Eternal Lands Official Forums

Since it seems only 2 summon creatures behaviour works

- No attack!

- Attack at will!

Would it be possible to have some kind of toggle : #summon that switch between the 2 mode, just like #glow ?

;) @bluap

Edited by dragon_killer

Yes please.  Even if all the behaviors worked, I find the summon window inconvenient and awkward at best while in the midst of fighting.  I'd much rather a simple toggle like glow on/off (and a nice little letter to click like glow has).

It does look like we could add a client side #command to do this.  However, I'd like to check with Radu (@Entropy) that it would be OK to do because this may unexpected behaviour for the server.  When you click a popup window option, it sends the sever a POPUP_REPLY message.  In the case of the summoning menu the message { POPUP_REPLY, 0, 0, 1, 5} is sent for "Attack at will!" and { POPUP_REPLY, 0, 0, 1, 1} for "No Attack!".  I've experimented sending those command directly to the server without first summoning a creature or opening the summoning menu and they both work as you'd expect.  So if Radu is happy, its an easy change to make.

Assuming that's OK, adding a hud indicator would be very easy in part.  However, getting the current status of the summoning mode is not currently possible form the client.  It's also persistent between client sessions.  Therefore we'd have to do something like this; set the mode at client start then track changes through both the summoning menu and the new #commands.  All doable but it would be easier if we could get the current state.

Edited by bluap

I've never had any problem with the summon commands, but for example if you set your summon to "not attack summoned" the other people summoning nearby also have to do that or they will still attack yours.

Haven't experimented with the other two commands much, but I expect they work as intended.

No attack and attack at will work 100% for sure.

I checked with Radu and he was happy with me doing this.  I've just committed a change to add a new #command and a hud indicator.

Here's the commit message that hopefully explains what I've done.  Let me know if you want any changes.

Forum #61629: Added #summon_attack command and hud indicator.
Provides control for attack mode of summoned creatures.
#summon_attack options:
  * a-f set the mode
  * no parameters, toggle between attack at will and no attack
  * otherwise show help for the modes
The hud indicator toggles between attack at will and no attack.
On start the current attack mode is unknown until set.
If the popup menu is used, the change of attack mode is tracked.