near up to fuckign code man this town sucks i cant wait to move!!

the fact is people will do anything for money cause there greedy little assholes :wink:

My nextdoor neighbour parks over the sidewalk all the time. The by-laws in my town prohibit stopping over the side walk.

I have 2 kids, and this guy would block the sidewalk while they're riding their bikes up and down the street, etc. He's a real dick. One time he pulled in and parked on the sidewalk in front of me and my kids and I asked him to move. He said "no problem" he'd move after he put the groceries in the house. He went inside and never came back out. Dick. Dick. Dick.

Anyhow, I took pictures, sent them to council with letters, and nothing ever happened. Useless politicians.

Then a dream comes true:

My younger sister starts dating one of the by-law officers in town.

Now my neighbour gets a ticket whenever I make a phone call. That's right, fear me.

My sister's new b/f even offered to sign a few tickets and leave them for me to drop on my neighbour's car when he parks on the sidewalk, but I declined: that might get the b/f in trouble at work, and I don't want to lose this connection.

Moral of the story: Got a problem? Get your sister to date a solution.

ps. The by-law man got my sister pregnant too. Now I own Mr. By-law, and my neighbour. I'm thinking of starting my own by-law mafia.

no move in my town so 3 black guys can jump you.. o wait my town sucks i suggest if you move anywhere move to like one of those states where theres lots of fresh land ya know so your neighbors are 1 mile down the road also its alot easier to ride your dirtbikes when your neighbor can bearly hear them

newyork not in the city tho i hear alot of things that are either gunshots or fireworks and i hear at least 1 siren from a cop car a hour its the worst fuckign place never move here taxes go up and crim goes rite with um

Heard this story from my gf's mom a few weeks ago:

There's this guy that lives in the old part of Atlanta. Ante bellum houses and all that. The historical society there forbids people from making modifications to their houses that would ruin their historic value. I think you have to sign a contract with them when you move in, or something. Anyway, the steps on his house were starting to decay (these houses are 100+ years old. it happens). So he submitted the paperwork with the historical society to let him replace the steps. They refused. He got pissed. Apparently, the contract allows you to paint your house as you see fit. So . . . he painted his house bright pink or chartruese or some other god-awful color, with purple polka-dots. The ENTIRE house. They decided to let him rebuild his steps.

While we're on the topic of home-stories, here's one I heard a few (10?!) years ago.

When I was 16 my Dad got me a job working at a meat packing plant. One of my jobs was to assist the delivery drivers, so I'd ride along and help on deliveries.

This one driver told me a story: His neighbour had a pit bull and kept him chained on the front lawn. The dog would bark and snap at his kids. So he went to the cops and explained the situation.

The cop said there was nothing they could do, since the dog was on his own property. They could only do something if the dog actaully threatened or hurt someone. The cop says, off the record, if you happen to be walking by and the dog threatens your kids, you could do something about it then.

So, my driver friend explains to me that one day he just happens to be walking to the park to play some baseball with his kids. They walked past the dog and it ran at him and his kids, barking all the way. Having the baseball bat handy, he defended his kids by knocking the dog on the head a few times. Bye bye pooch. The neighbour argued (as much as you argue with a guy with a bat) and the cops came. Result: simple self-defense, sorry pal, get a new dog.

And this driver guy was a real hard ass too. I believe him. He told me another story about getting jumped in the subway one time with his wife, and he was really amused that the jumpers didn't know he delivered (and lifted) 60lb boxes of meat everyday for a living. Built like a brick craphouse, he tore a few new a-holes and walked away.

Just thought I'd share.

ps. Packing meat was the hardest and most enlightening job I ever had. Now that I've done it, I know that I CAN do it, and that I don't WANT to do it for a career. Parental advice: get your kids a shitty job. It helps.

I guess there's many reasons why he wouldn't turn it off: maybe he figures the maintenance people are doing something, or perhaps he fears it's attached to a bomb or something. Maybe he figures that the last guy to touch it died (and the body has since been removed) and whatever horrible germ killed him may still be lurking on the faucet handle.

He's a man, that's why :P Men are lazy pigs :twisted:

He's a man, that's why :P Men are lazy pigs :twisted:
No we're not.

And you're a...

um...

whew....

oh forget it...

(Got a little winded there. Whewow!... I'll be ok).

Hmmm.... it waited 3 weeks Fred?

Is that all?

*Goes and gets camera, takes picture of lawn* (Yah, it's 437 kb, but jpg failed to properly capture the moment).

Look here, young jedi :D :

lawn.JPG

Feel my wrath :P

(BTW, that's a real picture of my lawn...and the wooden things? They're six-foot tall railroad ties. Seriously.)

its taking sooo long to load i cant even see it :D

o it loaded thats not that big if i dont cut the lawn for a week it gets bigger maby because my lawn is crabgrass

Erm, Let me make that jpg then... :? :shock:

Edit: Your lawn is 8 feet tall? sirDan, that grass has never been touched by a mower :shock: (Too busy playing EL.)

(BTW, that's a real picture of my lawn...and the wooden things? They're six-foot tall railroad ties. Seriously.)

your lawn? that's more like a huge field..no one expects you to cut that..although some people do but i'd say that's crazy :D