Eternal Lands Official Forums
Burn

Minimum Five Minute Notice before Invasions

We used to get 5-15 minute warnings before invasions. (Or in radu's case, announcing one in five minutes then forgets about it and comes back half an hour later and remembers to start it ;) )

[13:20:17] #Message from Wizzy: C2 Caves invasion shortly
[13:21:05] TwistedSister will be pushing up the daisies!

Not that I lost anything over a lousy harv cape yesterday, but "shortly" does not mean "instantly". That's less than a minute from announcement to death, longer than it took to leave the cave even if I'd instantly walked to the exit the second the announcement was made. The C2 caves invasion takes time to start dropping critters so the invasion literally had to start the second the announcement was made.

I'm suggesting we go back in time to when there was actual time between the warning and the invasion, with a 5-minute minimum. GIWS is predictable and gets 2-minute warnings, a less predictable invasion should get at least 5.

(This is just the latest example. It's been noted quite a bit over the past several months that the warning time has been getting shorter and shorter... we're only a month or so away from "An invasion started about 5 minutes ago".)

Edited by Burn

That's pure complaining.

Back then we had some invasions without notice even. We even have those sometimes. If you go afk anywhere except storages, you accept the fact that you can get dumped on.

Good job Wizzy.

As I understood it, the purpose of the suggestions forum is to change/fix things.

(Should I go to the KF thread and say "oh, it's as it is, it can't be different, no point suggesting it"?)

I agree with Burn, there should be reasonable notice before invasions start otherwise the game will be less playable for those of us that don't want to take part in invasions.  It's even good for those that do want to take part as it gives them time get ready so they don't miss the start of the fun.

Obviously the safety officer stay_puff has been lacking in his duties ensuring people are staying safe. I will have a word with him in pm and return to this thread when a solution has been made.

Edited by Wizzy

18 hours ago, bluap said:

I agree with Burn, there should be reasonable notice before invasions start otherwise the game will be less playable for those of us that don't want to take part in invasions.

Do you even play the game these days bluap? let alone do invasions... 

On 8/4/2021 at 2:41 AM, Burn said:

I'm suggesting we go back in time to when there was actual time between the warning and the invasion, with a 5-minute minimum. GIWS is predictable and gets 2-minute warnings, a less predictable invasion should get at least 5.

Back in time meant being told nowhere was safe... but I forgot you didn't play 'back in time' and just virtue signal as usual. 

6 hours ago, bralex said:

Do you even play the game these days bluap? let alone do invasions... 

Back in time meant being told nowhere was safe... but I forgot you didn't play 'back in time' and just virtue signal as usual. 

He's been much busier with Client Updates then playing from what I've seen.

2 hours ago, Learner said:

He's been much busier with Client Updates then playing from what I've seen.

Indeed.  It's a shame we can't have a conversation without making it personal.

1 hour ago, bluap said:

Indeed.  It's a shame we can't have a conversation without making it personal.

You make a comment and on forums and expect not to be questioned about it? I have been doing invasions ingame for over 10 years and I don't think i've ever seen you fight once. What I said has merit to the fact that if you don't even fight at all and comment and agree with someone about this topic why should this suggestion be taken seriously? It's not even 'personal' just an opinion and if you don't like it then prove me wrong about the ingame topic. We're here to talk about a 'suggestion' and not everyone will agree with you and vice versa. 

-solo 

51 minutes ago, bralex said:

You make a comment and on forums and expect not to be questioned about it? I have been doing invasions ingame for over 10 years and I don't think i've ever seen you fight once. What I said has merit to the fact that if you don't even fight at all and comment and agree with someone about this topic why should this suggestion be taken seriously? It's not even 'personal' just an opinion and if you don't like it then prove me wrong about the ingame topic. We're here to talk about a 'suggestion' and not everyone will agree with you and vice versa. 

-solo 

You did not comment on what I said, you just implied that my option was not valid because, in your view, I do not play enough.  That's absolutely personal.  The actual topic has nothing to do with whether someone takes part in invasions or not.

Just like in the game where having him on #ignore is a massive improvement to game play, "solo" isn't actually capable of discussing something, only plays attack games on people. No matter what the subject, he'll never say anything about the subject, he'll just attack the person instead.

Attacking the person who has been the most active client developer these past multiple client releases just hits a new low for him.

:rolleyes:

as for serious, c2 is more dangerous and designed for pros/advanced players/gameplaying style
be glad that invasion happened with a little warning at all, could be without any.. and thats kind the point of invaions tho.. not just farm land :P

my gosh, some milk boiled over due making this post :( I'm pretty serious but I knew the risk..

back to topic, if you can't keep half eye open due harvesting then move to c1, there plenty same resources, yeah some may be more far from sto but iron (dp or nara), emeralds (nara, tg), and so on.. only gypsum are on c2 oh wait its ain't c2 cave but main map and ofc c1 invasions more rare, except GIWS..

also sound notify hehe glhf *peace*

Edited by pipetz

If an invasion mod wants to announce an invasion with plenty of warning, that's good and I appreciate the courtesy.

If an invasion mod wants to start an invasion without any warning, that's good too.  Surprises are a fun part of the game whether it's finding a binding stone or finding that some ebul wizard spawned yetis or dragons where I'm harvesting as has happened to me recently a few times. Luckily, clicking that inexpensive IP Ring takes only a split second.

On 8/5/2021 at 8:42 PM, bluap said:

You did not comment on what I said, you just implied that my option was not valid because, in your view, I do not play enough.  That's absolutely personal.  The actual topic has nothing to do with whether someone takes part in invasions or not.

You wanted change to the game when you do NOTHING inside the game itself. That is a valid point I made. That's like asking someone about a topic inside the game and someone giving advice who has no idea what they're talking about at all. 

On 8/5/2021 at 11:28 PM, Burn said:

ust like in the game where having him on #ignore is a massive improvement to game play, "solo" isn't actually capable of discussing something, only plays attack games on people. No matter what the subject, he'll never say anything about the subject, he'll just attack the person instead.

Attacking the person who has been the most active client developer these past multiple client releases just hits a new low for him.

My name is Burn, and I got people banned for saying my name ingame because I couldn't handle it.... Oh wait, that wasn't me and also an 'ingame' thing, but oh well... Attacking a developer who has no idea how the game works since they DO not PLAY the game itself and only develops the game is also valid. If you want me to get personal then I still haven't gotten "personal" because all the stuff that happened is known within the community and happened inside the game itself. Probably one of the best things to happen to you "burn" is you aren't mod anymore and can exploit hydro with powers/exploits.