Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MoonShadow

"thisgamesux" + "thisgameiscrapp" banned

Well i told him to rename and he said it was just a name and that he was not going to get a new name.

I booted him - he came back with those 2 accounts (same ip - same person).

So i banned his ip twice (dial up x.x).

While I agree that names like that are annoying and possibly even hurtful to the authors, are they really that bad? Are we, and I say we because I like the game and wouldn't like something that sucks, are we so insecure about whether the game sucks or not that we can't allow someone with that name to be in the game?

If I went into a McDonalds wearing a shirt that said "McDonalds Sucks", I bet they'd still serve me.

But that said, I agree with the ban, I'm just wondering what the motivation for the ban really is. Is it insecurity or what?

Well i don't get why ppl who name like that actually start playing the game!

With taking that name they let everyone know that they hate the game.

Also el is a roleplaying game and those names do not fit into the setting of el.

I told him to rename a few times because i think they are not only annoying for the authors. Quite alot of ppl walked around at beam complaining about those 2 characters.

That is why i think those names are not allowed.

It also falls into this category from the game rules:

10. No obscene names, no attempts to impersonate some staff member, no offensive names. Also no utterly stupid spam names such as 0000000000 or AAAAAAAAA, etc.

It falls into the: "I think this game sucks, so there is no point in playing it, thefore getting IP banned is a good thing otherwise I'd be wasting my time since I am unable to stop playing such a sucky game"

Guest Toyminator
McDonalds Sucks

Lol there was actually someone at my school who had a shirt saying "McShit" lmao...

McDonalds Sucks

Lol there was actually someone at my school who had a shirt saying "McShit" lmao...

kinda off-topic ROFL fun anyway

Yo ent isnt there a way or a Script that DISABLES certain names?

for an example

dont allow names with word like f*ck s*ck sh*t etc. (censored it, might be young kids looking ROFL)

and dont allow names with names in it like entropy or moonshadow or any other mods name ;)

It falls into the: "I think this game sucks, so there is no point in playing it, thefore getting IP banned is a good thing otherwise I'd be wasting my time since I am unable to stop playing such a sucky game"

your SO right entropy... i dont know whats with dumbasses like that....

why play a game you dont like JUST 2 get banned?? whats the use in that?

if i dont like a game i just dont play it