Eternal Lands Official Forums
Burn

About Hyperbags and the coming 1.9.6 update

If you're concerned about a hyperbag with the map changes, here's what you need to know:

Unlike previous map updates, the work done this time doesn't have as extreme an effect on places people might have hyperbags, so no announcements have been made for them.

INSTANCE MAPS are completely untouched this time. Bags there will be fine.

GUILD MAPS are always untouched, so ditto.

For all other maps (all mains/insides/caves/etc): Some work's been done on every map, but chances are slim to none that you'll lose a bag.

HOW TO TEST AND BE 100% CERTAIN?

If you're still concerned, you can use the Test server to check.

The Test server has the 1.9.6 maps already on the server. Go to the exact coordinates on Test that your bag exists on Main. If you can stand on that tile, your bag will be safe on the update.

You can do this with your 1.9.5 maps in your client, just keep in mind mapwalking may be wonky and you may "fall in holes" in places. All that matters is that you can stand on the tile where your bag is.

ISCALRITH INVANCE MAP is the same as the Iscalrith map. If you for some reason have a bag on the invance map, you can just check the coordinates on the regular Iscalrith map to see if you can stand on them.

Edited by Burn

*bump* Brace yourself. 1.9.6 is coming.

If you have hyperbags anywhere on official game maps, go to the Test server now and ensure you will be able to access it.

All you need to do on Test server  is stand on the exact coordinates that you have the bag on in the main server. If you can stand there, it'll still be accessible.

(instance, invance, and guild maps are unchanged so bags there will be fine.)

As was said, chances are incredibly slim that there's an issue with your bag, but if you want to be 100% certain, standing on the coordinates on test server will confirm you're okay.

(Just covering bases, because there's no getting bags back if they get blocked on a map change.)

If you cannot reach the coordinates on Test because of a crappy character there or map changes or whatever, you can PM me the map and coordinates and I'll confirm them. I keep all kinds of game secrets trusted to me by radu and others, so it's safe with me. "May radu banhammer me if I steal your bag" ;) This is just a service I'm providing to make the upgrade go as smoothly as possible.

Edited by Burn