Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Flexo

'bout using weapons in leveling

Atm the fact is that you don't need a sword to manage in combats towards the monsters ingame which kinda sucks bigtime. It makes your leveling really long and you feel stupid that you can wear the best sword but using it would only cease your exp.

So here is a suggestion:

Multiply everyone's material points by 30 along with the damage you make and recieve and the monsters/creatures material points too and potions etc. Then an ogre would have 3150 material points and now make the exp you gain relative to the damage you make. It would make the leveling slightly faster and also make the swords more usefull again. Alltho you would have to unite attack and defence to one fighting skill which would be more usefull. And now ppl think that 'hey, everyone can own cyclopses with serp'. Make serp some elite sword with a certain level requirement. Every other game has a level requirement for weapons so why shouldn't EL have it. Make it so that you have some sword till lvl 10 and then next sword at lvl 20 etc till you can wear serp at lvl 70 or something same for armors. We would see a lot of variety in the game then. The other option that i see is possible is to reset our attribs and give us the pp's back or not but put limits on attribs, like 20 max or something.

Those are just some thoughts of mine but it would need a lot of work so i guess its something i get a reply from ent 'I'll just make you the command to gain 10k attack and defence exp' but i still wanted to bring it up. We discussed 'bout this a little in the council and mostly everyone liked it. The direct benefits of it is that it would make the first levels really easy and make you gain more pickpoints faster so ppl would actually stay in this game for longer than 5 minutes.

No offence to you, or any other member in the council, but it shows that the council is indeed made up LARGELY of high level fighters.

Do you realise how much more boring it is being a low level player trying to raise achem or harvest? Probably. But perhaps you have forgotten.

Right now, fighting is the most EXCITING part of EL. Should you not bring up the rest of the skills to at least its equivalent before trying to fix something that is not broken?

How would you make a macro skill more intresting? Thats why most of the current mmorpg's are focused on fighting...And note the contrast in it, if we multiply rabbits hp by 30 it would give you 300 exp and then you could actually move on to deers pretty damn fast etc, you would go the cycle a lot faster that is in the beginning, it would make the game less time consuming which would keep more players playing it since around 75% of the ppl are focused on fighting i believe.

I like the idea, but instead of a hard lvl requirement I would suggest also a recommended attack level.

e.g. serp attack lvl 70, where the chance to hurt yourself is

selfhit = (1 - attack.cur/attack.recommended) * 100 %

So at lvl 10 : (1 - 10/70) * 100 % = 85 %

at lvl 40 : (1 - 40/70) * 100 % = 42 %

lvl 65 : (1 - 65/70) * 100 % = 7 %

and 70 + its 0 %

The part of the suggestion about more damage -> more exp is only good for attack exp, I think you must have the ability to have defence trained also.

Maybe an option to fight agressive or defensive -> agressive : more atk exp, defensive : more def exp.

I said that it needs attack and defence to be united as one skill to work, like (current_att_exp+current_def_exp)/2=fighting exp or something. But serp should be something you couldn't wear until level 70 or something to make it 'elite' and the other weapons to have a meaning too, since atm no1 uses them and i bet roja made them so that others would use them aswell and my other guess is that she wanted the serp sword to be 'elite' too.

there was a reason for haveing a nexus tied to what weapons you could use. originaly roja had the serpent set for a 10-20 human nexus requirement but entropy claimed that noone would be able to hit that level and changed it to 5. problem was that people started out with five points and could get 15 more points in short order (i did so by harvesting flowers). sometimes i wonder if entropy see the same numbers the players see...

anyways flexo, it seems your idea is a bit similar to what i have been talking about for a very long time now, only less complicated in a way...

as for combineing attack and defence into one skill, i can live with that. givne that combat currently is the only area where there are 2 skills rather then one i think it may be just as well. allso as the current method of gathering exp for the 2 skills are virtualy the same but only realy works for one of them i think it may be worth a try...

still, the human nexus requirements for higher level weapons and armors may well have to go up with 50-150%. only a person willing to commit a nice amount of pickpoints into that neuxs should be seen walking around with a serpent. this will bring other weapon into use as people cant use the currently strongest weapon at the moment (or soon after) they enter the game...

now if we could allso get a removal of all weapons and armors from monster drops and rather replace them with bounty items or stuff needed for item creation then i think the game realy would start to turn for the better. but to get this past entropy is a challange all of its own...

Guest SpoinkyOne

In My Humble Oppinion We do not need to do this for people to stay longer then 5 minutes as you put it there is not a use for that if they are not willing to stay and apprecait the real beauty of the game they do not deserve to no one that REALLY plays a game wants to be max level and stats on the first day the real adventure is getting your self there

May All Your Adventures Bring You A Great Wealth Of Happyness

-Spoinkyone