Eternal Lands Official Forums
Littlebig

Purpose of the different magic swords

Hello. I was thinking to buy some of the magic swords to my alt. I have already Thermy, and i would like to try out something different. But i would like to know what is the pros and cons of other serpent swords, i know fire has benefit over ice drag, but where else it's better than thermy, and is there any advantage of blue/yellow ones at any opponent? Not many ppl has all 4 different ones, but if someone has, i would like to hear if there is made any test results on harder targets.

8 hours ago, Littlebig said:

Hello. I was thinking to buy some of the magic swords to my alt. I have already Thermy, and i would like to try out something different. But i would like to know what is the pros and cons of other serpent swords, i know fire has benefit over ice drag, but where else it's better than thermy, and is there any advantage of blue/yellow ones at any opponent? Not many ppl has all 4 different ones, but if someone has, i would like to hear if there is made any test results on harder targets.

From what I remember, the swords of magic work great against Phantom Warriors.  They are weak to them and because they drop AE (not sure if it's still the same), having a sword of magic really helped in farming them.

4 hours ago, PaulB said:

From what I remember, the swords of magic work great against Phantom Warriors.  They are weak to them and because they drop AE (not sure if it's still the same), having a sword of magic really helped in farming them.

Maybe magic work to PW particularly, but ofc there is wiser solutions for such weak target, like Sunbreaker.

Darksilent left me me message to remind about fire to MB, and remind also casty weakness. that is good call, i forgot them, but naturally not going to buy 3 swords however

Also i think Little dragon blue are vulnerable to fire. But what i would like to hear is there benefit to use ice/magic serps (any other than PW? ) if casty weaknesses not count.

Edited by Littlebig

Only real reason to use magic or ice serps is for casty fire is the best overall for higher level stuff their cold resistance makes therm do very little dmg

I have both thermy and fire serps.  In instances, invances, and invasions, I use thermy as my default.  It seems to work really nice for me on swarms of yeti, FT, trice, Lorcs/Ltrolls, giants, acw, rd, and black dragons.  I switch out to fire/fa for nasps, mb, and milf (also often I use thermy/fa for nasps).  Fire and shield for icy, big blue, ldb, and ldp.  Casty either hally or fire.  I love that they each are 2 emu.  I have both insured and well worth it imo.  I've never tried magic or ice serps.  (Anything lower I'll use hally). 

Regarding phantom warriors, the radioactive titanium long sword melts them like butter.

My experience shows that PW have 10 fire resistance and 10 cold resistance, therefore magic is better for them but as previous posters said, there are other ways to kill them quickly and that's without risking breaking a magic sword.

I've only tested mobs from Fluffy Rabbit up to Cockatrice for resistance and none aside from PW show any heat/cold/magic resistances.

Edited by Nogrod
accuracy