Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ravenod

Time for more random thoughts from me...

Ok. Been awhile so here goes with a few ideas

1. Shapechanging

I had a really really hard time trying to think of WHY you would have a shapechanging skill (other than it would be cool to walk around as an enemy). But it needed some sort of reason. So any thoughts or better suggestions about this, go ahead and put them.

But my current 'why' to shapechanging. ok level 0-1 shapechanging you can turn into a rabbit. But if a normal rabbits att/def is LOWER than your own, when you turn into the rabbit you will have to watch yourself run around for the (1 minute?) without any control.

Only if you change into something of HIGHER att/def than your own will you be able to control what you do as said creature.

Why is it like this? I thought it would be a cool way to get a glimpse at being alot stronger than you currently are (if only for a short time). Can't access inventory, casts spells...etc.... If you die when you are in shape form, you will go to hell without loss of items.

2. Pack animals

I ran across 2 deer walking beside each other in WSC yesterday. And it got me thinking about how alot of the animals in this game are naturally 'pack' animals. I think it would be neat that if 2 deer (or wolf..etc) came in contact with each other, they would roam together. The more the merrier. Probably hard to impossible to program, I don't really know.

3. ???????

Hmmm....I had another thought. Can't remember it right now with all my typing. I'll have to post a reply later.

#1 sounded a little weird... Sounds like more of a Harry Potter or Animorph's. (i don't know if you ever heard of it, it used to be a tv show, and there is also a book on it.)

#2 sounded pretty interesting, but like you said almost impossible to program.

those are just my thoughts...

later 8)

I think the shape changing would be cool if it was a perk for a specific race, like the Draegoni or something. I'd like to have some race uniqueness.

I think that a magic spell for shapechanging would be good (maybe magic nexus would determine the best creature you could become or there would be a separate spell for each creature). I think there would need to be a new sigil for "shape" or "light" or "appearance" or something: Temporary, Change, Local, Shape or some combination like that.

Probably it would be a bad idea to change a monster's shape with Temporary, Change, Global, Shape ;) - that fox or rabbit may really be an ogre or gargoyle with an alternative appearance.

I had a really really hard time trying to think of WHY you would have a shapechanging skill (...)So any thoughts or better suggestions about this, go ahead and put them.

I think the shape changing would be cool if it was a perk for a specific race, like the Draegoni or something. I'd like to have some race uniqueness.

so maybe

shapeshifting would be more like a curse or illness :twisted:

::: there would be a 'joker-like-NPC' that spawns in different places and in different forms of animals (Randomize!). This particular animal would have its normal name in red and with abbreviation 'were'.... weredeer ...hmmm... ok it would have its name in red.

When the players finds it and attacks it the fun with shapeshifting can begin if the player... ...lost the fight.

Cursed animal killed her/him and possesed -partly- her/his soul.

::: As the player gets out of underworld the problems begin. At first every hour (15 min RL) he/she has a random 50/50 chance to change shape (into whatever cursed animal form was at the moment it killed the player) or change back. No way to control it for the player.

::: the player must decide:

*stay this way

*get rid of this nasty animal spirit

*learn to control the new soulish passanger

There would be 2 high - lvl spells for mages: 'exorcism' -> kills the animal spirit and 'pact of souls' -> changes the random shapeshifting in more organised process (from now on You are in the shape of animal during night/day and in normal shape during the day/night).

::: Now this 2 spells could be casted by someone else but now if you want to get profits from your new soul mate you have to train some magic abilities. The spells would allow You to do what is mentioned in original idear + maybe things like spell that give you a bonus(for 10 min or so) to your attributes but its depended of your 'spirit friend' type, for example: bear would give You +5 to vitality, puma +5 to coordination, fox +5 to reasoning etc.

Sounds interesting...

And about Roja's 'race ability' here are my suggestions :cry:

Draegoni : -50% damage from magical attacks, There is no fork

Orchan : Body Piercing and Mirror Skin perks

Gnomes : +50% crafting and alchemy experience

Elves : Extra 20% chance to NOT fail at things

Humans : +50% manu experience

Dwarves : 240 hourly harvest cap

Of course with positives, you need negatives :)

Draegoni : Eats magic essences, instead of food

Orchan : Anti-social

Gnomes : Jelly bones and I can't dance

Elves : Inability to wear heavy armor and shields

Humans : Casting costs are doubled

Dwarves : Cold and Heat damage is doubled

--------------------------------------------------

Oh and I remembered number 3 idea

There is an anti-social perk, so why not a "Suave" perk?

Where you are so smooth talking and debonair, people will sell you things for reduced prices?

Something like 8 pickpoints and 5k gold? :)

#4. :P

Just thought of this...

How about using the boats costs like 2gc to use? No ferry-man or anything, just automatic. It will be a slight money sink, and also help with the whole "time is money" idea. You can spend 1 minute walking across the map, or 2gc to ride a boat.

If you don't have coins in your inventory, it gives you an error message.

And most important of all, noobs can't leave IP until they have

1. killed a rabbit

2. sold it's meat and fur to a tavern

Sounds great! Why thank you Ravenod. You're welcome.

Cya :D

My ideas:

[*]Weredeer

Attack power is reduced, move speed is increased, one-hit kill against rats, cannot cast magic.

[*]Werewolf

Defense is reduced, attack speed is increased, one-hit kill against rabbits, cannot cast magic.

[*]Werebear

Attack power is increased, move speed reduced, EP is increased, cannot cast magic.

That's all I can think of...