Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vartican

anime

i hope someone recommended vampire hunter d because if you've never seen that, your not an anime fan. Trigun is awesome. Watch spirited away. amazing

I highly recommend Fooly Cooly AKA FLCL AKA Furi Kuri, thats gotta be one of the funniest anime's I've ever seen...Only 5 or 6 episodes but you'll hafta watch the whole thing more than once to really undertsand it.

anyone here a fan of escaflowne or azumanga dioh? some cowboy bebop stuff would be appreciated to.

man i'm good at murdering threads accidentally...what is everyones problem with me???

dbz is actually with the guy who thought up dragon ball. db GT is one that the studio did kinda behind his back.i dont remember name of studio or creator and am to lazy to try looking it up thru google. :)

:w00t:

*blows dust off thread*

I know this is an old thread but I'd be caned if I didn't use the search feature. :blush:

I like anime and here's a list of what I watched.

Azumanga Daioh, Scrapped Princess, Elfin Lied, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Alchemist Movie, Chobits, Hellsing, Bleach, Naruto (stopped before it got crap), Samurai Champloo, Samurai Deeper yo, Midori ni Hori, Samurai 7, Rizelmine 1 & 2, Furi Kuri (FLCL), AD Police, Monster City, Wicked City, Basalisk, Chobits, Onegai Teacher, Golgo 13: The Professional, Street Fighter 2: The Movie (Jap vers), Street Fighter Alpha, Ninja Scroll (and the series), Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle, Akira, Ghost in the Shell (1 & 2), Bakuretsu Tenshi, Last Exile, Onegai Twins, Full Moon Wo Sagashite :cry: , Melanchony of Haruhi Suzumiya, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien :cry: , (GunGrave), (Gunslinger Girl).

I got most from a mate who's got 4x the internet speeds I got so I can't download anything super major. I haven't read manga so its something I wanna start at ;) Some of you veterans may notice that I don't watch Hentai. I don't watch them on YouTube either. And since I'm taking some time out of the game. I'm getting bored and I want more anime to watch.

If anyone has any recommendations than post away :wub:

and also if anyone can convince Vart to set up his ftp then thx :hug:

BTW: DON'T EVER WATCH DUBBED ANIME unless you have no other choice. Watch it in Jap. :P

Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle

You haven't watched Castle in the Sky (laputa)? *smack*

I love Miyazaki 's stuff. :P

Edited by Terena

*blows dust off thread*

I know this is an old thread but I'd be caned if I didn't use the search feature. :P

Azumanga Daioh, Scrapped Princess, Elfin Lied, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Alchemist Movie, Chobits, Hellsing, Bleach, Naruto (stopped before it got crap), Samurai Champloo, Samurai Deeper yo, Midori ni Hori, Samurai 7, Rizelmine 1 & 2, Furi Kuri (FLCL), AD Police, Monster City, Wicked City, Basalisk, Chobits, Onegai Teacher, Golgo 13: The Professional, Street Fighter 2: The Movie (Jap vers), Street Fighter Alpha, Ninja Scroll (and the series), Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle, Akira, Ghost in the Shell (1 & 2), Bakuretsu Tenshi, Last Exile, Onegai Twins, Full Moon Wo Sagashite :cry: , Melanchony of Haruhi Suzumiya, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien :cry: , (GunGrave), (Gunslinger Girl).

I got most from a mate who's got 4x the internet speeds I got so I can't download anything super major. I haven't read manga so its something I wanna start at ;) Some of you veterans may notice that I don't watch Hentai. I don't watch them on YouTube either. And since I'm taking some time out of the game. I'm getting bored and I want more anime to watch.

BTW: DON'T EVER WATCH DUBBED ANIME unless you have no other choice. Watch it in Jap. :P

lol, did I make you post this? O_O

I watched ths first episode of Trinity Blood...

Mu opinion still stands.

I always watch Record Lodoss. I hate the chibi crap they put in at the end though.

Record Lodoss theme:

Edited by LoneWolfStrider

lol Jjk. No...our convo on offtopic happened after I posted this.

Raven, I'm gonna bug my mate to give me Berserk.

Terena. I put it on my list.

