Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kat

Apprecition for the el team

I was thinking maybe we should have an apprecition day for the team of el, who was been working very hard lately. After reading some of the posts in "It has come down to this" i have noticed how some ppl don't really apperciate all the hard work that the el team does for us. If you think about it, they give us a free and fun game, they gave us an oppurtunity to make new friends, and most of all they do all of that for us.

Maybe at that day we can sort of have a party with like prizes and contests going all day, as we praise the el team.

just an idea

-kat

I think it will be more noticable if those people that can PayPal/donate to Ent $1 to $5, all on the same day or maybe the same week?

But, the in game thing is good for letting other players know that Ent is appreciated.

Great ideas, both of them. How about we try to do both, next Sunday? Or is that on too short a notice?

this coming Sunday sounds great, but we have to like inform more ppl, not too many have looked at this yet. Maybe ingame. Like maybe one of the site admin. can like u know say to all el in the blue print thing (sry i don't know the names of things :lol: ) about it.

let me just remind you, entropy wasn't the only one who made this game, it was also Roja and some other ppl. I think on the main webpage there is like a button that says staff. I am pretty sure that those are all the ppl who helped make the game :roll:

I think it will be more noticable if those people that can PayPal/donate to Ent $1 to $5, all on the same day or maybe the same week?

But, the in game thing is good for letting other players know that Ent is appreciated.

*ahem* more people than Ent work on this game, yourself included learner :(

But I think it is a nice idea especially for ent, since he seems to get the most of the complaining around here.

ok, i have a list like of all the ppl who helped in the development of el

Map Makers:

HempKnight

Map Maker: 13-Southern Kilaran, Naralik Catacombs, 7-Morcraven Marsh, Morcraven cave

Life

Map Maker: 15-Tahraji Desert

Maggi

Map Maker: 6-Portland

Neo

made map "neo"

Virgol

Map Maker: 4-Ruins of Tirnym

Moonshadow

Map Maker: 5-Valley of the Dwarves, 9-Grubani Penninsula, 14-Kilaran Fields, Newbie Island, 8-Naralik, Portland Mines, Votd Goldmine, Mapportalroom, Vermor Castle inside/dungeon.

Eldwen

Map Maker: map2_cave, map15_cave

Ravenod

Map Maker: continent 2: map22, map22_insides, map 21 & insides & caves

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Art:

Alamha- Erico Caselle (don_jericho@hotmail.com)

3D models: house_dwarf1, house_dwarf2, house_dwarf3, house_dwarf4, house_dwarf5

Akido- Amina Tan (akido_tan@hotmail.com)

3D models: house_gnome1, house_gnome2, house_gnome3, house_gnome4

Hadiak

3D models: citytower3, citywall_stairs, pitchfork, sack, shovel

Milkie

3D models: treeleaves18,

2D Textures: plmleaves, trunk

Othar

3D models: house19

Silverayne

3D models: well2, well3, boat1, oar1, statue5, statue6, chair3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional Client Programming Contributions:

Cicero

Learner

Leeloo

Sadez

Bongo

Plugins:

Milkie

3D Max- .e3d exporter

Sander

Milkshape3D- .e3d exporter

Frak

Blender- .e3d exporter & importer

Quest Writers:

Bossk

Slayton- magnificentmat13@aol.com

Storyline development:

Tumaros

Webpage development:

Tropicano

Moonshadow

Music/Sound FX:

Zenogias

Music: Castle Road, City by Night, Quiet Ruins, Smoke on all Horizons, "Unnamed"

Lontas

Music: Overworld, Mountainwoods, Windy Village, Housewaltz

Kazra- Michael Chung (mcfenix@cox.net)

Music: Town1, Tavern1, Nightcity1

Paul Ellsworth (paulewog@ixpres.com)

Music: contemplations_low, longwalk_low, Psalm20, Forest

Miscellaneous Help:

Duran-EL encyclopedia content

Rakthul

Quellantalious

Jinxx-EL encyclopedia content

Birkoff-EL encyclopedia content

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there were also newbie helpers, but there are a lot of ppl out there who do help newbs like all the time. But were not listed.

so i think that these ppl also deserve the appreciation. That's why i was thinking of having the contests that day, but giving ent. donations on that day is a good idea

I know there are LOTS of other people then Ent involved ... but I figure if any qty of cash managed to make its way to Ent, then the rest of the team would be chearing as well.

