Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jojomama68

sheaths?

if/ when bows are implemented will players be able to buy those things for their arrows to go in? (don't know their name :( )

Omg...it has a name...I forgot it too...

...is it sheath? No...it's an s word...GAH! On the tip of my tongue...

~EDIT~

Quiver?

No, i think a quiver is the feathery thing on an arrow. As for the Arrow bag, i have no idea what the name is...

I think quiver is correct for the arrow carrier.

I think the feathers are "fletching". A fletcher is one who makes arrows.

I remember it from zelda, I quested for 2 hours getting the large quiver to hold, I think it was 60 but I believe its 99 in majoras mask.

Diablo II had 250-350 (depending on if its LOD or not)

and 150-250

I think thats a good ammount w/o getting annoying.

BTW: Don't make it some you can pick up old arrows, thats annoying as hell

Which zelda? Legend of Link or Orcarina(sp, sorry I am not a nintendo 64 zelda fan) I think Orc. is a remake, but I dunno *blah blah* YOUR A BITCH

ya it was toot, not sure of the numbers though. I played a game where if you shot arrows and they hit the target they stayed in the target for a while if you killed it you can take your arrows out and use em again (if they didn't break)

=D nice sense of gore.

I think there should be magical sheaths though. Like you keep your sword in your sheath for 5 minutes and then if you take it out it has +5 flame damage. Then after you use it it goes to +4 then +3 +2 +1 burned out. The +Fire damage could go before the description in blue or green. (It wouldn't HAVE to be elemental damage, just be cooler though)

Another interesting use for Sheaths:

Interchangable Weapons! You could basicly have two weapons equiped as long as you are wearing a Sheath. While you have a Sword Sheathed, you could either have you're hands free to do other stuff or you could hold certain Tools or Weapons (such as a Bow). You could have the game automaticly switch the two (Tools wouldn't likely go to the Sheath though) at a push of a button.

I hate keep going back into the Inventory each time you want to switch your Tools/Weapons! Actually, this Idea goes more to just a Button activated Switching of Tool and Weapon and not so much to the sheath Idea but using a Sheath would be an interesting way to accomplish this!

That's a great idea...and then of course if you preferred scimitars, it would take up both sheaths...but if you had, say, a steel two edge and a steel long, then you could change between those, AND if you had a bow, that too. :? Cozy, isn't it?

Certain sheaths could dull baldes while others enchant them! Brilliant idea Killerlamb. Wht do they call you a spammer anyways? All you do is try to help people...