Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fred_penner

Put some fear back into the Underworld

The underworld isn't scary. When you get killed, you walk out and that's it. We need some demons, baby!

Add a few demons down there. They don't even have to be that strong (since your mat points are already depleted). And that would also avoid people trying to use them for levelling.

If a demon nails you, you start back at the beginning of the Underworld. And since you drop your stuff in the underworld, so you can go look for it (if you dare!).

This way, people would be more inclined to stay out of the Underworld, since it is possible that you could get stuck down there by being repeatedly pk'ed by a demon.

would be kinda unfair to noob who just start and they go there get killed 6 times say fuck this game....so maybe have demons chained up if you get too close they can attack something liek that :P

The underworld isn't scary. When you get killed, you walk out and that's it. We need some demons, baby!

Add a few demons down there. They don't even have to be that strong (since your mat points are already depleted). And that would also avoid people trying to use them for levelling.  

If a demon nails you, you start back at the beginning of the Underworld. And since you drop your stuff in the underworld, so you can go look for it (if you dare!).

This way, people would be more inclined to stay out of the Underworld, since it is possible that you could get stuck down there by being repeatedly pk'ed by a demon.

We already have something like that in the game, its called Hellspawn, but without the creatures.

Would be another great reason for getting the mm-perk. I like the idea :P

would be kinda unfair to noob who just start and they go there get killed 6 times say smeg this game....so maybe have demons chained up if you get too close they can attack something liek that   :P

There is that to consider. However, noobs don't go to the underworld for the first while, right? Maybe the server needs to spout a "#hint" to each player the first time they go to the underworld, just to warn them.

how about the demons just walk around and dont attack people? that would be scary for a newb who just went to hell for the first time, but it wouldnt get real annoying

i suggested somewhere that we should have demons but they have whips and the whips stunn you for like 3 seconds

i suggested somewhere that we should have demons but they have whips and the whips stunn you for like 3 seconds

That's a good idea too.

The point is, it used to be a bit of pain when you went to the underworld: You had to find your way out. Pretty soon you realise you can just walk north. Now there's a map of the underworld and autowalk just makes it way to easy to get out.

There should be something down there that can cause some real inconvenience. A real reason why you really don't want to get killed.

Hello.

How about some penalty in the Underworld? That you have to stay there some time and you

are guarded by daemon, that will not attack you but it also will not let you out and it would

loose his health till it will not die and let you pass. Some people when are dying for example

on PK ho to Underworld with part of armor and BR potions so they can use it, kill deamon

and go out earlier.

Regards.

Dunno if this is possible, but how about demons in the underworld whose stats depend on who they're fighting? Power sucking demons, that adjust themselves to your levels :twisted:

Be funnier to have unkillable Demons that don't attack anyone, or take one swing but never hit (never add to exp or do damage either).

screw the whole idea :evil:

if u got trapped down there on a crappy computer like mine then its already hard enugh to get out since i cant see a damn thing

and that won't reduce hellspawn beacause people will still fight animals and die

or do u want people to stop fighting entirly :evil:

Just use next's char there it would scare the living shit out of many ppl :lol:

If the underworld extended to the south (with exit in the north), u could have harder demons the further down u went. And the higher lvl u are the further soutrh u appear when u die.

How about putting a maze like the invisible maze in VC.... i mean it will be time consuming for ppl to pass ( or so i think) , and will make death a bit more unpleasant :)

How about putting a maze like the invisible maze in VC.... i mean it will be time consuming for ppl to pass ( or so i think) , and will make death a bit more unpleasant :)
ppl will pass it with autowalker :roll:

ppl will pass it with autowalker  :roll:

I don't think they could, actually. You can't auto-walk all the way through the maze in VC.

But this idea just slows you down, it doesn't make it scarier. It just makes hell a pain in the ass. I think we need some fear down there, some good monsters that you don't see anywhere else.

Maybe even recycle some animals and make them agressive. Like hell is where all the bunnies you killed as a noob come back to haunt you. Think of it: masses of agressive bunnies that attack you! Make it a multiple player fighting map, and you could get overwhelmed by the bunnies!

That would lead 2 Bag Vultures.... people who wait in the underworld for some people 2 pass GET killed LOSE more stuff and they pick it up

Reaction: more people go and quit cuz they cant get OUT of the underworld for an hour orso NO thanx

AND get killed EVEN more times and lose MORE stuff? NO DAMN WAY!

SCRAP that idea... (sorry 2 object Fred but this is One idea i DONT like..

and for the record.... demons dont PK they just KILL ROFLMFAO;)

That would lead 2 Bag Vultures.... people who wait in the underworld for some people 2 pass GET killed LOSE more stuff and they pick it up

I thought I mentioned it, but maybe not: If you get killed in the underworld you don't lose anything.