Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bathory

Cancel Reading option

Ok, yeah, the nexus idea was kinda crappy... :P

How about research points should be lost entirely, and the whole book too. Only if it is a rare book does it stay in your inventory.

???

Hi,

sry for bringing a cadaver also, but what happend with that?

Its possible to implement a #cancel_reading?

For me it would b fear if u loose then the book and the time. Cancell a lecture has to b expensive from my point of view.

You should think twice before you start to read a book, do you really need it now or can it wait, if you start to read a book you should have to stick with it.

You can always sit in the fast reading room to get rid of it faster ;)

With large books most people can not finish it in a game day and if the next day is a special one sometimes you are screwed. Maybe a suspend reading instead option.

With large books most people can not finish it in a game day and if the next day is a special one sometimes you are screwed. Maybe a suspend reading instead option.

And thats why you should think twice before you start reading a book...

the only problem to this is on those days where you can instantly read books, this feature would be abused since you can just keep canceling and re-reading.

the only problem to this is on those days where you can instantly read books, this feature would be abused since you can just keep canceling and re-reading.

Not quite, u start reading book is gone, u cancel u need new book, unless someone is willing to spend a lot gc. And there can be a cooldown if u cancel, so u need to wait 1-2 ingame hours to start reading new. Or disable cancel option on "Print day".

Edited by Torr

Heh. Make it so you have to go to the library to cancel reading and the book might have been checked out and if it is, you are out one book. lol

I agree with this formula

(Research Points Read)*(Rationality/100)

please you cannot have more than 48 rationality lol

and for those special days I would give simple add penality cannot cancel book for that day

Well it seems like here are the possible suggestions:

1. lose the knowledge and keep the book

2. lose the knowledge AND the book

3. The book goes back to the library when you cancel and you keep the knowledge

4. Use of a "book slot" so you can start/stop whenever

I personally think number 4 sounds like a good idea and is realistic in this case. Although, i still am concerned on the instant read day. If this idea is implemented, how will players not abuse the special day?

I personally think number 4 sounds like a good idea and is realistic in this case. Although, i still am concerned on the instant read day. If this idea is implemented, how will players not abuse the special day?

and for those special days I would give simple add penality cannot cancel book for that day

am I ignored everywhere???'

can anyone see my posts?

I wrote this 1 post before you the solution for that special day

As i've said before Think before starting to read a book but if a cancelling option would be implemented you should lose Both the book and the knowledge gained til the book was cancelled, it should hurt being a dumbass that starts reading the wrong book :P

There really is no point to this. It's a long-running game, if you start reading a book it's for a reason and you're going to need it eventually. Need to read a book to do something but another is in progress? Just do something else until you can read it. Not a problem.

But if it is implemented, you'd have to lose the book at a minimum.

"You have read 332 of 366..." and going.

am I ignored everywhere???'

can anyone see my posts?

I wrote this 1 post before you the solution for that special day

Oh, sorry man i missed this.

Burn is probably right, we will probably end up using the knowledge anyways...the books dont take too long to read if you use a library, and for those big books why would you buy an expensive book with tons of knowledge points if you dont really want to read it. I also though that maybe canceling a book would be a fee based on the knowledge points it has?

sorry can anybody explain, rationally why you would simply loose the book if you chose to stop reading it for awhile?

wouldnt the penalty of not being able to start another book until you finish that one be better?

why the lust for ridiculously over weighted punishment for something as simple as reading a book and wanting to stop?

I dont understand , other than for some reason people in EL expect some sever punishment now and again lol

sorry can anybody explain, rationally why you would simply loose the book if you chose to stop reading it for awhile?

wouldnt the penalty of not being able to start another book until you finish that one be better?

why the lust for ridiculously over weighted punishment for something as simple as reading a book and wanting to stop?

I dont understand , other than for some reason people in EL expect some sever punishment now and again lol

First of all, the book has already been removed from your inventory when you start reading, that means to return the book it must be recreated.

Secondly, on fast reading days it would be abused by constantly starting/stopping reading until you get it instantly.

Third, to make people actually think in game about the consequences of their actions and to think ahead a little bit.

Fourth ...

First of all, the book has already been removed from your inventory when you start reading, that means to return the book it must be recreated.

Secondly, on fast reading days it would be abused by constantly starting/stopping reading until you get it instantly.

Third, to make people actually think in game about the consequences of their actions and to think ahead a little bit.

Fourth ...

Add a 1-6h cooldown on stopping/re-reading the book and you cannot abuse "print day".

maybe if its really necessary, there can be a hefty fee to cancel a book based on knowledge points it has such as:

10*Knowledge points, so a book with 300 knowledge points needs 3k to cancel.

Fourth ...

Add a 1-6h cooldown on stopping/re-reading the book and you cannot abuse "print day".

Considering how the current cooldowns are implement do you really want something with a 1hr-6hr cooldown? If you want to have a chance of implementing, the solution needs to be simple or it won't be worth the time to add!

Fourth ...

Considering how the current cooldowns are implement do you really want something with a 1hr-6hr cooldown? If you want to have a chance of implementing, the solution needs to be simple or it won't be worth the time to add!

You could use "daily NPC algorhytm" - you would need to visit NPC to stop/restart reading (could also implement some kgc fee) and that NPC would not allow you to stop/restart a book until next game day. It's all here, no need to add anything new IMO...

why should a coding issue be applied as a penalty to the playerbase?

disable the feature on this day?

people who play eternal lands have to do plenty of thinking from the very start of the game , that and the incredibly severe consequences of your actions in EL ( and yet another being proposed here by complete loss of a book if you want to stop reading it) are two of the reasons why the non thinking mmo's are populated in the hundreds of thousands. Dont get me wrong , I like the slower aproach of EL but the fascination with everything having to have some severe consequence is not the most enticing of environments for casual gamers

Fourth ...

I dont even think the option is necessary , but its definately not necessary to punish people over something as casual as this suggestion. Edited by Ateh

why should a coding issue be applied as a penalty to the playerbase?

disable the feature on this day?

people who play eternal lands have to do plenty of thinking from the very start of the game , that and the incredibly severe consequences of your actions in EL ( and yet another being proposed here by complete loss of a book if you want to stop reading it) are two of the reasons why the non thinking mmo's are populated in the hundreds of thousands. Dont get me wrong , I like the slower aproach of EL but the fascination with everything having to have some severe consequence is not the most enticing of environments for casual gamers

Fourth ...

I dont even think the option is necessary , but its definately not necessary to punish people over something as casual as this suggestion.

When dreaming up ideas, the amount of work vs how much it will be used MUST be taken into account. Since stopping reading is something that would not be used very often at all, every little thing suddenly becomes much more expensive and time is better spent on other things instead. Also, with ever bit of complexity that is added, the higher the chance it will break and it increases that chance of breaking horribly. Think of some of the dup dropblems we've had.

The Fourth item was to leave it open for others to add on.