Blee...I hope thats a joke. Pokemon is cruddy and DBZ was even worse.

LWS. I'll check it out.

*blows dust off thread*

I know this is an old thread but I'd be caned if I didn't use the search feature. :blush:

most of the anime u talk about i like 2 .... my favorate is Full METAL Alchemist , Chobits (chii :P ) ,Naruto (be4 the filler) , midori no hibi

if u want some suggestion :

Hajjimi no ippo (boxing anime but kinda kool ... try it , i strongly recommend it )

death note ..very new anime (only 3 episod till now of anime and a lot of manga ) www.death-notes.com

very intersting story ....

and about the dubbed anime u r sooooo true .... Jap r0x :happy: ...

I'm more of a manga than anime fan (100+ manga series compared to ~30 anime series), but nevertheless I would suggest some of the following anime:

Full Metal Panic series: Three seasons aired so far - Full Metal Panic, Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, and Full Metal Panic - The Second Raid. The first season is mecha action/adventure, the second is high school romantic comedy episodes set in-between the events of the first season, and the third season is a continuation of the story. (Very likely there's going to be a fourth season, eventually...). The story is simple. Sagara Sousuke, a teenage mercenary who has known nothing but war since his childhood, is sent undercover to Jindai High School to protect Kaname Chidori, a normal high school girl whom some terrorist organizations are targeting. Chidori is rumoured to be a Whispered - one of the very few people who have knowledge of advanced 'black' technology locked away in their heads unknown to their own selves. Sousuke works as a mecha pilot for MITHRIL, an anti-terrorist organization whose objectives centre around using the 'black' technology of its own Whispered to protect others. Unfortunately, Sousuke is probably one of the worst undercover agents in history, as he has absolutely no idea how to behave in a normal everyday high school setting. Watch the relationship between Chidori and Sousuke grow over the course of three seasons (and then you can go on to read the translated light novels! :D)

School Rumble series: Two seasons and two OVAs aired so far. High school romantic comedy, along the lines of Azumanga Daioh and Suzumiya Haruhi. Possibly the closest successor to Ranma 1/2 I've seen in a long while. Tsukamoto Tenma is your average high school girl - a little ditzy - who is in love with the blandest guy in her class, Karasuma Ooji. Harima Kenji is a notorious high school delinquent - who is in love with Tsukamoto Tenma! Both of them are struggling to find a way to convey their love to their respective targets of affection, and the resulting insanity draws in everyone - friends, classmates, and strangers - into a tangled web of relationships that's as funny as it is action-packed. Love truly becomes a war in this story! I guarantee you, if you watch this series through, you'll end up with a favourite pairing (and believe me, there are a lot of them!) to root for.

Fruits Basket: This is a shoujo classic by now. If you were okay with Full Moon wo Sagashite, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien and Gunslinger Girl, you'll definitely like this series. I have rarely found an anime series which was as able to touch the heart as well as this one. Half-comedy and half-bittersweet tragedy, Fruits Basket tells the story of Honda Tohru, a simple high school girl, and her encounters with the Sohma family. The Sohma family is placed under a secret curse - whenever one of them is hugged by a member of the opposite sex, they turn into one of the animals of the Chinese zodiac (cow, horse, dog, rabbit, etc.). What sort of relationships can you form if you can never come into physical contact with someone of the opposite sex - including your parents, family, and friends? (Momiji's story was especially sad and beautiful.)

That will do for now, I think. There are plenty more, of course, but let's see whether you like these first. You can get anime HTTP downloads (in small file sizes of <60MB) from the following places:

AnimeStash

Chosen Anime

I'll save manga recommendations for another day, when I have more time. For now, if you want to get a preview of different manga series, I recommend MangaVolume, which is an online manga viewer with about 270 series available.

~Shouja~

EDIT: :smackhead: I can't believe Cowboy Bebop wasn't mentioned. If you liked Akira and Samurai Champloo, you'll absolutely love the Cowboy Bebop anime. Futuristic story about bounty hunters in space. Action/adventure, all to the music of jazz and bebop.

EDIT 2: Hajime no Ippo manga is better than the anime. :)

Edited by Shouja