Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Learner

'administrator' banned

Guest vw0ut3r

hello it was me the "administrator" im new to the game and wanted to trick a friend of me i didnt readed the rulez first i feel sorry for what i did i wont do it again, could u plz unban me cuz i like the game :(

i didnt even get a warning :arrow: ip banned :[

be noted: any name such as administrator, moderator, entr0py r0ja, and anything else i can think of, and others, are forbidden names, you will get teh ban fast, no warnings either (esspecally around learner :wink: )

Ok, I unbanned you, should take 20 minutes or so.

But be warned, this is against the rules (which can be found on this forum) and any subsequent abuse will result in a permanent ban.

Why just build it into the serverprog.

Make an array of "illegal" names like all variants on Admin, Administrator, Entropy, Entr0py or whatever that will be checked on any new username, so it will not be possible anymore, or ask some kind of password before those names can be used (for the real ones)

Man, these newbies need a way of seeing the rules before they play the game. Like a pop-up with the rules in it should appear when they first play the game or something.

Why just build it into the serverprog.

Make an array of "illegal" names like all variants on Admin, Administrator, Entropy, Entr0py or whatever that will be checked on any new username, so it will not be possible anymore, or ask some kind of password before those names can be used (for the real ones)

Or just create accounts with variations of those names and forget password.

admin, administrator, R0ja, Roia etc...

Regards.

Man, these newbies need a way of seeing the rules before they play the game. Like a pop-up with the rules in it should appear when they first play the game or something.

Nice idea, but most people just do not read them, even if they are displayed.

hmm, i have better idea: like on phpBB2 forums in admin panel there's a option to dissallowe usernames. so just program such thingy to EL, and put all bad names into it, so when newb comes he can't get baned cus he didn't read rules and choosed bad name :)

I've got a better idea. Create a list of names that aren't allowed and have the server check the list each time a new player is created. If the name is on the list, don't allow the player to be created. That's a great new idea, by me. You're welcome.

LiKe OmFg there is a gr33n msg that pops up every time you log in!!!111~~

but seriously, how about when you click New Character it displays another green msg that warns of this, then you have to push like f1 or some misc key for it to move on to the character creation screen.

^^^^^^^^

much simpler than spook's (and others) ideas

or, like a previous post, just have a list of names that are illegal, and everytime you try and create a char with an illegal name, it says:

'Invalid name, choose another'.

Even better, have names generated from a database (or the name sites that are posted on the el front page), that way we dont get names like:

tonyhawk664 (random) or

mynamesbob.

:)

There's plenty of space for rules and illegal names in the connect console before the login screen.. Btw i haven't read the rules because i never was told where to find them. So list then in the connect console. :D