Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
McMantis

Flee Bug Forgotten?

That really sucks... I am certain that it is there and it happens just about every day, I can not seem to find a pattern, but do you think that it has something to do with the home key?

The home button is not the proper way to flee.  

Instead, use the mouse (by clicking somewhere).

read that its from the other thing on the flee bug...

:lol:

You might be onto something there. Mantis, do you use home to flee, when the flee bug happens? Remember the home key is "walk one step in the direction you are facing", and when you are fighting someone, you are most likely facing him. So, walking one step forward would mean standing where he is.

Which is of course impossible.

It's the way to flee when training because you do not have to walk back to attack them again and it works all of the time unless you have the bug, when you have the bug you can not flee no matter where you click or what you do, the only way to flee is for the other person to start fleeing or using a dissengagement ring which is a waste of money.

Then why can I not flee every once in a while and I am not the only person this occurs to?? There must be something wrong somewhere but I can not figure it out.

I don't train much with other players but when training against monsters, the home key works great most of the time. Since you are automatically facing your opponent, it has the advantage that you leave combat but don't go anywhere so it's easy to re-engage your opponent - you can just leave the mouse pointer on your opponent and not move it. If you try to click the ground elsewhere to flee, sometimes you click farther away than you intended and have trouble getting back to your opponent. Sometimes you click on an unwalkable spot and the click isn't accepted.

I believe the "flee doesn't work" situation exists but I don't think it's a problem with the flee logic - I think it's more likely a problem where the mouse click and/or home key press isn't being accepted.

I think that the "bug" is actually in the client. Learner added some code to keep people from spamming the server. If you try to send the same thing very rapidly (in this case, to try and flee), then the client drops some of it. Maybe an adjustment to that logic is in order.

Actually, the server also will do dropping as well. Thats one reason the anti spam feature is in the Client as well.