Eternal Lands Official Forums
Zengin

Eternal-Lands Reborn

Hey, is there a way to start off this hype off, "eternal-lands reborn" on steam. More playerbase guarantee, that means more interactions that includes PVE and PVP of course, potentially more stuff sold so it's beneficial for both players and devs. What's preventing this game going to steam ?

One issue I see personally is EL is free to download and install! Placing it on Steam would require a fee when you install, while Steam adds more visibility it also costs the new players more! I can't speak about other issues that have happened in the past, but that pops up in my head just from looking at Steam requirements to be included.

There are plenty of free to play games on steam, and they cost nothing to install/play.  

These games make their money from microtransactions, which steam takes a cut of. 

1 hour ago, DsoD said:

These games make their money from microtransactions, which steam takes a cut of. 

Exactly why EL will never be on Steam lol.

There are many f2p games on steam, with cash shop it works out well for both steam and the developers of the game. You could always put more stuff like cosmetics in the cash shop or add other things, steam wont cut of if you include a paypal payment option, steam only takes cut of if you pay with steam wallet.

"EL on steam" has already discussed several times, here and in game.

The game owner knows about steam and seems not to be interested...

@Zengin: You only post here to push steam. What's your interest in seeing the game there?

On 10/16/2021 at 3:27 AM, Learner said:

One issue I see personally is EL is free to download and install! Placing it on Steam would require a fee when you install, while Steam adds more visibility it also costs the new players more! I can't speak about other issues that have happened in the past, but that pops up in my head just from looking at Steam requirements to be included.

Placing EL on steam will require a fee, but for new players joining will be free. I don't know what are the other issues that could arise but I see here and there many old games including no mmorpg games doing this, and it seems to be working pretty well for them.

Bump, anything new ?

I have typed how much was costing a game to be published on Steam.

Steam charges a fee of $100 for each game you submit on Steam Direct. Although nonrefundable, this fee can be recouped once your product has generated at least $1,000 adjusted gross revenue from the Steam Store and in-app purchases. Developers may not like it, but the fee serves as a gatekeeper against weak games

Also found a getting started for Developers for those new to steam.

https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/store/creator_homepage
https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/steam_controller/getting_started_for_devs

What's the game owner thinks about it ? Coming from the ERA of Radu & Roja if they are still around.

Last warning: stop pushing Steam. It seems to be all you can spam about, and the game owner already decided against it.

By now, you are infringing forum rules 13 (no spam) and 15 (no promotion of non-EL related business).

You also don't seem to actually play the game, making this pushing of Steam all the more suspect.

3 hours ago, revi said:

Last warning: stop pushing Steam. It seems to be all you can spam about, and the game owner already decided against it.

By now, you are infringing forum rules 13 (no spam) and 15 (no promotion of non-EL related business).

You also don't seem to actually play the game, making this pushing of Steam all the more suspect.

youve been warned boys! no talking about steam else revi will tell you off!

I am not spamming, literally reading active posts, not posting much. Also I do play the game but not often time changed.

If the game owner is not interested can you show me a link or a source, maybe the game owner could comment.

Nothing suspicious here once again.

Actually you have it backwards.  The game owner doesn't have to respond to you at all.  We'll say it one more time: this issue has come up many times before. He is aware of steam.  He is not interested in steam.  If he ever does decide to become interested in steam, he knows where to find it.