I'm NOT about to suggest they send money to other people!

I didn't say that, i was just saying that ppl would send money out to ent. and it would be a day of celebration for all those who helped out. So we would be cheering for ent and all the other ppl who helped in the development of el. In that case both sides would be cheered along. Ppl can also think of that day as an apperciation for themselves also for getting as far as they did in el, so we would be celebrating the creation of the game, all the hard workers, and all of us who have played el that have seen how many kind ppl we met and how far we got. I hope that this will work out. If i get more replies i will put this in the events catagorey. Maybe here we can start thinking of a special day for this occasion. :P

You're welcome Entropy.

thx for the support Lyn i think i will! ;)

Thanks, kat, today 2 people donated 30 USD ;)

gizz:        20     USD

BolanLongpants:      10     USD

anyway i can donate cash charge :roll: cause i dont have paypal.... or a credit card.... and my dad says i have to donate to EL with my own cash :roll:

You can use a debit card to sign up on PayPal.

You can also pay cash to yuor dad and use his CC (with his accord, of course).

And from many European countries, it's also possible to create a PayPal account, and make an "ordinary" transfer in €uro's from your own bank account to PayPal's bank account. "Be sure to include your Bank Transfer ID, which is used to direct the funds into your PayPal account."

You're not allowed to create a PayPal account if you're under 18 years old, so your parents will have to create it, and take care of the transactions together with you. But of course you can transfer some money to the PayPal account from your own bank account, that of course with your parents' permission.

For the Netherlands (don't know if something similar applies for the other countries) it says "you will need to go to your bank to complete a bank transfer", but an ordinary transfer (paper or electronic) will do just fine. (PayPal has an account at the Bank of America in Amsterdam, a transfer to that account is exactly the same as a transfer to any other Dutch bank account.)

[edit]

Darn, these direct bank to PayPal transfers seem to be available only in Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and Canada.

Another possiblity was to transfer money from a US bank account, however this isn't available anymore for PayPal members from Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and United Kingdom.

So that leaves them with the credit/debit card option (of which I was so happy not to be bound to).

I read somewhere that PayPal had promised to make the direct bank transfer also available for other European countries, however this is not yet done, obviously.

[/edit]

hehe, the adventurequest people over on battleon.com have a event they call guardian swim. basicly they shut the game down for anyone other then guardians and any guardian char gets access to some special guardian gear.

while the last bit could could not work fully with el (the guardian stuff is special high power gear as every player is on his own) i think its a nice idea ;)

yeah it seems like a nice idea, but not for the whole day, maybe like half or something...

basicly they shut the game down for anyone other then guardians and any guardian char gets access to some special guardian gear.

while the last bit could could not work fully with el (the guardian stuff is special high power gear as every player is on his own) i think its a nice idea :D

it was just an idea, i never said said yes to it nor did i say no. Until we can figure out whether to have apperciation day or not, i'll take any ideas, then think about them... i do agree that it would probably cause some trouble though.

Why? The NH contribution is that high, and then everyone will say "Not fair, I help newbs too".

Just accept the thanks, Jello :D

I think that we're having an Apperciation Day right now! A lot of ppl are saying how much they apperciate all the hard work el team has done for them!

so mark on ur calendars July 21 is now and for ever Apperciation Day. We should just say nice things about the game to Roja, Entropy, and all the other ppl who helped!

I find it amusing that the day that people appreciate the game the most is the day that the server dies :roll:

What's even funnier is that *first* the server died, and only then people started posting how much they like EL.