Eternal Lands Official Forums
Keegs_Mom

Counters (Kills) not correct

Using a new (to me) computer I got Sunday. Was checking my kills counter tonight and noticed that it shows I have never killed a leopard.  Except I did the daily in Hurquin just a couple hours ago.  Tried relogging to see if that helped, but no dice.  

image.thumb.png.8bed37ec0088f925615c6eee5d064db5.png

That's because the Client has to guess who killed what. Think about how the fight animations can be totally out of sync and you can understand why the Client sometimes guesses wrong.

Did you start another client at the same time and login with the same character (causing the other to disconnect)?  The counters are saved on exit, on #save or periodically with the background #save equivalent.  If you had started a second client and logged in with the same character, the last one that saved would be the one that matters.

No, I did not do that, nor did I get disconnected during the quest or before I checked.  I did try logging out and logging back in before I posted to see if the counter corrected, but it did not.

So you noticed the leopard kills were missing before you exit the client after doing the daily?  As Learn said, some kills get missed occasionally but missing all of then is unlikely.  Sorry, I do not know why that would happen.  The code involved is unchanged in a very long time.

On 1/5/2022 at 9:33 AM, Keegs_Mom said:

Even though I was the only player on the island?  It didn't record one kill?

The Client only sees you you se for trying to record kills, and has to guess if the kill is yours or not! You can actually get kills you didn't make as well.

4 hours ago, Learner said:

The Client only sees you you se for trying to record kills, and has to guess if the kill is yours or not! You can actually get kills you didn't make as well.

While that is true, OP has indicated they were the only player there. Besides, any dead actor that is on an adjacent tile in the view direction of the player should be counted. So kills can be counted for multiple players, but should not be missed. Unless the player character has moved away or turned before the damage update for the killed character arrives from the server.

Yeah, this particular situation seems to be highly unusual. Missing all 30 kills when no one else is involved on an easily-killed creature is not something that is normally seen. Missing even 1 would be unusual in those circumstances. That would be noticed since most tend to watch their counts to see how many more to do for Haidir.

Lost counts before a #save seems like the most likely possibility though that would take some really odd circumstances.

Edited by Burn