Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fred_penner

Put some fear back into the Underworld

or how about when karma is implemented you get bad karma for every minet down there

Is there a Karma system actualy going to be implemented?? has ent agreed to this? ( i hope he did) but last time i checked he was against it :P

If the underworld extended to the south (with exit in the north), u could have harder demons the further down u went. And the higher lvl u are the further soutrh u appear when u die.

Great idea, just what i was thinking. :>

:idea: I have a better idea. Just have demons around, and if you run into one, It will give you some sort of dialog, and you will be turned into a Wererabbit for a minute. It will not do any real damage to you except that you cannot pick up items or cast magic for that one minute. A great way to scare newbies.

Maybe you could just make it a simple PK map for players. Give the characters that die a different look when they go down there, like zombieish or something?

:idea: I have a better idea. Just have demons around, and if you run into one, It will give you some sort of dialog, and you will be turned into a Wererabbit for a minute. It will not do any real damage to you except that you cannot pick up items or cast magic for that one minute. A great way to scare newbies.

I want to do this so badly.........

how about this?: make hell explorable from a secret beam point on some map but instead of hell like it is now hell like described in the Devine Comedy (the book by Dante Alighieri describing his passage through hell). have the first level the one newbs are sent to to get out but have oh maybe 4 other levels of hell that have stronger demons the further you go down. and instead of lucifer at the bottom have mortos! that way noone gets offended (no lawsuits).And for followers of mortos after finnishing all quests above ground they can get quests from their god himself or followers of aluwen can momentarilly smite him. and to make it fair aluwen as "creator" of the world(not true ent roja and some other ppl too many to name created the world and el) has a heaven where there are angels wandering around instead of demons (duh) and same idea as above with mortos followers.and for other gods like manu god could have a giant workshop or something and if a harvest god is ever made a giant field of corn and precious metals and gems and all available from secret beam points.(kinda like the hidden rooms in VC)

wow i rambled alot just there.hmm well these are some ideas ive had since the first time i went to hell and now they are here for you all to debate upon. enjoy!!!

I think the idea of being able to be killed while leaving helll would be ...well not a good idea even if you didn't lose stuff. Everything else seems alright though...but that would just piss ppl off way more then scare them.

I thought I mentioned it, but maybe not: If you get killed in the underworld you don't lose anything.

Hate to disagree, but you're wrong. I got killed by a red snake in DP and went to the under world. The poison started taking affect AFTER I died and I died again in the underworld. I went back to get what I dropped in the underworld when I died. So you CAN lose items if you die in the underworld. :P

he was suggesting that it would be changed so that you can't lose items when dying there.

this is simple, add shreiking sounds in the background at random volumes and random times. (scare the shit out of people) and have that dragon skull move occasionally.

have more ways to get to the exit, like 15 different tunnels. make it like a maze like CC (which alot of people avoid because they are teh scared of getting lost :))

and so as to keep newbies, raise the minimum hell requirement lv to 15.

wouldnt hurt to add some demonic voices too ;D

But THEN what would we tell newbs stuck in hell as far as getting out?

wow...my post was completely ignored :shock: ....and i thought it might raise some stimulating debate.... then again it reminds me of my class...(all of the other guys voted a girl we havent even known save for 3 days (at the very most) into class president just because she is hot...(she beat me by only 2 votes and she has absolutly no clue as to what she is doing)) also seems as if they just recently discovered that their penises erect! :shock: :lol:

I say just make Hell a PK map.

:/

People can avoid other people... they just need to watch.

And that'd also put fear into hell too.

And I'll be practically living in hell now. I just spent like 10 minutes trying to get out of hell with Hellspawn... and just kept reapearing at the beginning..

we need some playas to kill.

There should be something down there that can cause some real inconvenience. A real reason why you really don't want to get killed.

THERE IS A REASON! you loose your items lol it sucks that you loose them so why would you want to get killed and go there in the first place

Yep, that would very unfair on low levelled players.  

And anyway, what happens once you die in Hell?  :?:

same thing that happens when you die outside it.

if the underworld was a PK map, then higher level people WOULD just sit down there and wait at the spawns for new/lower people to die.. causing all of those newer people to quit... :/

People can avoid other people... they just need to watch.

Not when people are camping at the exit all day for the sole purpose of pissing others off killing them.