Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cicero

Click here if you hate spam email

Go to http://aa419.org . It's a web site composed entirely of images linked to fake banking web sites. If you steal enough bandwidth, the site goes down . . .

If you have a ton of bandwidth, be sure to go to

http://aa419.org/ladvampire.html

and disable your browser cache. It tries to grab images as fast as it can, and rape the scammers' web sites. Leave it running for a long time to get the full effect :)

You might not need to disable the browser cache with Lad Vampire, but you do with the regular website I think. It probably depends on the browser.

Oh, yeah, with the regular site I guess the cache gets in the way, but the JS version is much more effective in the first place.

One problem is that it takes up a lot of CPU time for me. It might be simply because I can download a ton of images, and the CPU overhead for downloading that many images accumulates (I'm getting about 30 images per second). That's good that I can steal that much bandwidth, but it's bad that I can't do much else at the same time. I guess I'll just have to let it run all night :)

If they had video files on those web servers, I could use up all their bandwidth in one night easily :)

the page was downloading 26 pics per sec so i closed it i really didnt get what it was doing...

the page was downloading 26 pics per sec so i closed it i really didnt get what it was doing...

It's basically a legal (hopefully) way to DoS scammer's web sites. Just keep downloading images from them until they run out of bandwidth and they get shut down by their provider :D

:D Was getting 120 pics a min - Now show me that 509, bitch...

Well, not spam in general, but spam that comes from these criminals. And it's not just the 419 scammers, it's the lottery scammers and more.