Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bluedragon

Materials

If anyone is familiar with the game 'Vagrant story' by Squaresoft for the ps1 they will know what i mean by this.

Basically each material has its own properties, strengths, weakness, etc..

So if we could make any object out of most materials it gives lots more variety in armour/weapons. Better materials you might only be able to work at higher manufacturing lvls.

eg) rabbit and beaver furs u can work at the starter lvls.

eg2) u could make ur armor totally of rabbit fur if u wanted (it'd be rubbish, but u could do it).

This would also mean that lower lvls don't have to make hundreds of pairs of fur gloves to up their manufacturing.

-Bluedragon

well im mostly negative about just about everything :D

but i think u have a really good idea but i think that u should be able to cut tress down with an axe and like after 2-3 minutes the tree is back and then with the wood u get u can also make things like wooden shields and quater staffs and basically anything made of wood. alos the higher wood cutting lvl u have the better the trees u can cut ( exm. maple/oak)instead of normal trees :)

well im mostly negative about just about everything  :D  

but i think u have a really good idea but i think that u should be able to cut tress down with an axe and like after 2-3 minutes the tree is back and then with the wood u get u can also make things like wooden shields and quater staffs and basically anything made of wood. alos the higher wood cutting lvl u have the better the trees u can cut ( exm. maple/oak)instead of normal trees :)

hmmm how about the axe makes it easier to chop the tree down than a sword? and then it falls down and anybody can take pieces of wood, then the tree respawns after a while?

well im mostly negative about just about everything  :D  

but i think u have a really good idea but i think that u should be able to cut tress down with an axe and like after 2-3 minutes the tree is back and then with the wood u get u can also make things like wooden shields and quater staffs and basically anything made of wood. alos the higher wood cutting lvl u have the better the trees u can cut ( exm. maple/oak)instead of normal trees :D

hmmm how about the axe makes it easier to chop the tree down than a sword? and then it falls down and anybody can take pieces of wood, then the tree respawns after a while?

It's already been decided that wood will be sold at mills....This was a while ago, though.

what if rabbit fur was used to make some sort of padding for the armor and helps cut down on how much exp you lose when wereing armor, I suppose the rabbit padding would were and tare alot faster then normal though

You could also have certain materials being more effective against certain creatures, like silver, for example, is usually used to kill unholy things (ie: undead).

While some would just have its own charateristics for To Hit, Def., Att, etc...

These in turn would be modified by the characteristics of the specific weapon or armour you were making it into.

what if rabbit fur was used to make some sort of padding for the armor and helps cut down on how much exp you lose when wereing armor, I suppose the rabbit padding would were and tare alot faster then normal though

there isnt any xp loss for wearing armor. only weaps.

well im mostly negative about just about everything  :(  

but i think u have a really good idea but i think that u should be able to cut tress down with an axe and like after 2-3 minutes the tree is back and then with the wood u get u can also make things like wooden shields and quater staffs and basically anything made of wood. alos the higher wood cutting lvl u have the better the trees u can cut ( exm. maple/oak)instead of normal trees B)

*Cough* Runescape *Cough

(not that i say its a BAD idea cuz i LIKE IT)