Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kat

a sneak preview

Ok, i don't know if you guys remember that story i have been working on (it's still not finished cause i have been on vacation and was not able to do a bit of writing) but i thought up a pretty neat begining for it. Tell me what you think. I would also apperciate some help on grammer as well, (i am not to good at that stuff :( )

Chapter 1

“An Important Noticeâ€

“Wuutta? Where are you? This isn’t funny! We have just received an urgent letter coming from the council of the Most High!†Lady Subaru screamed at the top of her lungs as she was getting frustrated. Lady Subaru had long beautiful lustrous hair that rolled down on her back unto her hips. She almost looked like an eleven princess how frail and skinny she was. Although she is human. Some say she had a great, great ancestor who was half-elven, but no one really knows. Lady Subaru continued to look for her younger brother and was getting to the point of giving up. Even at the age of 30 they still fought.

“Why must I live with such a pest!†Moaned Lady Subaru. There was a little rustle in the tall oak trees. It must be a stupid squirrel thought Lady Subaru.

“AHHH!!†screamed a voice that came out of no where. That no where turned out to be right in front of her. Lady Subaru rushed over to see who it was who fell out of the tall oak. It was no other than her pesky 28 yr old brother.

“So, what do you have to say for yourself?†asked Lady Subaru who was leaning over Wuuttaa.

“Ouch?†he asked.

“So I see,†Lady Subaru put out her hand to help her brother up. About half way up she let him go, and he landed with another loud thump. “Serves you right to have fallen out of that tree. You’re just lucky you didn’t break an arm or a leg.†No sooner than she turned her back she ended up being flat on her face.

“Hahaha,†Wuttaa laughed histaricly. “Here you missed a spot,†Wuuttaa picked up a pile of dirt and shoved it in her face.

“Why you little-

Chapter 2

"The Council of Most High"

“I thank you all for coming at this time of great distress,†said Roja. “I find this a very difficult time in Eternal Lands. We must find a way to stop this great evil that has been destroy Eternal Lands.†There were a couple frightful glances and confused looks around the large courtyard.

“Then we must attack it at once, I shall summon troops from all over Eternal Lands!†shouted Tornado, one of the Captains.

“I wish it were that simple, but it’s not,†sighed Roja. “That’s why I have planned to summon four brave adventurers.†People started to shout and talk about the matter that Roja had put down on them.

“Silence! I will not tolerate this in this courtyard!†A loud booming voice shouted. It was Entropy. Some say he has powers like the gods, others say that he summoned this great power from the underworld. He was always known to do peculiar things in the world of Eternal Lands. “Now please, let the lady speak!â€

“Thank you entropy; as I was saying the reason why I have chosen four adventurers, is because sending an army after this would cause too many deaths.

“So you would rather just loose them over an army?†asked Whitediablo, another Captain. “That doesn’t seem very wise just sending four people after this great evil, they would probably just get killed sooner then any of us would.â€

“You are fools, you need to start using minds!†Entropy snickered.

“Please Entropy,†Roja sighed. “The reason why I picked four people and only four is becuase they would be able to protect each other unlike a huge army. Less people means more commonsense, and less confusion.â€

“Alright, I see your point Roja, but please enlighten us about the people you have summoned,†said Ogerawa, the highest mage.

“I’d be happy to, once they arrive,†answered Roja. “For now, just enjoy the wait and you’re welcome to have some meat and wine that I had especially made for this occasion.â€

hehehe, I think it's kinda funny that you used our characters :( I can't ever see something like this being in the game at all, however stories like this make nice "fan ficition" which is fun for anyone who likes to read about stories from the world :)

I would really like to start putting more fan stories on EL.net, because after all, taht's what that website is for, the fans. And so far it hasnt been put to much use.

In fact to make it easier for everyone, I will see if there is a way to submit your fan story to the EL.net site for approval. Then if it's approved it will be published on the website for all to see.

Haha...I like it a lot kat. You've got a talent for humour. ;) Your ability to portray certain characters is pretty good too. :wink: Keep at it! Lots of fun to read! :)

As for grammar, there's going to be quite a lot of corrections (no offence), so it'll probably be easier if you complete your story, then send the whole of it to me, Roja or someone else for proofreading and editing.

Roja: Will those "fan stories" be the ones like this (ie. having to do with player characters in the game currently), or ALL the stories that people have been writing - including the histories, legends, etc.?

-Lyn-

Ok, will do!

Glad u like ;)

yeah, grammer i suck at that! lol

Roja: Will those "fan stories" be the ones like this (ie. having to do with player characters in the game currently), or ALL the stories that people have been writing - including the histories, legends, etc.?

-Lyn-

Well it depends, the stories cannot blatantly contrict with the history and such..like we can't have 5 different world creation stories. We can have slight variations if they are told from someone else's perspective however(like mortos's story, or aluwen's, a hero's story..)

Really they have to be decided upon on a case by case basis.